Thread: Cell phone expenses

Has anyone out there figured out how to reduce cell phone costs in this business? We are still very new and only have a few vehicles.
    Thanks!

If you are talking about your vehicle cellphones, fit a credit card reader to bill the charge to the passenger.
    If you are talking about your own staff get detailed billing on each cellphone, here it costs .50 cents a month and then go through each bill and any unauthorised calls you find make the caller pay. You will soon find you regain control of this side of your business.
    Good luck Dick Hall

I don't know where you are located but in the Toronto,Ontario area most of us use the MIKE system. It's a two way radio/telephone thats billed by the second. We each get an invoice for our individual usage. Nextel is the service provider in the U.S. If you reside outside of North America, other then moving here for cheaper rates, I can't suggest anything.

Michael Boimoil
    Westmount Corporate Limousine Service

If you are using cell phones as a means to communicate with your chauffeurs then may I make a suggestion?

Nextel provides a unit which is a cell phone .. but also a two way radio. In Florida I can talk to someone in Miami while I'm in Orlando (half a state away). This direct two way link is free.

I can also broadcast to the entire fleet at one time (paying for minutes used)

In addition, the unit is also a cell phone which can be activated with any major cellular carrier service.

Hope this helps !

My chauffeurs are very good at not using the phones for personal use. We spot check the detailed phone bills and have not found any real abuses.. The other thing is I always budget slightly higher than my average phone bill. I pay the same amount every month and my credit slowly grows. My cellular company owes me money right now.

------------------
    Brandy Fuller
    Owner S.L.S.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Judi:
    Has anyone out there figured out how to reduce cell phone costs in this business? We are still very new and only have a few vehicles.
    Thanks!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Many of our chauffeurs have their own phones. The rest use company phones, and they know we audit the bills . Therefore, very littele abuse. Sincerely, Dean Schuler

If you are interested in improving mobile communications in the NY Tri-State area as well as reducing your current cellular costs please give me a call and I'll do my best to help you out.We currently serve many Limousine services in the NY area who really appreciate our 2way digital radio for individual and group communications with their staffs. Thank you!
    Brian Van Steen
    Sales Executive for NEXTEL Communications
    914-407-6306

We've been using the Nextel system for the past 3 years and the service seems to be improving every year. However, their direct connect/2 way system is not free, they charge you in a monthly access fee for unlimited usage per month, but it's not free. We don't get hammered each month with drivers calling each other or the office. The cellular part of the phone is for emergency only or out of our 2 way service area communication. We let our customers use the phone for important calls at $2 a minute. If they need to use the phone that bad, they'll pay it.