Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out my first limousine website

Smile Check out my first limousine website

I'm building this website for a friend of mine it's almost done but i need feedback from you guys www.dclimousine.us. i still have problem with google to rank it but yahoo did already and it's placed in the first page for 'dc limousine service' hope to get some tips and tricks how to rank it up in google thank you guys in advance
    www.dclimousine.us

its loading VERY slow for me. you want that fixed asap as some clients might hit the back button after waiting 5-10 seconds.

Same here. slow loading.

Default thanks guys

cool thank you for the advice im working on it
    any other problems plz let me know

Default it's better now

i think i got it was the large photos in the slide show thanks guys

Check out the validation results for the site:

The coding on the page itself:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...imousine.us%2F

The CSS on the page:
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...imousine.us%2F

Your site is still 1.5megs to fully load, way heavy. Definitely work on the images in the banner, both on reducing size but also making more clear.

I'll try to find some good tutorials on cleaning up images, or maybe finally wrote an article on here like I've been meaning to do before I got really busy with divorce.

-Greg

The rate quote doesn't table show up for me. I'm running Firefox 2.0 on a mac. Flow your text away from the images a bit too.

You might want to check your grammar, spelling and diction before you go live.

For instance, at the bottom of the Home Page, it should be "Washington D.C.," not Washington dc.

Quote Originally Posted by Salicete View Post
    You might want to check your grammar, spelling and diction before you go live.

For instance, at the bottom of the Home Page, it should be "Washington D.C.," not Washington dc.
    Are you kidding me? Salicete stated it much too nicely. The grammar and spelling of the "dc" site is absolutely horrible. He really needs to get it fixed.

clients tell?

Go out and hire yourself a freelancer to work up/edit the text part of the site. The site itself is nice to look at and pretty easy to navigate.

Hey thanks guys I'll take care of business this weekend. I'll be working to improve it since yahoo listed the website 3rd by searching for 'limousine' keyword, i think is a good start.
    Last edited by dclimousine; May 23rd, 2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: needed to add more words

A new member who goes on a terror regurgitating old threads makes the road ahead for themselves a little rough.
    Karl Jones

It would be nice if you also didn't steal my images. This is my bus and I took the picture myself with my camera, so I'm not sure why you're using the image or claiming to have it in your fleet.

http://www.vippartybuschicago.com/images/thumb/9.jpg

Well, not defending the use, I believe in using real photos or at the lease ones you have license or permission, he may not have realized it was yours based on the number of sites that use that photo, from areas all over (found it on sites for Virginia, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Nevada, plus several of those sites at the top list 555 phone numbers.

These days, many people just don't get the idea of copyright they see it and use it, sadly, we have whole generation who mostly know nothing about it now. Then there are those who do get it and just don't care (the ones that deserve a kick in the a**)
    This space intentionally left blank.

Yeah, most likely those are my sites. I run a company in Michigan and when I set up sites for SEO to sell advertising on I use pictures that I took myself instead of stealing them from other companies. I don't take it personal, but at the same time I would prefer that unless someone wants to pay me to license my pictures that they don't use them. I spend a lot of money on camera equipment and I spend a lot of time taking pictures and editing them, so I don't think anyone should be seeing the benefits of my pictures without paying me a licensing fee.