Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NLA's Big Legislative Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Rick E. View Post
    It's a shame that your dogma is so tied to your self-worth that any questioning winds you up. The reality is that the majority of my posts have to do with industry issues. With the possible exception of a factual comment, in one direction or the other, I have refrained from posting on any threads that pertain to product.
    Well Ricky, anytime you want to compare notes on who has adressed more Industry issues & the abuses brought down on the limo industry lets go for it. As far as actually engaging in a street fight with regulators, there is no comparison porch sitter. My "small" team is 4 & 0 when it comes to blocking Legislation we object to. What's your score?

BTW, is that your product your advertising in your signature car salesman?
    Last edited by gunny; May 6th, 2009 at 08:36 PM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Wow! I don't open this thread too often because it is like a broken record and I just want to ask - does anyone have a sock? Looks like Rick already riled you up Gunny. I stopped by this thread purely to ask, do you REALLY believe that there is NOTHING ever accomplished by the NLA? I mean you can't find one single thing positive to say about an association that works for the betterment of the industry? Forget about who "manages" them for a minute because it really doesn't have shit to do with daily business. The NLA enjoys the benefits of Bobit Business Media by virtue of accounting functions, human resources, printing and the like. The day-to-day decisions are made by Patricia as the Executive Director. She works at the pleasure of the Board of Directors who hail from all over the United States, each with their own geographical issues and companies they represent. So, of all those people working on various issues, you can't think of one accomplishment? Perhaps maybe you don't know about the accomplishments because you are not a member, you don't get member newsletters telling you what they have done recently. Perhaps you don't get the e-mail blasts with information about things in the industry.

I mean, even if you didn't like me as a person, I am sure that you could find it in your heart to say, "The guy runs a childrens' charity. That's noble". I mean, I'm sure despite all this bashing of the magazine I write for and the NLA that you are a decent guy in some respect. Right?
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

You guys.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Wow! I don't open this thread too often because it is like a broken record and I just want to ask - does anyone have a sock? Looks like Rick already riled you up Gunny. I stopped by this thread purely to ask, do you REALLY believe that there is NOTHING ever accomplished by the NLA? I mean you can't find one single thing positive to say about an association that works for the betterment of the industry? Forget about who "manages" them for a minute because it really doesn't have shit to do with daily business. The NLA enjoys the benefits of Bobit Business Media by virtue of accounting functions, human resources, printing and the like. The day-to-day decisions are made by Patricia as the Executive Director. She works at the pleasure of the Board of Directors who hail from all over the United States, each with their own geographical issues and companies they represent. So, of all those people working on various issues, you can't think of one accomplishment? Perhaps maybe you don't know about the accomplishments because you are not a member, you don't get member newsletters telling you what they have done recently. Perhaps you don't get the e-mail blasts with information about things in the industry.

I mean, even if you didn't like me as a person, I am sure that you could find it in your heart to say, "The guy runs a childrens' charity. That's noble". I mean, I'm sure despite all this bashing of the magazine I write for and the NLA that you are a decent guy in some respect. Right?
    Well Golly Gee Mr LCT Editor, your position puts you at the top of the NLA Bullshit heap so you should be able to rattle off NLA Legislative accomplishments most skosh.

I'll do the hard part for you, all you have to do is fill in the blanks:

NLA Accomplishments since 1997

( a ) ________________

( b ) _________________

( c ) __________________

( d ) __________________

At least you realize I am at the TOP of something while you are somewhere near the bottom of nothing. I will have to take some time here to figure just which successes would rate on your little chart but rest assured I will fill in the blanks for you. Maybe I will even send you an application so you might reap some of the benefits yourself there!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

At least you realize I am at the TOP of something while you are somewhere near the bottom of nothing. I will have to take some time here to figure just which successes would rate on your little chart but rest assured I will fill in the blanks for you. Maybe I will even send you an application so you might reap some of the benefits yourself there!
    You noticed I kept it to 4 'cause that is the number of legislative battles my group has won so far. BTW, claiming TLPA victories under NLA does not count.

For someone at the bottom I sure do garner a lot of attention, don't I? I'm just that pesky little nat that no one seems to be able to swat.

Malcontents Rule!!!

Default I will assist

(a) Organizied free trips to DC for NLA board members and families

Sorry my sarcastic nature just comes thru, I should seek therapy.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Absolutely not true! NLA board members must agree by virtue of the bylaws of the organization pay for all personal travel expenses and you must agree to do so before you can even run for the board!

I don't mind you poking fun or even the critical views but you must be factual about it.

Gunny, I have been very busy today and have not been able to answer your poll as I am still thinking about which four items have been the best benefit.

Didn't want you to think I was stumped!!!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA

The keyword is personal travel, so you say it is business. I have extensive knowledge of how National Associations work. And believe me the perks are taken care of. I really don't care if that is the case anyway, I object to the numerous times they spend the day on the Hill to talk about the same thing, Ride Act and gas guzzler. The 3 times I went that was all we talked about, so for 3 years nothing changed.

Absolutely not true! NLA board members must agree by virtue of the bylaws of the organization pay for all personal travel expenses and you must agree to do so before you can even run for the board!

I don't mind you poking fun or even the critical views but you must be factual about it.

Gunny, I have been very busy today and have not been able to answer your poll as I am still thinking about which four items have been the best benefit.

Didn't want you to think I was stumped!!!
    The SUBJECT is acheivements. Obtaining free coupons at Micky D's doesn't count.

Default Maybe this will help

Jim click here

http://www.kfcplainfield.com/sound/jeopardy.wav

Well Golly Gee Mr LCT Editor, your position puts you at the top of the NLA Bullshit heap so you should be able to rattle off NLA Legislative accomplishments most skosh.

I'll do the hard part for you, all you have to do is fill in the blanks:

NLA Accomplishments since 1997

( a ) ________________

( b ) _________________

( c ) __________________

( d ) __________________

N-o

L-egitimate

A-ccomplishments

Default bump

N-o

L-egitimate

A-ccomplishments