Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi,everyone

Default hi,everyone

Greetings from sunny Florida,i am new here,the reason i am posting now just to let others know about my business www.cata-limo.com ,please let me know what s good and bad about it,did i got robed by ,,the webmaster"? by the way i am looking to work with guys in florida as affiliate,if you have people coming into Miami ,i can help. thanks for your patience.....

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard! Looks pretty good.

Shalom,

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Junior Member Limo Padawan EFX Marketing's Avatar

Default Welcome

Welcome!

Your site looks very nice. Have your Web programmer update your META Tags. They are the same on all your pages. Write META Tags specific to the topic of each of your Web pages.

Looks like your off to a great start!
    Michael Ellwanger - President
    michael@efxmarketing.com
    EFX Marketing & Media Design
    "Targeted Ground Transportation Marketing & Web Design Since 1999"
    www.limousinemedia.com
    Toll Free 888-602-5959

Quote Originally Posted by cata View Post
    Greetings from sunny Florida,i am new here,the reason i am posting now just to let others know about my business www.cata-limo.com ,please let me know what s good and bad about it,did i got robed by ,,the webmaster"? by the way i am looking to work with guys in florida as affiliate,if you have people coming into Miami ,i can help. thanks for your patience.....

Welcome! The site looks good.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Get rid of the music! I mean...really!! Get rid of it. If you click the "SOUND OFF", it comes back on as soon as that series of images restarts. VERY ANNOYING!!!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Get rid of the music! I mean...really!! Get rid of it. If you click the "SOUND OFF", it comes back on as soon as that series of images restarts. VERY ANNOYING!!!
    Right on, every time I go to a limo website that has music I think they must have hired a web designer from 1990. Music 95% of the time makes the site seem super hokey. Some of our competition has music on their site and I just laugh every time I visit their site.
    Daytona Limos
    Daytona Beach Limo Service
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Need limo service outside of Daytona Beach?
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines

i agree with getting rid of the music. also your site has most of the text in the images. search engines cant read text off images, you want as much original text on the page as you can get, you're only hiding it with the images.

Everything looks good except for the dollar signs on the right side of the prices. Did your web guy do that on purpose? Also, I usually like music, but I don't like yours. But other than that, your website looks very professional.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Default thank you all,

I must admit that i knew something was wrong,some of the things like music and the $ next to price was my ideea but the guy who built the website never said nothing,anyway,what is done is done but the problem comes now,THE GUY IS GONE,i dont have password or anything to my website,i dont know how to change some things onto it,i am screwed,i need some advises,.....

www.cata-limo.com
    info@cata-limo.com
    Last edited by cata; June 7th, 2009 at 08:03 AM.

What happened to the guy? Where did you meet him? Do you know any of his other clients? Did you have any references for him?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

I am sure there is someone on this forum who can get around passwords etc...

I am thinking Michael at EFX probably knows something.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

well, the guy moved from florida 6 months ago and i cannot find him,he promised he will be my webmaster forever....yeah,like i should have believed him,anyway i paid him 750 for everything and a few changes after that then bang...got lost with my password and id for website,isnt odd?anyway,i dont want to bore you guys with my story,maybe i will get another one later or find someone to fix it for me,the trouble is that i am not doing well with money now ,here in florida business sucks,gypsy are better of now than legit companies,i pay a lots of money for permits,advertising,cars payments and insurance,well is a disaster.
    www.cata-limo.com

did you register the domain yourself? it looks like your domain is both registered and hosted at godaddy.com. do you have the godaddy details? if not get on the phone with them right away and explain the situation and tell them you need your domain control login and your ftp login to modify the files (not sure how godaddy is setup the pw might be the same).

then once you get your information you should go through the site and come up with the necessary changes you need and find a designer to do them. your best best is to post an ad on elance.com and people will do better work than that for way less than $750. if you need any additional help feel free to PM me or just post in the thread.