Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Limo software?

Which Limo software is best and why?

After months of searching for a software that does it all, I have finally found one.
    This program was designed by an IBM programmer here in Florida with one of the owners of a large Limousine company. They worked together for months on the design. She gave him trip sheets, reservation forms, billing info, accounting problems, commision rates, referral percentages, multi clients for one billed company, individual billed account, Credit Card0 on file, and everything else you can come up with. He took it all and designed a program to do it all. From easy pulldown windows, to all the airlines in the world listings. As an owner myself I know we all do our business a little different. One pays their drivers hourly and another pays percentage. You bill your clients monthly while I bill them weekly or by job. This program is custom designed to your needs without additional cost. I'm only writing this to all my fellow owners because I don't want you to waste months searching for something that you can't find. I was lucky to find this program, my staff loves it and the best part is that an owner like me can learn how to use it too. For more info e-mail me @Limo4Limo@aol.com and I will pass the your info onto the programmer for him to contact you.

Marvin Kessler
    President
    Your Limousine, Inc.

I'm concerned about using software that does not have a reasonable sized client base. This customized program sounds nice, but is he going to be around in 2-3 years to help me if I have a problem.

Has anyone worked with "off the shelf" software that has at least 50+ companies using it?

Roger

I would also like to find out the best software for a small to mid size company. I would also like to know that the programmer or company who sells it will be around for customer support.

------------------
    Brandy Fuller
    Owner S.L.S.

Hey guys! Software email truly found issues are always tough. We have truly found the perfect software with someone responsive to all our needs. It was originally designed fo the small business but we have pushed the designer into a much larger platform (SQL).

The product is called FastTrak. The designer is in Phoenix and will be happy to send or email you a fully working copy of the Windows software.

It really has to be seen to believe! You can view more information at http://fasttrak-software.com or email Eddie McCoy at info@fasttrak-software.com

Sheldon is correct. I met Eddie McCoy a few years back at one of the limo shows and I'll tell you that many in this business could learn a lot about support. He is very involved and always there for you.

FastTrak is a very good product for the smaller operator just starting out, but there are companies of all sizes using it now, with more to come especially since going SQL. As Sheldon says, Eddie is one of the few if any that give you a fully functioning demo (limited to 45 days use - long enough to learn it and even try out the invoicing).

Folks still swear by LimoMagic, but agree at the same time that the support could be much better.

Well, I might as well throw my two cents in the ring. We actually purchased on a trial basis a number of software programs. FastTrak was a very interesting program, but we found it not robust enough. A number of reports didn't print properly, and the major deficiency was that you couldn't put in trip segments. After a lot of trial and error, and keeping in mind that no single program is the "best" for every user, we ended up with Easy Trip for Windows. Although we have to work around some deficiencies (for our purposes), this software is working well for us. I consider myself highly computer literate, and nothing in the $1,000 to $2,000 price range compares with the workability of Easy Trip. Barbara Geller, the publisher, is very supportive and available, and the company has been around quite awhile. The installed user base is substantially larger than 50 companies. If you push her, Barbara will license this program with a 30-day trial so it can be returned if you don't like it. The folks at TripTracker will do the same thing, although we found that that program didn't fit our system well at all. Limoware is a DOS program, as are several other prominent packages, and my only advice is to "avpoid them" at all costs. They are not user friendly and the fact that they haven't been upgraded to a Windows environment speaks volumes about their long-term viability. Start your search for software by eliminating all DOS programs, focus on Windows-based programs, and you will find only a few packages in the $1,000 to $2,500 price range that are good candidates. By the way, I have in the past been impressed with LiveryCoach software, and have heard both very good and very bad reports. The company website seems to have disappeared although the last time I talked to them they claimed to be doing full network (SQL) installations. Does anyone know the fate of this software and have any reports on it from users? The last I discussed it with the company, they were charging upward of $5,000 for a full network installation. The program is very robust with extensive features.

By the way, Sheldon Levin, will you identify yourself by company affiliation so we can have some idea whether your needs are similar to ours.

By the way, the mailbox for Marvin Kessler, limo4limo@aol.com doesn't exist. Does anyone know if Kessler is for real? Anyone heard of his company?

Sheldon Levin is affiliated with Sedans, Inc. in Austin TX. Marvin Kessler is with YourLimousine (yourlimousine.com)? Try yourlimo1@aol.com -- I hope that works as that is the email we have for his account here.

Hey guys! Good to see this becoming such a hot topic. I think software in this industry has really been overlooked by many operators.

BTW..I am Sheldon Levin with Sedans, Incorporated. We serve Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston. In addition, we have arobust network of affiliates that we track everyday through FastTrak. In addition, if it weren't for FastTrak we would not have gotten a major (and I mean major..6 to 7 figures). We went up against LMS, CARS, Limo Magic and we won! Why? Innovation! We were the only tru Windows program, we were responsive (thank you Eddie) to all of their needs for integration...AND!!..and this is the BIG ONE...

INTERNET RESERVATIONS!! Yes..our eRes (or should I say..FastTrak eres system) allowed us to accept reservations direct from this client and input into our system..seamlessly. We are currently testing the system without a hitch.

In addition, as we all request things, Eddie is always there to help us along. Of course, some changes require additional money and we are all willing to pitch in as we go. Never in my experience in the corporate world have I seen this kind of responsiveness.

Way to go Eddie! If anyone wants to hear more from me feel free to call Sedans, Incorporated at (512) 372-9000 or lookup Eddie at http://www.fasttrak-software.com.

Hope this fuels the fire a bit more!!

Oh..Joe..I just read more of your comments on software. Livery Coach: We were Livery Coach users with over $15,000 investment and rising. Although we hung in there, certain drunk factions (which will remain nameless) in New Orleans helped to sink that company. Email me and I will regail you with those stories!

I agree with you..DOS is OUT! LMS, LimoMagic, even CARS - GET A CLUE! Money was no object for our company. We were almost willing to spend $60,000 plus for CARS but chose FastTrak instead!! Any software company that gives you the line "We're Beta testing"..it aint gonna happen. I would LOVE to open up a software company 25 years ago and tout the same code in a newer package. Sign me up.."I WANT TO BE A MILLLIONAIRRRRE!"

Eddie has said consistently that his company has an alliance with an operator that is funding upgrades to FastTrak. In the interest of full disclosure, Sheldon, could that be Sedans, Inc.? If not, who is it?

Actually, Sedans, Inc. has not paid one penny over our initial install yet we have offered to pay for upgrades as others have in his network. The wonderful thing about Eddie is that he listens to us. He knows that a software can only improve at the hands of its users.

So, in the interest of setting the record straight about my allegiance: it is purely due to loving the product!!

Yes, I am aware of another company funding certain aspects of the development! Hey..I would rather have development literally fueled by hungry users willing to invest time AND money! However, 90% of the burden is Eddie's alone.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good software titles and those loyal to their mantra, however FastTrak is truly leading the new revolution in customer satisfaction. As a fellow computer geek (CPM, Unix and Microsoft certified), I CAN appreciate good work when I see it!

Guys, I am looking for a limo / charter software is designed for a company that mainly picks up airport / airline crews. All the soft I have seen required passengers by name, I my case I will only be putting airlines, charter crews etc and will just need to put a schedule. Also, This will require Rates per Company, fully adjustable at time of order. These airlines have set figures they agreed upon and require billing as such. Built in Invoincing is a requirement, and exporting to Quick books would be a plus. I have looked at a few software out there and have not been impressed. Sql back end also a plus, Network multi-user installation required. Please email me if anyone knows of a good software. Thanks jaifue@ix.netcom.com

------------------