Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electrical problem. Please help!!!

Default Electrical problem. Please help!!!

I have a 2006 Lincoln Towncar 120" by Tiffany and everytime I touch the temperature or fan speed control in the back or the HVAC in the front the all system shuts down and is restarting. Can you please help me. Thank you.

Depending on when the car was bought and how many miles are on it, it may be under warranty still. I would try calling Tiffany first.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Default 2006, 85000 miles. I am the second owner.

Thank you. I will try to call Tiffany, maybe it is a common problem.

Default Lights Out, Beep Beep Beep

Bill, on behalf of Diane

This area where we can give expert advice.

We have replaced within the first three months, at lease three motherboards.

We have two Tiffany Limos with the Mastrcon System installed. The number for the repair department is 609-975-6056, keep it on speed dial. While you are on the phone with them, order a spare front and rear touch panel. The front will cover will crack and split. Nothing will work to the right of the crack. They should be about $250.00 each.

First, you need to determine if the large RED Power line has a quick connect or is bolted directly to the computer board. If you do not have a quick connect, YOU MUST DISCONNECT BOTH BATTERIES BEFORE REPLACING THE BOARD.

The computer box is located in a bad position. If your driver is 6 Ft. they can move the drivers seat back and crush the system. This may have happened to you, but is unlikely.

More than likely the system will go completely dark. Everything in the rear goes out. It will beep a few times and then you can reset the computer.

Tiffany will refer you to the provider of the computer box manufacturer. If you would like to call me please free to do so. My cell phone number is 205-913-1846. I can address this issue in private.

Bill

Banned

Sound like the same problem we had on or Tiffany. Had to replace the back touch screen.

Default Lights Out!

Saturday May 9, 2009, after we cleaned and prepped the Limo, three beeps from our Limo Touch System, then darkness in the back. After a quick look at the fuses and attempting to reset the unit, no touch panel activity. The lights and air conditioner all work when the reset button is pressed or held down. Still no access to the front of rear Limo Touch control panels.

We had the option of switching control units, however, we chose not to do so in the event there was a wiring issue, then the Bride would be without any limo service do to Proms and other special events. We have a specific limo we promote for wedding service due to the Silver exterior and Stone and Slate interior for photographs.

Any thoughts?

#1. Call the coachbuilder.

#2. Call MTG

#3. Call Digger :-)
    Marc Rold
    Wild Horse Limousine
    www.wildhorselimo.com

Blog Entries

There is a pink wire that goes into the system. Make sure there is power coming to it while the engine is running. typicaly a fuse is attached to it.

If there is power, then try removing the wire from the rear controls(in the cabin). The rear control panel comes out easy. Then try turning the power on from the driver controls.

More and more likely, you will have to send your rear power unit to be reprogrammed at MTG.

Contact (800) 362-6224 X263Matt Rafeld Limo Touch and MastrCon Technical Support

Senior Member Limo Padawan Jazzy Girl's Avatar

If anyone needs the actual diagrams, schmatics and fuse usage on a Limo Touch system to try and figure it out yourself. I wrote the service manuals used from 2004 thru current for US Coach to Imperial and have them for a 2006 model. Most coachbuilders used the same system with different face plates showing their logo. You could possibly have the wrong size fuse for the fan, causing it to short circuit or shut down completly.
    Annette

"Everything starts with the right set of wheels, let limogirl.net get you rolling"
    www.limogirl.net

Default Sent back for repair

We had to send the unit back, UPS Next Day. Thank you for your suggestions. Neither touch panels would work. I had one of our drivers check the fuses. All of the fuses were fine. The CPU is working; we just cannot control its function.

They should have it by Thursday; they are closed on Friday, and will try to work on it Monday. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of one of Alabama’s largest Golf Tournaments this weekend.

One Limo dead until Tuesday or Wednesday.

They did have a reconditioned unit available for $500.00. They do not have exchange units available. It would be nice to work with a company, which provides a critical component to our industry, an industry hanging on in a depressed economy. Maybe, keep an exchange unit for the thousands of units in service? Just a thought.

We did research two replacement systems before this issue popped up. The Drivesoft is another computer based system. It may not have a direct replacement option for the Limo Touch Control panel. Springfield Coach has the old fashioned, bulletproof mechanical system. If one component fails, the others are still operational. We love the touch panels of the Limo Touch System. We now have to decide our next direction.

The good news is, the Limo Touch System failed before the twelve hour run started.

Thank you for all of your help.

Just a footnote, if a company could come up with a simple Plug & Play replacement unit, they may corner the market.

Default Almost an instant repair.

The service department at MTG has done a wonderful job for us this time. Our Limo should be up and running by Friday. They were able to repair our system board in just a few hours. For this we would like to thank them for a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Saturday May 9, 2009, after we cleaned and prepped the Limo, three beeps from our Limo Touch System, then darkness in the back. After a quick look at the fuses and attempting to reset the unit, no touch panel activity. The lights and air conditioner all work when the reset button is pressed or held down. Still no access to the front of rear Limo Touch control panels.

We had the option of switching control units, however, we chose not to do so in the event there was a wiring issue, then the Bride would be without any limo service do to Proms and other special events. We have a specific limo we promote for wedding service due to the Silver exterior and Stone and Slate interior for photographs.

Any thoughts?
    I had the same problem(tall drivers would put the seat back too far and crush the unit) with an 04 Tiffany. Luckily it was under warranty.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    I had the same problem(tall drivers would put the seat back too far and crush the unit) with an 04 Tiffany. Luckily it was under warranty.
    Seems like something could and should be done to stop this from happening...maybe a cage like the ones they put around clocks in school gymnasiums?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Member Limo Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Seems like something could and should be done to stop this from happening...maybe a cage like the ones they put around clocks in school gymnasiums?
    That's what I do for my customers. On any builds I have done I mount the board behind the console. I am doing a Kodiak build right now and all electronics are going in the tailgate area. No pulling seats of crawling in a drivers hole....simplicity..
    It is what it is!!

I had this problem in my 300C. Everytime you hit the Fan button it shuts off. I found a bad ground wire on the frame and fixed it. Now no problems.
    "Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

www.limoservicedenver.com