Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New and been taken!

Well the mechanic looked at it today. He said it has NOT been under water and the pillars were the culprit. After having it on the rack and then running a diagnostic- here is what he is saying...

it needs to have the a/c checked- it is working fine but he said it is low on freon. Easy fix.. but he needs to dye the lines and find the leak.

he then said that the car runs fine for a good bit then spits out a puff of smoke- he thinks it is something in the fueling of the car since the exhaust puff does not smell of oil but of very rich gas burning off. He did say if it would make me feel better he could replace the valve seals and guides.

He serviced the tranny and said it has been out before- looks like a recent pull but seems to shift fine and oil is clean.

Did put a magnetic plug in the motor and said run it a week or so. He would pull it back out and see if there is any metal.

He also said it might need a new coil pack.? Overall he said the car is in good shape. He did suggest pulling all the fuses and replacing them. He said some have not been replaced on the circuit board behind the front seat since the car was built.

Good news is the underside of the car is clean- and he feels that with a little maint. it will be a good car for me. I trust this guy, and know he would not bullshit me since about $200k is on the line. (if he bs's me I will move my forklift business to somewhere else). So I trust him.. not to mention he is doing it for almost nothing..

Smile Water and Steel Don't Mix

I have to agree with the sell it now crowd and cut your losses. Water in a steel car is trouble. Even if it was only the roof leaking. Hopefully your electronics are safe. I understand you want to get going but you must also try to look at the long haul. Where will you be 1 or 2 years down the road? Good Luck to you no matter what you decide.

PS: Markee was a good guy but didn't think it all the way through.

Blog Entries

Hey Wright way Let me know how you like that car Four Years from now? My opinion may differ from some of these other Brothers here, but I had people in High school harp on me and ask why are I would fix up a particular car that I liked. I listened to my Gut and that car is still parked in my Garage and runs like a top!!! When ever I run into any of those old NAY SAYERS they say, " Do you still have that Monte Carlo"? 28 years later and It runs and looks better than Ever!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ45Limo View Post
    Hey Wright way Let me know how you like that car Four Years from now? My opinion may differ from some of these other Brothers here, but I had people in High school harp on me and ask why are I would fix up a particular car that I liked. I listened to my Gut and that car is still parked in my Garage and runs like a top!!! When ever I run into any of those old NAY SAYERS they say, " Do you still have that Monte Carlo"? 28 years later and It runs and looks better than Ever!!!

He'll be fine, there's a new jackass everyday starting with a far bigger junk heap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

IS THAT YOURS???lol

IS THAT YOURS???lol

No way in hell. it belongs to some guy on the west coast...liftedlimo.com

Blog Entries

I wonder how you get in that thing? Snow wouldn't be a problem 4 sure!! I guess it's one way to make an old body style come alive....I would paint it Candy Apple Green and name it FRANKENLIMO.

Well against all the advice I am going to keep her. I know- I know-- but I look at it this way. I really only bought the car as a tax write off to offset the halloween stores. They do very well so this is a way for me to write down some of those $$$. I dont mind spending a little money on it and get it right- new motor- new tranny- heck new electronics- I will write it off next year. So I am ok with it..

I will post pics of her tomorrow.

You would have loved my mercedes SL600. It was a money pit.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by wrightway limo View Post
    Well against all the advice I am going to keep her. I know- I know-- but I look at it this way. I really only bought the car as a tax write off to offset the halloween stores. They do very well so this is a way for me to write down some of those $$$. I dont mind spending a little money on it and get it right- new motor- new tranny- heck new electronics- I will write it off next year. So I am ok with it..

I will post pics of her tomorrow.
    Donating some money to charity is also a tax write-off and you probably would feel better about your investment. It isn't going to break down and make you mad either.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Donating some money to charity is also a tax write-off and you probably would feel better about your investment. It isn't going to break down and make you mad either.

actually there is a cap on how much you can deduct for donations. Believe me- I utilize the hell out of a schedule c. With several stores you learn how to or give a rather large portion back to uncle sam.

as for the mercedes- those things are shit from the word go. I owned a 500SEL and had nothing but problems with that car and was extremely limited on people who knew enough about them to fix them.

Blog Entries

had an 88 I remember a Brake Job costing some where in the vacinity of $400.00 Dollars.

had an 88 I remember a Brake Job costing some where in the vacinity of $400.00 Dollars.
    Hey at least you found someone to do it. Closest guy to work on mine was 2 hours away. I ended up having my boat mechanic who worked at a Mercedes dealership for 12 years and now worked on Volvo's fixing it. He still does all the repairs on my boat and is one sharp fella.