Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: orangecountylimousine.com is for sale

Quote Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
    Surely an undeveloped domain (not hosted with a website) can't have PR or incoming links?
    Right now getting a new domain with you keywords included is the most significant thing you can do for SEO, in which case orange county limousines are all keywords in my book!
    i could put up links to http://www.theleaderiswrong.com today with 10 different pr7 sites. just because its not a site thats online doesnt mean it cant have PR.

theres many different ways that a domain can have PR. for one it can be a dropped domain, secondly it could be a website that someone put the wrong link to (has happened to some of my sites in the past). do some big searches and see if theres any top results without that keyword in the domain. i gurantee you will find a ton.

your incoming anchor text and page title is plenty to get you ranked for keywords that you're going for if you dont have that keyword in the domain name.

hell, even someone ranked the word "failure" to a george bush page without the word failure in the domain, title, or anywhere on the page a few years ago. that was just from the anchor text on an incoming link.

Senior Member Limo Padawan The Leader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    i could put up links to http://www.theleaderiswrong.com today with 10 different pr7 sites. just because its not a site thats online doesnt mean it cant have PR.

theres many different ways that a domain can have PR. for one it can be a dropped domain, secondly it could be a website that someone put the wrong link to (has happened to some of my sites in the past). do some big searches and see if theres any top results without that keyword in the domain. i gurantee you will find a ton.

your incoming anchor text and page title is plenty to get you ranked for keywords that you're going for if you dont have that keyword in the domain name.

hell, even someone ranked the word "failure" to a george bush page without the word failure in the domain, title, or anywhere on the page a few years ago. that was just from the anchor text on an incoming link.
    I still can't fathom that someone sending a link to a non hosted domain could actually create any pagerank! It would just be a a broken link and would only contribute to any page rank if the site was hosted and it would be just like creating the link then.

There are alot of high PR sites around with non-keyworded domain names but right now you'd be working at a big disadvantage by doing it!

Blog Entries

We can agree to disagree brandon. Sorry, no way in heck a I going to go out and buy www.ckio.com just because it has a PR3 and then put a limo site on it. I would rather showcase a fleet of Hummer Limousines (if I had a fleet of Hummer Limousines, LOL) on HummerPromLimo.com and see where that takes me.

That is just me. I however respect what you are saying and you bring valid points to the table.

Rich, no disrespect taken! We all have our thoughts and opinions here. I am just sharing with you guys what has worked well for me. Take it for what it is worth, just another idea and opinion to consider.

I have learned SEO on my own. All of my websites, whether they are PR0, to PR4 were all done by me, from design to marketing. I don't pay attention to PR like I used to a few years ago since I started doing more and more sites. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to get a page indexed on google in less than a day and get it ranked within a week. If I sat here all day doing it I would probabbly be better at it than I am, but I work at it daily and I am happy with the results I receive. I have had HUGE success with keyword domain names and content development. In my mind, keyword domain names play a nice piece in the overall SEO pie. It is not a stand alone subject, rather something complimentary to look to.

Here is MY OPINION on the PR vs Keyword domain theory, a random sample:

Let's use an example, random city. Let's say...Atlanta.

Google...Atlanta Limo

Here are the top 5 in order:

www.atlantalimo.com/
    www.mtilimos.com/
    www.whiteglovelimousine.com
    www.atlantalimousine.com

2 of the top 5 search results are keyword domain names.

#5, AtlantaLimousine.com has a PR1.

The website in the #8 spot, http://www.aformalimage.com/ has a PR3.

How is this so? There goes the PR theory right down the toilet and into the sewer system.

See my point?
    Last edited by Jim30; April 14th, 2009 at 06:45 PM.

I think Google has now given domain age (live) some priority and you'll find lots of non keyword domains that have been around a long time up high in the searchs. But now its all about putting your keyword in your URL, Title and content and getting inbound links with the keyword in the anchor text.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    How is this so? There goes the PR theory right down the toilet and into the sewer system.

See my point?
    theres way too many factors involved for your theory to be correct. i never said that a higher PR site is going to always get a better listing than a lower PR site. those sites dont have the same incoming links and same content on the pages.

its like saying a stronger guy will win in a fight. of course hes going to have a better chance of winning than a weaker guy with the same fighting skills, but if the weaker guy has better training he still has a chance of winning.

heres another example that proves my theory... i'm #5 for detroit limo

http://www.google.com/search?q=detro...ient=firefox-a

i got this simply by adding incoming links from other sites with the anchor text "detroit limo". before i did that i wasnt anywhere near the front page. if i didnt have those links i would never even come close to getting that spot. if i had the domain detroitlimo.com without incoming links and anchor text i might be lucky to be ranked at #500.

PR is just a way to measure the quantity and quality of incoming links. the higher the PR you get the better.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    heres another example that proves my theory... i'm #5 for detroit limo

http://www.google.com/search?q=detro...ient=firefox-a

i got this simply by adding incoming links from other sites with the anchor text "detroit limo". before i did that i wasnt anywhere near the front page. if i didnt have those links i would never even come close to getting that spot. if i had the domain detroitlimo.com without incoming links and anchor text i might be lucky to be ranked at #500.

PR is just a way to measure the quantity and quality of incoming links. the higher the PR you get the better.
    so why is a subpage with a PR1 ahead of you?
    www.limos.com/geo/United-States/MI/Detroit

Blog Entries

Brandon I don't think either of us are wrong on this issue. We both have strong opinions on it as well. We could go round and round the mulberry bush on this topic. You oviously put some value on keyword domains or you would have just named your company/website brandonspartybus.com and not partybusdetroit.com.

I just stated my opinion on keyword domains. I may think one is worth money, you may not put a value on it at all.

I buy and sell domain names so I place a value on them, just like when I buy ford stock. I am pretty happy with all the shares I bought way back at $1.25 and now they are worth over $4. I think I will hold on to them...and I think I will hold on to my keyword domain names. For example, I own a domain CashLendingCenter.com - to you it does not mean diddly. This domain receives type in traffic and earns me $$$$ every month just sitting there doing nothing because of strong keywords that people type into the browser. I would not sell this for even $500 because it earns more money than that in a year just sitting there. My cost is $8 per year.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim30; April 14th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
    so why is a subpage with a PR1 ahead of you?
    www.limos.com/geo/United-States/MI/Detroit
    theres probably a thousand reasons, one of them being that the domain limos.com has way way way more value than my domain and has been online way longer. the domain has 86k+ incoming links.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    Brandon I don't think either of us are wrong on this issue. We both have strong opinions on it as well. We could go round and round the mulberry bush on this topic. You oviously put some value on keyword domains or you would have just named your company/website brandonspartybus.com and not partybusdetroit.com.

I just stated my opinion on keyword domains. I may think one is worth money, you may not put a value on it at all.

I buy and sell domain names so I place a value on them, just like when I buy ford stock. I am pretty happy with all the shares I bought way back at $1.25 and now they are worth over $4. I think I will hold on to them...and I think I will hold on to my keyword domain names. For example, I own a domain CashLendingCenter.com - to you it does not mean diddly. This domain receives type in traffic and earns me over $100 per month just sitting there doing nothing because of strong keywords that people type into the browser. I would not seel this for $250 simply because it is earning me over $1,000 revenue per year for my $8 per year investment.

Jim
    i totally agree with you on a type in perspective. if the domain is important even if you arent putting seo into the equation you want the best name you can get and the domain the most people can remember. im sure my domain has quite some value just off the fact that people type it in and it gets traffic that way.