Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser show / FOG Machine...

Blog Entries

Default Laser show / FOG Machine...

For those of you that use a laser show or fog machine in your vehicles, do you ever have complaints about eye problems or anything? I have already purchased a fog machine for my bus and I'm thinking of dropping the 300 bucks for a huge laser show unit.

Any comments or suggestions? I haven't seen this talked about on the forum before.

Blog Entries

You just might get sued for making someone go Blind. You just never know now a days.

Blog Entries

I am thinking hard about placement of the laser unit, I want the effect of it but don't want it glaring right in the face of clients. Maybe just shoot in across the floor for effect through the fog.

As for the fog machine, I did purchase a second controller that has a timer control. This unit will control the fog machine so it doesn't flood the bus with way too much smoke, it will just take a few experiments to find the proper setting.

Just an idea from reading this thread.

Is it possible to mount the laser unit in or on the ceiling, and have it face directly down towards the floor???
    Have it mounted in the center of the bus, or have 2 units mounted 2 to 3 feet from center of bus length.
    This way the client only goes "blind" if they look up directly into the laser module.
    I would also suggest, if mounting on the ceiling, a protective safety cover to keep unit from getting ripped of the ceiling by an intoxicated client.

Just an idea......
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

Blog Entries

Well, I just bought three units (I always go over-board with toys). I purchased a red unit, a green unit and a green/red/yellow unit. I plan to add the red and green up high shooting across the ceiling and the RGY unit low shooting across the floor. This along with the fog machine should be pretty wicked... and keep my bus as being as-advertised, "Dayton's WILDEST Party Bus".

I'm gonna flood this sucker with lasers.

PS: I just received my Karaoke machine and 35 CDG set today... to be installed shortly.

I bought one of those Laser Widows from MTG with the intention of trying it out in one of my stretches, but since I only have LTC 120s, I could not find a spot to mount it where a client could not look directly into it.

With all the retinal damage labels on it, I just lost my nerve, fearing an injured client and subsequent lawsuit.

You have many more options with a bus for safe mounting points. I have a buddy with a Escalade 200 equipped with fog and lasers, and a disco floor. I have to admit it is mesmerizing when all the lighting toys are fired up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Well, I just bought three units (I always go over-board with toys). I purchased a red unit, a green unit and a green/red/yellow unit. I plan to add the red and green up high shooting across the ceiling and the RGY unit low shooting across the floor. This along with the fog machine should be pretty wicked... and keep my bus as being as-advertised, "Dayton's WILDEST Party Bus".

I'm gonna flood this sucker with lasers.

PS: I just received my Karaoke machine and 35 CDG set today... to be installed shortly.
    Have you had any concern with the fog machine "dirtying" up your bus? I was contemplating buying one but was told that it will leave sticky residue EVERYWHERE and also the fog stinks! Kept me from buying but did buy a few dj style light units to be mounted, but agree with you that I think the effect will be much better with the fog.

Blog Entries

Oh yea, our laser is mounted on the back corner wall pointed up at an angle to the ceiling. Looks pretty good and gets much compliments. I wanted to get another one and mount it directly opposite in a different color.

Blog Entries

You could always provide your clients with protective eye wear........
    I don't know what I am talking about....Just ignore me I am not in my right mind tonight. Good luck with all that Digger I know you will make it work, you are going to start giving the night clubs in your area competition.

Senior Member Limo Padawan The Leader's Avatar

You should be able to adjust the laser so it has a broad aim and isn't too focused on the one spot.

I wonder if anyone has had a client have an epileptic seizure due to all these lights?! I think they are great, but I cannot imagine being as drunk as some clients get around them! I can't wait to see the pics Digger!
    Lenora Bowman

Johnny B's Limousine Service
    Charlotte, NC
    We have the only Pink Escalade Limo in the Carolinas!
    www.limojohnny.com

....put to many lasers in your party-bus and people might start to mis-take it for a UFO.....LOL.

a very "pimped out" UFO
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

Senior Member Limo Padawan Jazzy Girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by limojohnny View Post
    I wonder if anyone has had a client have an epileptic seizure due to all these lights?! I think they are great, but I cannot imagine being as drunk as some clients get around them! I can't wait to see the pics Digger!
    Maybe a rider within your contract to protect yourself wouldn't be a bad idea. Try to aim them so they go off the mirrors or ceiling in your bus so that a little light will go a long way traveling from surface to surface.

Banned

Digger,
    I have used fog machines and lasers for about 5 years in my SUV's. The lasers are mounted high and directed toward the floor. Fog machine is mounted in toward the rear. I also use the remote timer. This really helps. Never had any complaints. If it bothers someone they have always said something and we shut them off and do use them the rest of the night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Limo View Post
    Digger,
    I have used fog machines and lasers for about 5 years in my SUV's. The lasers are mounted high and directed toward the floor. Fog machine is mounted in toward the rear. I also use the remote timer. This really helps. Never had any complaints. If it bothers someone they have always said something and we shut them off and do use them the rest of the night.
    Gary, any issues with smell? Is there any extra work in cleaning after using the fog machine?