Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical problem. Please help!!!

Hi, 2006 tifanny beep once then shuts off everything! But when i press reset the power is back on.. Tv not working too.. Any suggestion?

Blog Entries

You probably have one of the worse systems on the market. We are about to give up and convert over.

The most important item to check first is the secondary battery. It generally must be replaced every three years.

I second billy bobs statement. Have an 04 120 tiffany , the secondary battery was on its way out causing the power to shut off or at times not come on. Replaced secondary battery and problem is solved . Goodluck

Thanks! Going to change the battery ASAP!

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Check alternator for second battery then have battery checked.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Any conversion control you might wanna suggest? Also thermostat inside control in not
    working too.. I can not control the temperature inside the limo. Please help

Looks like the new MTG touch system is great but expensive!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddyeddy View Post
    Any conversion control you might wanna suggest? Also thermostat inside control in not
    working too.. I can not control the temperature inside the limo. Please help
    On my 06 Tiffany, I have learned that a lot of the problems with the limo system are caused by really crappy wire crimping when they built the limo. It's like they over crimped the connectors and caused the copper wire to weaken from the excessive shearing force. Then as the wires wiggle from driving down the road, the connection is eventually broken. But you can't always tell by looking at the wires, especially if they covered the connector with electrical tape. You have to tug on them. Some just pull out clean with no copper exposed.

I had all sorts of weird issues from bad wiring. Before I found out it was the wiring, and I explained my symptoms on the forum and to MTG, everyone gasped and said I needed to send my main box and both panels for repair or replacement.

Spending that cash would not have solved my problems. Mine works great now after finding the bad wires on my own and doing some free-to-me soldering.

On my vehicle, the temp sensor for the coach is located at the end of the J seat (close the partition) dangling from wires coming out of under the seat cushion in front of one of the floor vents. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a bad wire somewhere from the control box to that sensor.

I even had radio problems in the coach from these same bad wiring techniques -- speakers out, and other weird stuff.

Since both of ours were made the same year, by probably the same people using the same techniques for the time, you probably have the same issues.
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; February 25th, 2014 at 10:06 PM.