Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Licensed Carry Concealed Weapon Anyone Do This?

Member Limo Padawan

Default Licensed Carry Concealed Weapon Anyone Do This?

As a relatively new Chauffeur, I live in a state that has Carry Concealed Weapon laws. I am licensed to carry a concealed weapon. I was wondering if anyone in the business carrys to protect yourself when parked in an isolated area? Obviously, everythings in a locked case with additional trigger lock until your waiting somewhere all by yourself where you don't feel comfortable. Limo's draw a lot of attention from good people and bad. Limo's also mean money to the bad guys. Any experience out there on this issue? Best regards, Doug
    Last edited by dougt; March 8th, 2009 at 11:14 AM.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougt View Post
    As a relatively new Chauffeur, I live in a state that has Carry Concealed Weapon laws. I am licensed to carry a concealed weapon. I was wondering if anyone in the business carrys to protect yourself when parked in an isolated area? Obviously, everythings in a locked case with additional trigger lock until your waiting somewhere all by yourself where you don't feel comfortable. Limo's draw a lot of attention from good people and bad. Limo's also mean money to the bad guys. Any experience out there on this issue? Best regards, Doug
    I would imagine your state does not allow you to carry in a commercial vehicle.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Member Limo Padawan

Nothing I can find in the law prohibiting. A large percentage of taxi drivers carry for protection. Also, the Private Web Site for Carry Concealed Questions in my state sees no problems with the issue. A few watchouts at prom pick-up / drop-offs in school zones et. and going into any prohibited places like bars. Otherwise, you can legally transport a firearm in a locked case. Like I tried to be clear, not discussing any thing construed as an armed guard. Just for those cases when your parked downtown, out of site, maybe a little isolated for a couple hours and your protecting yourself and the equipment. Best regards, Doug
    Last edited by dougt; March 8th, 2009 at 12:05 PM.

It gets really shady around the nyc area airports at night. I have been thinking about carrying. I get very worried when my wife goes out on late night runs.
    Last edited by wflimonj; March 8th, 2009 at 12:45 PM.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Member Limo Padawan

That's where I am at. It gets a little shady around Cincinnati downtown area. Parked, you get a lot of attention; homeless, bums, and your normal criminal elements looking for crimes of opportunity. Just wanted to see how others handle it. I am sorry NY is not so friendly to concealed carry. We have to go through so many checks, its a very reliable system here in Ohio. You also have to have significant safety training both handling and using a gun. I do work with Homeland Security too, so my background checks are extensive. I just hate to get hurt or not be able to defend against an attack or potential robbery. From an owners perspective, I was wondering what their position was too. Our company policy does not have any discussion one way or another on the issue. I'll have to approach it with the owner and see what his position is. Best regards, Doug

I see no need to carry as if shit goes down, more than likely one will not see it coming & by time the inexperienced tries to react as their life is flashing before their eyes, it too farking late anyways.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

I have a concealed permit (Texas) and I am not going anywhere without my handgun.

Blog Entries

I carry A Sword...Two Edged.

As the saying goes, "you better get a bigger gun" as there is a new breed hitting the streets:

“I have identified 320 soldiers as gang members from April 2002 to present,” said Scott Barfield, a Defense Department gang detective at Fort Lewis in Washington state. “I think that’s the tip of the iceberg.”

"Of paramount concern is whether gang-affiliated soldiers’ training will make them deadly urban warriors when they return to civilian life and if some are using their access to military equipment to supply gangs at home, said Barfield and other experts."

"We have enough problems with local kids and what they are doing," Lott, the Richland County Sheriff, said. "But to have the Marines – someone who is trained – to come up here and recruit and give them the training they've had in the military, it scares me to death cause it tells me we're at war with these gangs."

"But there was an incident in which a disturbed Marine used his training to kill two policemen. In January, 2005, the Marine, who police say was associated with the Norteno street gang, shot to death two policeman outside a convenience store in Ceres, California. Surveillance video shows him using a technique marines call "cutting the pie" – instead of cowering, he boldly attacks."

Banned

I have a concealed permit here in Indiana. I carry alot, but not all the time. You need to be very careful on prom trips as most state have laws regarding school zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Limo View Post
    .....You need to be very careful on prom trips as most state have laws regarding school zones.
    Good point! Around here there's some static about limos and proms, sure wouldn't want to have a chauffeur show up packin' If that got out, the prom business would be ended!!

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

bump to bury another farking spammer

Member Limo Padawan

All good points. I think it's a case by case basis. I am ex-military, 35 years experience and lots of training. It's like anything else in life, you need to find the right balance, use good judgement and take into account risks to business and any incident even if lawful. I am sure I'll get great information on alot of other topics here, Thanks for having me. Maybe see you on the road if your in Cincy. Best regards, Doug

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

We were told by the DOT officer during our audit that carrying a firearm in a commercial vehicle in Indiana is illegal. This wouldn't be the first time we were given wrong information by a government worker. Driving CDL trucks for the last 14 years I was always told that it was illegal. I am referring to a firearm not locked up.
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; March 8th, 2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added last sentence
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Member Limo Padawan

Yes, to carry legally in a motor vehicle, you have to have it on your person in a holster/belly gun pack or in a locked case. You can't just have a concealled weapon laying under the seat. The best thing to do is to read the Concealled Carry Law at your State Attorney Generals Web Site. Best regards, Doug
    P.S. Gunny, not sure who peed in your Cheerio's, but I am not a spammer. Just new to the business and trying to learn from the polite, professionals on here.
    Last edited by dougt; March 8th, 2009 at 07:28 PM.