Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limo/Shuttle Reservation Software

Default Limo/Shuttle Reservation Software

Hello, I have recently developed a limousine & shuttle reservation software and would like some constructive feedback. Where better place than the largest limo forum on the net??
    A demo of my reservation software can be viewed by going to http://demo.thebookingtool.net. I have tried to incorporate both airport and hourly rental into one. The link above shows the interface that a customer would use to make a reservation. There’s also an administration panel which the limo companies can login to and modify rates, fees, vehicles, etc. If anyone is interested in seeing that, send me an email and I'll provide access.

Please review the site and let me know what features could be added to make it a more complete package.
    Thanks,
    Neil
    Last edited by thebookingtool; June 9th, 2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Update URL

Quote Originally Posted by thebookingtool View Post
    Hello, I have recently developed a limousine & shuttle reservation software and would like some constructive feedback. Where better place than the largest limo forum on the net??
    A demo of my reservation software can be viewed by going to http://demo.thebookingtool.com. I have tried to incorporate both airport and hourly rental into one. The link above shows the interface that a customer would use to make a reservation. There’s also an administration panel which the limo companies can login to and modify rates, fees, vehicles, etc. If anyone is interested in seeing that, send me an email and I'll provide access.

Please review the site and let me know what features could be added to make it a more complete package.
    Thanks,
    Neil
    Neil, how would your booking tool communicate with an operators current software?

Is the booking tool platform capable of being used with Fleetbook?

Is the booking tool capable of creating manifests for large groups or multiple reservations?

Is your booking tool GDS capable with Sabre, Apollo, and Get There?
    Philadelphia Limousine Guy

Blog Entries

I am currently testing this software and will provide feedback once I have used it for a month or so. It does not integrate with my current software but so far it seems to be a better overall online reservation solution.

It looks user friendly.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

I looks good - question does the gratuity and fuel get added afterward or are those optional fields you can add? Do you have the option for special dates (w/higher rates) and booked dates?
    http://inthescenelimousine.com/
    Looking for an affiliate in the Phoenix market? We are at your service!
    Call me at 602-996-5466 - ask for Rachel

Default TheBookingTool.com Features

InTheSceneLimousine,

Short answer to your question, YES.

Long answer: The Booking Tool includes a backend interface, called the control panel. After logging into the control panel you have the ability to add the following fees:

1. Vehicle Upgrade Fee - Example, if a customer wants to upgrade from a Lincoln towncar to a 8 passenger Limo for extra $50.
    2. Holiday Fee - Extra charge for certain days, New Year, Christmas, etc
    3. Additional Stop Fee - Additional charge if a customer would like to make a stop to their final destination.
    4. Off-Peak Hours Fee - Additional Charge if during certain hours, example, $45 extra between 12am - 6am
    5. Meet & Greet - Charge to meet customer at gate with sign
    6. Check-In Service - Charge to assist customer to gate/security check-in
    7. TIP - The ability to make the TIP required for customers.

Discounts:
    1. Coupons - Ability to create coupon codes, example: This Friday Save extra 10% by enter coupon code "TGIF"
    2. VIP/Corp/Group codes - A discount that's always applied to certain customers.

One thing to keep in mind is that all these discounts and fees can be entered in a fixed dollar amount or a percentage of the Base Price.

Send me an email if you would like access the control panel. I would be more then happy to show you all the features.

Thanks,
    Neil

Last edited by thebookingtool; February 22nd, 2011 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Updated Link

Default Do NoT use thebookingtool

Hi there-

DO NOT use thebooktool! The software crashes frequently and this guy purposely makes it very difficult to convert back to your old system if you don't like his, which you won't! Save yourself a huge headache and avoid this reservation tool completely.

Ron

Blog Entries

...I have to chime in here and defend Neil and TheBookingTool.

I have been using this reservation tool for about 2.5 months, 1.5 months on a trial basis while he worked out bugs and kinks.

This reservation tool is OUTSTANDING from my experience - I have been using the tool strictly to book online airport reservations. Since we are experiencing "growing pains" right now this tool came at the right time- we have at a minimum doubled our online bookings since changing from a simple form to this easy to navigate online reservation system. Airport car services need something as easy to use as this for online reservations. If you are looking for something easy for customers and easy on the pocketbook, check this out.

Neil and his support are second to none. I have made many suggestions for improvement from a limousine company owner perspective and he has implemented just about every single one of them.

Sure there have been bumps. I was having an issue with tax calculation on runs within New York State. There was just an upgrade and the problem has been fixed! I suggested the customer be able to print terms and conditions before checking out with their reservation..done. I suggested the option for Billing address in addition to just a credit card #. Neil implemented the suggestion.

Ron are you a disgruntled competitor because you have not offered anything else on this forum except to come here and bash Neil & TheBookingTool. You did not tell us your reasons for not liking the tool, rather come here and just bash it. Give us some reasons why you don't like it, how Neil reacted to your complaints...etc.

Neil has been nothing but accomodating to me.

"Crashes Frequently" is a pretty broad statement. What software that is fairly new does not have bugs and kinks? As far as "this guy purposely makes it very difficult to convert back to your old system if you don't like his" - what are you talking about? If you don't like the tool then stop using it.

The terms are month to month!! There is no long contract. I don't get that statement.

Don't come here and bash someone who works hard at trying to make this tool very useful to limousine operators on a very affordable basis ($25 per month). He offered to load price rates and sheets. I did all of this on my own but Neil offered to do it all for me. He responds to every suggestion and question I have.

I use ULS for my livery software - and it has BUGS and I paid over $1,000 for this software! The online reservation system is so bad with ULS. This is why I am using TheBookingTool.

My customers LOVE the system. We have recieved nothing but good feedback on this system.
    The only thing i don't like at this time is having to take my reservation from TheBookingTool and inputting it into ULS. But it is what it is and it does not cost big bucks.

If you guys want to see TheBookingTool in action on one of my sites go to my Airport Limo Site. It is in my signature. Click on "Book Online" and feel free to take it through the system, just don't check out and there will be no worries. If you want to check out and see what the customer will see when they complete a reservation, just put in the comments section "test - not a real reservation".

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim30; July 23rd, 2009 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rideguy View Post
    Hi there-

DO NOT use thebooktool! The software crashes frequently and this guy purposely makes it very difficult to convert back to your old system if you don't like his, which you won't! Save yourself a huge headache and avoid this reservation tool completely.

Ron

I’m the owner of the TheBookingTool.com and I have no idea who Ron is or the company he’s associated with. But, one thing I can assure you is that I have many satisfied customers – See Jim30’s post above.

We provide an outstanding, user-friendly reservation system and according to my customers, it has more than doubled their online reservations. If anyone doubts what I have to say, then try it out for yourself. Just don’t believe someone that’s clearly trying to tarnish the reputation of my company.

I have worked hard to build this software and I stand by it. If anyone on this forum wants to try it out, then I’ll set you up for free and give you 2 months of free service. After that you decide how you want to proceed.

As Jim mentioned, I’m charging $45 / month. I’m not charging an arm and a leg. At this point I’m not even making a profit. All my revenue goes back into software development and enhancements. The software already contains numerous features and a lot more will be coming down the pipe-line, such as GPS tracking of vehicles, PDF Encrypted Emails, etc.

So, rather than taking someone’s word for it, try it out for yourself at http://demo.thebookingtool.net. Go ahead and book a ride, you won't get charged.

If anyone has any questions about my product or services, then feel free to contact me at the Toll-Free Number below.

Thank You,

Toll Free: 1 (866)945-0711
    Last edited by thebookingtool; June 9th, 2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Updated URL

Hey Gunny,

Shouldn't rideguy's post be deleted. Looks like reverse "spam" to me?

Quote Originally Posted by rideguy View Post
    Hi there-

Ron
    Why don't you introduce yourself to the forum in the INTRO section. You have one post and it is slammatory. That raises red flags. Thank you.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

Quote Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
    Hey Gunny,

Shouldn't rideguy's post be deleted. Looks like reverse "spam" to me?
    You mean a "in" for "Bookingtool" to sell his wares under color of defending his product?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

I think if he is giving it away for free on a trial basis than his post is legit, might be advertising but he is contributing and possibly helping operators out.

Blog Entries

Jim, just got off the phone with Niel, I like what he had to say about how the software works and I'm going to give it a try. I checked out your Buffalo site and see how it is set-up, logged into the demo control panel and experimented with the demo. I can't see where any other software would be any easier than this to use. I will become another tester and keep the forum up to date with my findings too. Niel will be setting me up this weekend so I can get it rolling on the website asap.

Blog Entries

I am telling you guys this tool is "the bomb" for ease of use at an affordable rate. Digger I am 95% positive you will like this.

Gunny: Neal is for real. Take my word for it - he is legit and this tool will become very useful to our industry for those who choose to use it. Sure, it may not be good for a 75 car operation but it is a very nice system.

There are some neat features like before the customer gets ready to confrim theur reservation, they can see their routes on a map.

I have processed over 125 online reservations in about 2.5 months time. Takes alot out of manual processing.

I don't have to send people manual confirmations..it is automatic. I don't have to send them a receipt. They can log in and do that. If they request a change I can log in to the back end and fix it.

There are just so many positives to this software that if you guys are on the fence about it, give it a try. He is offering it to you for free to test.

PS - I have nothing to gain by posting this. I am not a "salesman" for TheBookingTool.
    Last edited by Jim30; July 25th, 2009 at 05:42 PM.