Thread: 03-06 gm suvs

Default 03-06 gm suvs

I was wondering what problems people have with there 03-06 suburban, yukon or escalade. so far I have been through a fuel pump, a rear air compressor, front driver side wheel/hub bearing and a gauge cluster. seem like alot for an 06 escalade with under 100k. I have 2 escaldes so i replaced 2 pumps, 2 compressor, 2 hub bearings but only 1 cluster so far.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

All GM vehicles are junk! I could sit here all night and tell you the shit I see every day as a tech and it would make you sick. By the time a GM has 50k miles on it the repairs start 1 after another. Fuel pumps, cheep front end parts and if you have a 4x4 that gets an oil pan leak time to either pull the motor or the front diff to fix it. If they made a quality product they wouldn't be asking for a bailout. The bigest problem with them being a viable company is the image they have in the publics eye. As building CRAP!!! You don't see Toyota, BMW or Honda asking for help. HMMMMM I wonder why. Out of all 3 Ford will be the only 1 standing when the dust settles. Ya the people love the Hummers and Escalades and we have even cosidered getting 1. Just accept the fact they always need work.

Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast Inc.
    www.elegantjacksonvillelimos.info
    386-793-1077
    Last edited by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast; March 9th, 2009 at 09:33 PM.

Blog Entries

This is all because GM designs their vehicles for the first owner and the amount of the warrantee time, after that they don't care how quick it falls apart. GM interiors seem to be the worst for being shot by 80k miles, door handles break, seat-foam is broke-down, seems are pulling apart.

Ford and Dodge seem to design the normal car for about 100k miles before things start to show wear.

Honda, Toyota, etc. seem to design for more around the 200k mile mark.

I just saw a 1995 Hyundai Sonata with 179k miles on it, original owned. The fabric interior was still in almost perfect condition, a few minor flaws but the seat foam and material still looked awesome. No sagging headliner and no broken interior items other than a window crank that didn't want to hold the window closed. I was quite impressed, considering that this little black lady never even took care of the car properly.
    Last edited by Digger; March 9th, 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

We just rented an Expedtion EL. Much nicer than our Tahoe. We have not had any problems with our Tahoe yet, I just do not like the way it handles.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    We just rented an Expedtion EL. Much nicer than our Tahoe. We have not had any problems with our Tahoe yet, I just do not like the way it handles.
    does the tahoe come with air suspension. my esv handles good but ny/nj roads eat up suspensions and tires.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

When i had my 03 Suburban 1500 at about 150k The Hubs went out, the diff started to wine, it would not switch to 4X4, That damn Speaker for onstar kept buzing in my ear. TOTAL NIGHTMARE Traded it for an 07
    "Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

www.limoservicedenver.com

Quote Originally Posted by DenverLimo View Post
    When i had my 03 Suburban 1500 at about 150k The Hubs went out, the diff started to wine, it would not switch to 4X4, That damn Speaker for onstar kept buzing in my ear. TOTAL NIGHTMARE Traded it for an 07
    You bought all of your cars new. WOW. We bought certified pre-owned.

Does anybody have a 03-06 escalade with feedback.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Is it any coincidence that some agricultural types use the abbreviation GM for Green Manure???
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Is it any coincidence that some agricultural types use the abbreviation GM for Green Manure???
    Just wondering why you would know this.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

I have a friend who is big into urban agriculture and growing organic foods. He spent much time playing with poo and I think he enjoys it a little too much.

I could have sworn he had a picture of him lying down in it, making angels, but this is all I could find. He looks too happy to be around that much poo if you ask me.

Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

That's pretty shitty. HA !!

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    does the tahoe come with air suspension. my esv handles good but ny/nj roads eat up suspensions and tires.
    No I do not believe it does-it is stored at my brother's place. I am not referring to the ride. I am talking about how the steering is "sloppy" and rocks (sways) when changing lanes. Most people that own them that I talk to don't really notice it, but it is obvious if you drive an Explorer or Expedition right after driving a Tahoe or Yukon.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com