Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: 19 year-old's limousine service getting noticed - AZ Central.com

  1. #1
    News Scavenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,391

    Default 19 year-old's limousine service getting noticed - AZ Central.com


    <img alt="" height="1" width="1">
    19 year-old&#39;s limousine service getting noticed
    AZ Central.com, AZ
    "It&#39;s not every day you&#39;re on television," said the mild-manner teenager, who runs his own limousine company in east Mesa near Greenfield and McDowell roads. "It was good and get&#39;s the company&#39;s name out there." Jinks doesn&#39;t take many breaks running a ...


    More...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Moved from news to here ... I couldn't believe this, I've noticed this limo company everywhere around the valley and remember thinking, "they must be a new company" -- I guess the owner is 19! Wow.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Wade Randolph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA USA
    Posts
    2,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Admin View Post
    Moved from news to here ... I couldn't believe this, I've noticed this limo company everywhere around the valley and remember thinking, "they must be a new company" -- I guess the owner is 19! Wow.
    I hate to say this but there is no way a 27 car operation can make money with 1.4mil in sales. You need to do double that to make real money.

  4. #4

    Smile 1.4 million

    That is a nine car figure in a convention market where all the rentals pump up your revenue on special events.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    I hate to say this but there is no way a 27 car operation can make money with 1.4mil in sales. You need to do double that to make real money.
    Dean Schuler

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Schuler View Post
    That is a nine car figure in a convention market where all the rentals pump up your revenue on special events.
    Dean aren't ya forgetting something? Right about now you usually drop in the phrase "Redondo Beach School of Numbers"

  6. #6
    Senior Member PhillyLimoGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    I hate to say this but there is no way a 27 car operation can make money with 1.4mil in sales. You need to do double that to make real money.
    Bullseye on that! At 27 cars, you need to be doing at least $75000 per car per year average to make good profit!
    Philadelphia Limousine Guy

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Randolph View Post
    I hate to say this but there is no way a 27 car operation can make money with 1.4mil in sales. You need to do double that to make real money.
    True. I hope it can pull it off, or bring in some outside capital for a ramp up (which is what I expect the publicity was really intended to prompt). If nothing else, work on a schedule to unload the vehicles that are under-producing.
    Karl Jones

  8. #8
    Senior Member MrQ45Limo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,238
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I had the suspicion as well, about the rich mother in the back ground. I envisioned this high society women and all her well to do friends using Billy's service for shopping trips and bridge club. I would like to give the Kid the benifit of the doubt though, but I have a feeling those numbers might be exaggerated a bit. I've met alot of nineteen year old's in this country that barely have enough motivation to turn on their X Boxes or Wii's, if this story is 100% true I would like to sell my company today and go work for him, because in ten years from now he will be KING!!!

  9. #9

    Default

    I personally like the statement that he did 1.4 mil in biz this year and is planning to DOUBLE it by the end of the year! BAHAHAHA yea let us know how that goes.

    Now I started young at 18 with an internet company and made alot of money, but there was no way that I could get a "business loan" at 16, so basically his parents got it for them and probably paid for the whole company to start up.

    Also I run a fleet of 15 cars and make almost as much as him per year and he has almost double the cars, I also agree that I dont think that company is making any money, unless his parents paid off all the cars.

    I think its good that hes running a company at 19, I'm only 28 and been in this biz for 6 years, but I got my money from my own internet biz that grew to 1300 employees at peak and not from mom and dad, and started with just 1 limo and grew to 15. The math and the facts just dont really add up. How did he afford his payments at 15 when he was starting out with no business, and in high school... How did he grow to 27 cars in 4 years, especially with no top internet placement? In my opinion, theyre just not telling the whole story. But good for him I guess.
    Last edited by First Class Limos; April 26th, 2009 at 02:27 PM.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

    Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

  10. #10

    Default A Co-worker.

    I own a small company in Mesa and have been working with his company for years. Keep in mind, the neat thing about this company is they are growing. That revenue figure was for last year. Last year they owned a dozen cars. They have just recently doubled their fleet this year, thus their anticipation of increasing their revenue. His parents are not "wealthy." His step father has worked for Boeing for 29 years. They are probably not hurting, but from being around them, they are normal people that work hard and pay their bills, just like most of the companies out there. I'm in debt just like 90% of the limo companies around the world.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Crown Point, Indiana (Northern Indiana)
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avantilimo001 View Post
    I own a small company in Mesa and have been working with his company for years. Keep in mind, the neat thing about this company is they are growing. That revenue figure was for last year. Last year they owned a dozen cars. They have just recently doubled their fleet this year, thus their anticipation of increasing their revenue. His parents are not "wealthy." His step father has worked for Boeing for 29 years. They are probably not hurting, but from being around them, they are normal people that work hard and pay their bills, just like most of the companies out there. I'm in debt just like 90% of the limo companies around the world.
    What ever the numbers are I am impressed. Most 19 year olds are too busy blowing off life. Hopefully he can keep his head straight. As of now, he deserves the kudos.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    What ever the numbers are I am impressed. Most 19 year olds are too busy blowing off life. Hopefully he can keep his head straight. As of now, he deserves the kudos.
    Yes I agree with you on that point!
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

    Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    381

    Default Not all companies are dependent upon the internet for work

    Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    . How did he grow to 27 cars in 4 years, especially with no top internet placement? In my opinion, theyre just not telling the whole story. But good for him I guess.

    Your history is in the internet industry and therefore that is your frame of reference. But, you need to remember that not all limousine services are dependent upon the internet for a steady stream of work.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

    ~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

    www.citylimosales.com

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick E. View Post
    Your history is in the internet industry and therefore that is your frame of reference. But, you need to remember that not all limousine services are dependent upon the internet for a steady stream of work.
    No I also have owned a limo company that is pretty big for Ohio area for over 6 years, I'm definately one of the major players in the Cleveland market, but I serve a big distance too as I also serve Columbus, Toledo, and Pittsburgh PA and all cities inbetween. My assumption was based on that he has no internet traffic, is only 3-4 years old which means he hasnt had years to build up repeat clients as per say a 8, 10, or 15 year old company, so that leaves the phone books (among a few other things) and I know how the phone books work also as I'm in several.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

    Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    No I also have owned a limo company that is pretty big for Ohio area for over 6 years, I'm definately one of the major players in the Cleveland market, but I serve a big distance too as I also serve Columbus, Toledo, and Pittsburgh PA and all cities inbetween. My assumption was based on that he has no internet traffic, is only 3-4 years old which means he hasnt had years to build up repeat clients as per say a 8, 10, or 15 year old company, so that leaves the phone books (among a few other things) and I know how the phone books work also as I'm in several.
    I'm certainly not going to disagree with you and say that phone books are not past their prime. But, I know of quite a few successful, relatively new limousine services that are not net-dependent. Some have done it with a salesperson hooking into hotel, sports team, casino or entertainment (tv show) market segments.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

    ~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

    www.citylimosales.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •