Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Licensed Carry Concealed Weapon Anyone Do This?

Member Limo Padawan

Situational awareness and training is the key to everything. As an ex-Army Medic, I am part of Homeland Security Medical Reserve Corps. Through this organization, I have gotten extensive training on security, terrorism and situational awareness. Then I also do special events for my brother who owns a Security firm and have gone through advanced training in security there. I am licensed to carry a concealled weapon and also hold a WTA 1st degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. Hopefully, I can pick and choose those tools to meet the particular situation and keep myself alive and safe. My experience is situational awareness is the key. If at all possible, I don't allow anyone within 20 feet of me without engaging them or re-positioning myself to keep that distance. It's easy enough to walk around the car like your inspecting or something without making it too obvious. Training shows someone can bum rush you from 20 feet away before you can pull a gun from a law enforcement holster and a concealled carry can be a bit slower. Seems like there's a lot more robberies and people flipping out falling on hard times at the moment. I hope to keep safe, but if the sh*t hits the fan, I don't want to be caught with just my D*ck in my hand :-). To Martin's point, I like it better said that guns in the hands of criminals kill people. Gun owners that don't properly secure their weapons and someone gets hurt or killed are criminals also. They are breaking the law with reckless homicide, child endangerment et. Criminals don't buy their guns legally, so any laws taking guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, exercising their 2nd Admendmend Rights, just makes it easy for the criminals because they know they have the upper hand. I remember working in Florida back in the early 90's. Criminals were hitting tourist and people leaving the airport, hyjacking them in their cars at gun point. Once they passes the carry concealed laws, that stuff stopped almost instantly. A little more hesitant not knowing who has a 9mm laying next to them on the seat. Licensed civilians that are required by law to have extensive training and background checks are not a problem. These public killings where someone walks in and starts shooting a bunch of unarmed people probably wish that someone had a carry conceal license and could have minimized the loss of life. I'll get off my soap box now :-). Best regards, Doug
    Last edited by dougt; April 4th, 2009 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dougt View Post
    Situational awareness and training is the key to everything. As an ex-Army Medic, I am part of Homeland Security Medical Reserve Corps. Through this organization, I have gotten extensive training on security, terrorism and situational awareness. Then I also do special events for my brother who owns a Security firm and have gone through advanced training in security there. I am licensed to carry a concealled weapon and also hold a WTA 1st degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. Hopefully, I can pick and choose those tools to meet the particular situation and keep myself alive and safe. My experience is situational awareness is the key. If at all possible, I don't allow anyone within 20 feet of me without engaging them or re-positioning myself to keep that distance. It's easy enough to walk around the car like your inspecting or something without making it too obvious. Training shows someone can bum rush you from 20 feet away before you can pull a gun from a law enforcement holster and a concealled carry can be a bit slower. Seems like there's a lot more robberies and people flipping out falling on hard times at the moment. I hope to keep safe, but if the sh*t hits the fan, I don't want to be caught with just my D*ck in my hand :-). To Martin's point, I like it better said that guns in the hands of criminals kill people. Gun owners that don't properly secure their weapons and someone gets hurt or killed are criminals also. They are breaking the law with reckless homicide, child endangerment et. Criminals don't buy their guns legally, so any laws taking guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, exercising their 2nd Admendmend Rights, just makes it easy for the criminals because they know they have the upper hand. I remember working in Florida back in the early 90's. Criminals were hitting tourist and people leaving the airport, hyjacking them in their cars at gun point. Once they passes the carry concealed laws, that stuff stopped almost instantly. A little more hesitant not knowing who has a 9mm laying next to them on the seat. Licensed civilians that are required by law to have extensive training and background checks are not a problem. These public killings where someone walks in and starts shooting a bunch of unarmed people probably wish that someone had a carry conceal license and could have minimized the loss of life. I'll get off my soap box now :-). Best regards, Doug
    Army Pecker Checker.... good. The Miami carjackings were largely attributed to foreign tourist driving around in cars clearly labeled "rentals". Passing the concealed laws did shit to stem this. In fact, the timeframe doesn't even come close. Car Rental Companies started removing all labeling ID'ing the vehicles as rentals & therefore removing the Tourist Label for the criminal element to target.

A good project is to pull up crimes per capita v. gun laws. One may find that states/cities with more relaxed gun laws have a higher incident of violent crime v. cities with tighter gun laws.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Wink Good gun, bad gun.

There is a good gun and a bad gun, depends on which side of the gun you are standing.

Moshe
    carrying a gun for 33+ years, everyday.
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

This is my weapon

This is my gun

This is for shooting

This is for fun

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.

My rifle is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.

Member Limo Padawan

With all due repect, my car as a businessman was also labeled as a rental. It's just that when 2 German torrist got killed, then it hit the press.
    On a nother note, if you were ever in combat Gunny, you surely didn't hollar "I need a Pecker Checker". Not very respectful, hopefully is was all in fun. I respect your service and hope you do mine. Best regards to a fine Marine. Doug

Blog Entries

I just want to Thank You both for serving,,,People may not say it enough, but THANK YOU!!! Thank You for going where you weren't appreciated,,,,Thank You for your sacrifice...Thank You for leaving our safe lands,,,Thank You for putting up with mud, Snow and blinding Sand...Thank You for looking out for your Buddies,,,and making sure they weren't left behind,,,,Thank You to those that may have lost their limbs and those that lost their minds.....War is never easy it changes boys to men,,,,,I just want to thank you all,,,,I Thank you all Again.....God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by dougt View Post
    With all due repect, my car as a businessman was also labeled as a rental. It's just that when 2 German torrist got killed, then it hit the press.
    On a nother note, if you were ever in combat Gunny, you surely didn't hollar "I need a Pecker Checker". Not very respectful, hopefully is was all in fun. I respect your service and hope you do mine. Best regards to a fine Marine. Doug
    Of course all have the utmost respect for the field "pecker checkers" with Marines adopting FMF Corpsmen as one of their own. In NY we had a corporate account of urologists who all just happened to be former Naval Doctors. Did I have fun breaking their balls as real pecker checkers. Your sensitivity seems to run into the lines of one who does need to be armed to feel safe.

If you got to brag about it...............

Member Limo Padawan

Fair enough Gunny. Sorry to get off thread there. I am also sorry if I semed to brag. I was just trying to show that there are a lot of highly skilled civilians that carry a firearm. I hate braggers too, so again didn't mean to seem like that. All's good, appreciate everyone's nice responses and was just doing my part like my father, brother and generations of others. Best regards, Doug