Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limousine Reservation Software

I have just finished reading over the postings in the 'Limousine Software' topic and it is apparent to me that there has yet to be a "Complete" software package to meet your individual company needs. I understand that this is frustrating and would like to know what each of you are actually looking for your software to do. Maybe it's something your software is providing now, but could be improved upon or your software simply doesn't do it. I'm looking for any feedback that can be provided. You don't have to identify yourself and you will not be contacted in response to your ideas. LET THIS FORUM BE A VENT FOR YOUR LIMOUSINE SOFTWARE FRUSTRATIONS. There are people out here that are wanting to improve this industry and Limousine Reservation Software plays an important roll. Thank you. I look forward to your responses!

Thank you, I am still interested in your feedback.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dane:
    Thank you, I am still interested in your feedback.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dane

You might want to look at the demo for Limo Wiz. We are quite please on how user friendly it is.

We presently have trip tracker, I am sorry to say it was a waste of money. Hard to use and it doesn't provide functions we need.

Take a good hard look and ask lots of questions. Good Luck.

John Sinibaldi
    NLA Board Member

------------------

[This message has been edited by fivestaroregon (edited 12-30-2000).]

Dane you should call Dick Barnaby at LMS it is a real easy system to learn. Ask for a demo.
    Guy

Have to agree with Guy - LMS is a very decent package. Most important, they always answer the phone and are there when you need help.

I think folks who have responded have missed the point. Unless this post is more cryptic than it appears, it seems that Dane is not looking for general recommendations to buy software, but is either a developer of software or planning to be a developer of software, and wants to know what FEATURES we want or don't want in a software package. Am I right or wrong, Dane?

I also want to add one other thing. Given the woeful state of limousine software, it is way past the point when the NLA should have put together an industry task force to identify and define the parameters of software for use in the limousine industry.

I'm going to respond to this post, but it requires a thoughtful, detailed and technical response.

[This message has been edited by jhj (edited 12-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dane:
    Thank you, I am still interested in your feedback.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dane:

I have been in the limousine business for many years now and have used LMS, Livery Coach, and now Easytrip software. The following are features I would like to see in new limousine software:
    1. Exporting data such as financial numbers into Excel.
    2. Ability to mail merge and write client letters from within program possibly loading Word in the process.
    3. Client routing history automatically loading when entering current client data.
    4. Ability to send confirmation for multiple trips on one page.
    5. Ability to enter reservation within one screen instead of having to load multiple screens.

So far one of the best new programs I've seen is limowiz. It needs some tweaking to make it useful for me but I feel it has alot of promise.

Wade Randolph

I have been using Limowiz for a couple of years now and am happy to report that is a good software program to handle most situations that arise in the limouisne business.

Prior to purchasing this program I shopped around and tried a lot of demos. To be honest what attracted me the most at the time to Limowiz was that it looked familiar unlike the DOS based programs.

I handle approx. 150 trips (airport transportation and charters) per week. A lot of it is "direct billed" once a month and Limowiz helps me to keep a track of all "billable trips".

Every new office member, even with basic computer skills have learned it quickly which allows them to be productive much quicker.

As happy as I am I do believe it can be improved. A few of the report options are of little or no use and the trip sheets it produces contain small print making it all the more difficult for the driver to read while on the road. Our company is expanding, we are about to upgrade our software program, we feel confident that that we will stay with Limowiz. We will upgrade to their network version soon.

If I was asked I would give Limowiz a 7 out of ten.

I appreciate the responses that I'm getting from all of YOU. I wasn't trying to be elusive with my opening statement back in November 2000, I just wanted to spark interest in the Livery Industry. JHJ is correct in that I am wanting to hear about what features YOU would like to see in YOUR ideal software package. I have been reading many of the postings and am utilizing the information. Would I be correct in saying that it looks as though LimoWiz is the lead software package out there at this time? Is it truly doing all that YOU want it to do? I would like us to continue our discussions, so let's keep it going! YOU

Out of 3 or 4 programs already tried, Limowiz definitely seems to be the best out there!

May I ask what the names of the other software titles were that you tried?

Just wanted to let you know we have been using Limowiz2000 for the last three weeks. By far, this is the best reservation program on the market. We had used another program which we bought two years ago. That program in our opinion was a waste of money. My only regret was not buying limowiz two years ago.

The support service is great. Not only do you get all your updates on line, but the techs on the phone "Jim" are great to work with.

Before any of you buy, Checkout Limowiz2000.

John Sinibaldi
    Carey Five Star Limousine Service
    Salem, Oregon

John,

Thank you for your response to our discussion. Once again, LimoWiz has come across as a leader in the area of reservation software.

To everyone out there, I'd like to ask how succesful has LimoWiz's integration with your current accounting software worked. Is it a "perfect fit", so-to-speak? I'm curious if maybe another software package offers better integration? What are some of the problems that you are encountering?

This topic is clearly an important one in the Limousine/ Transportation industry and I hope we continue to due it justice by maintaining it's recognition and an interest in it's constant improvement. Let's keep it up!

-Dane

I WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON LIMO SOFTWARE-I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF TIME AND MONEY ON DIFFRENT THINGS FOR SOFTWARE AND I HAVE JUST RECENTLY FOUND A SYSTEM CALLED LIMONEXUS-FROM BLUENEXUS. THIS IS A WINDOWS PROGRAM THAT IS VERY VERY FREINDLY AND EASY FOR ANYONE TO WORK WITH. IT CONFIRMS AND DOES THE AUTO REPORT THROUGH QUICKBOOKS AND IS DESIGNED FOR THE SMALL TO THE LARGE. WE ARE CURRENLTY INSTALLING THE SYTEM AFTER TRAILING IT. THE SUPPORT IS EXCELLANT AND I LIKE TALKING AND WORKING WITH THE FOLKS--I HAVE TRIED ALOT AND THIS SO FAR IS GREAT--I WILL LOOK AT LIMOWIZ TO SEE WHAT ITS ABOUT BUT TRY LIMONEXUS- ITS NOT FREE AND THEY SAY YOU PAY FOR WHAT U GET. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR FEELINGS MAY BE.