Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White wall tires

Default White wall tires

I am wanting to put a new set of tires on my 96 LTC 120.
    The GVWR is 7102 lbs
    The front is 3604
    The rear is 3542.

From previous postings on this website I've read that Michelin Symetry extra load is the best to go with and it did come in a white wall.

I just talked with a Michelin rep and they no longer make the Symetry in the size I need.

I'm looking for a comperable tire that is white wall in either
    P235/75 R15 or P225/75 R15.

Any suggestions or recommendations will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Honestly it sounds like you are still running the factory size wheels from 1996. My suggestion is to upgrade to a newer style LTC wheel that uses 16" tires. This improves the look of the limo, making it appear a little more up-to-date. On the 1990 - 1997 LTC's I always updated to the 16" wheels and loved the look of it.

These days 16" tires are about the same price as 15". 16" are now the standard size tires out there and are the easiest to find.

Here are some pics of my old 1991 100" and 1996 120" with the newer style wheels on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

You might want to try looking on the web Tire rack has a huge selection and delivers. I have found them to be reasonable when it comes to price. You will just have to find a local shop to Mount and Balance them for you. As digger has said you could upgrade to a 16" but make sure your springs aren't weak and sagging, you potentially could cut the tires with the front wheel wells when turning corners...Good Luck

Senior Member Limo Padawan Jazzy Girl's Avatar

If you can afford to upgrade, today's Lincoln's come with standard P245/60R17 tires on them. I don't know how far you are from Bensenville, IL, but one of my old dealers is located there and can probably get you the newer rims cheaper and I believe they can mount and install them for you.

Call Kelly Sales & Consulting in Bensenville, IL
    (630) 787-0170
    505 Industrial Dr.
    Bensenville, IL 60106

Hope this helps.

I hate white walls! They are so hard to keep clean. With blacks out you can spray armorall and call it a day
    "Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

www.limoservicedenver.com

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DenverLimo View Post
    I hate white walls! They are so hard to keep clean. With blacks out you can spray armorall and call it a day
    I think the thin whitewalls add class to certain models-others look good all black.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Comet works well.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

4 sure on the white walls and just black. I think it really depends on the rims, I do believe that is what makes the choice for you. Wesleys White wall Cleaner spray on.. Brass Wire brush..and rinse or just wipe off. Or just a good old SOS pad if you don't mind the BLUE GOO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ45Limo View Post
    You might want to try looking on the web Tire rack has a huge selection and delivers. I have found them to be reasonable when it comes to price. You will just have to find a local shop to Mount and Balance them for you. As digger has said you could upgrade to a 16" but make sure your springs aren't weak and sagging, you potentially could cut the tires with the front wheel wells when turning corners...Good Luck

I second the recommendation for Tire Rack; I have saved BIG bucks there, even given the fact that I have to pay for mounting etc at a local shop.

WD 40 on the white walls and you are set! Just dont get it on your brakes

Do any of the newer limos even have white walls? What are some "cool rims" for todays limos? I have aquired a 95 LTC 120" and want to spice it up and make it look newer. I don not have a business and just use it to horse around in. I already ordered some led opera lights. The white walls look classy but they date the limo if none of the newer ones have them. Thanks, Pat

beach white work very well

Quote Originally Posted by peorialimo View Post
    Do any of the newer limos even have white walls?
    My 08 came with white walls and all the newer Lincolns come with whitewalls. I think upgrating your wheels to the newer Lincoln ones will help update the look.

i only use white walls i think they look more classic on a limo to me i hate white walls on regular cars but on limos i feel it is almost a must for the cars

Senior Member Limo Padawan The Leader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hollisterhottie850 View Post
    i only use white walls i think they look more classic on a limo to me i hate white walls on regular cars but on limos i feel it is almost a must for the cars

Welcome to the Limo forum hollisterhottie850!