Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to price a limo package????

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Metcalf View Post
    Just advertise that you have a package and call for pricing. If the advertised price is too high, (which I think you are for an '05 Limo) they will just not call you.

Next the "cut throat Guy" across town will under cut you every time. You need to get them on the phone to negotiate the deal. Some will pay anything but most will try to get you to lower the price.

As far as the tip goes, do not include it with the price. Add language that a 15 or 20 percent gratuity is customary. It is the possibility that a Chauffeur may not get a tip is what makes a good Chauffeur. If he knows he is getting the tip, then why try to earn it.

P.S. I still prefer a Motor Coach or Limo Coach to a Limo anytime. I just hate to see the little old Ladies having to crawl up the floor and then have to bend over to get out. It is so much more elegant to just step off the steps. Just my opinion.
    His rates are right on-we are getting $100/hour w/o tip for our 120" without a problem. The only thing might be the extra hour for prep. As far as packages I would include the tip because with packages they are assuming everything is included.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

It's a positive step that you are asking the opinion of limousine operators in various markets for their thoughts. But you must remember this is the internet, not a 20 group. In a 20 group you are set up with successful individuals in the same business. Unfortunately, with the internet you may be getting "advice" from those with even less experience. In fact, at least one of the posters giving you financial advice actually closed his limousine business. So please take some grains of salt with the advice; while it all may be good intentioned some might be from profitable and successful operators and other advice (that sounds equally as valid) might be from business failures.
    Rick E.
    City Limousine Sales
    √XTS Livery Sedans√Escalade ESV Livery Package SUV's√Lincoln & Cadillac Limousines & Funeral Coaches by Federal Coach√GMC Professional Grade SUV's & 15 Passenger Vans√Cadillac & Buick Passenger Cars, Crossovers, and SUV's.

~Stupidity might be hereditary, but ignorance should be painful!~

www.citylimosales.com

Blog Entries

I am probably the Guy that Rick E. is refering to who has closed the limo business. Very true because I made a few mistakes along the way, one was not getting into the Bus business from the "Git Go".

In my area, Limos just do not "cut it". Bigger and cheaper is better. In fact There were two of us who went into business about the same time in the same area. I went into the Limo business and a friend of mine bought a 30 Pax Bus. I am out of the Limo business and working part time for her now as she has 3 buses on the road.

Like Rick said, take each bit of advice with a grain of salt. What ever works for you go for it. Just because some one has been in business for a long time can also mean they are just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and have not had any one compete with them. If you can get that kind of money for a 120 great. It just cannot happen where I live.

I knew somebody was going to call Fusion on the cost of pop. I am going to weigh in bu saying this. First of all, if you are going to create a package that you market on your website, flyers, newsletters, commercials - whatever - it is a package you should be prepared to offer 24/7. Forget about slow times! You will do nothing but piss people off who see this great package and find they can't take it when they want.

Dean referred you to my site for packages I offer and I have done seminars at both the Atlantic City show and Las vegas show on developing packages. You cannot add up all the goodies and through a price on it as you have no value. People want to feel like it is a good deal. You are on the right track about cutting fees to make it look good but don't just cut your fees. Go to the museum's marketing director and ask about buying discount tickets or two for one in exchanfge for marketing this package within your company and to your "affluent clients". The museum wants people to visit just as you want people to charter.

For get about what you "normally get" on an hourly charter. This is not an hourly charter. Don't try to put the square peg in a round hole! Instead, have a fee for "additional hours" such as $80 per hour. Hope to hell they have so much fun at the museum that you pickup extra bucks on the overtime.

Breakdown your actual costs for the trip including wages, payroll overhead, fuel, museum tickets etc. and then add 30% to 50% profit margin and play with the numbers until it feels right.

By the way, I do have that spreadsheet that you want. PM your e-mail addy or post it here and I will e-mail you the spreadsheet. It allows you to play with every single aspect of a trip from oil changes and tire replacement caused by a single trip to fuel, wages and beverages supplied.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Jim,

My reference to packages during "slow periods" is to offer that package on tuesdays and slower days and times for a lower price. The package should still be offered on Saturdays or whatever their busy day is but either at the same price or higher depending on if the operator thinks he can get the higher price on busier days based on what % of cars are normally rented on those days.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

I did understand what you were saying. It just isn't how I do it. It is a personal thing. Since I have seven people on phones, I need them to know the price of the Romantic Package instantly. I don't want them to have to lookup Friday and then Tuesday. Likewise, I want the consumer to be able to go to my website, see the price and book when they want for THAT price. I don't sweat a small loss on one vehicle on a Saturday night that was out on a package. I just view it as a cost of business. Kind of like a frequent flyer using up a seat on a plane without paying for a ticket. It is just business.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Mr. Luff,

My e-mail is FUSIONLIMOS@GMAIL.COM

I have attended your seminars at Vegas in '07 and '08 and they are very worth attending. I appreciate any help you offer here and in any other threads.

I am open to receiving any other forms that people may feel like sending in order to help me step up to the next level in my business. I of course would not use any forms word for word, I would use them as examples to create my own individual similar form.

Thanks again to all.
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    I did understand what you were saying. It just isn't how I do it. It is a personal thing. Since I have seven people on phones, I need them to know the price of the Romantic Package instantly. I don't want them to have to lookup Friday and then Tuesday. Likewise, I want the consumer to be able to go to my website, see the price and book when they want for THAT price. I don't sweat a small loss on one vehicle on a Saturday night that was out on a package. I just view it as a cost of business. Kind of like a frequent flyer using up a seat on a plane without paying for a ticket. It is just business.
    Well lets not talk about the small loss on a Friday or Saturday , but let me ask about your Sunday through thursday night runs, they're probably alot less compared to Fri and Saturday so why not offer an additional $200 off (for example) to a customer to rent on those days its a win win for you and the customer. You get to send out cars on a much slower day and they might get to rent a limo package they otherwise couldnt afford or didnt want to spend that much. Wouldnt that be a good idea? Or a coupon or gift certificate for $100 off sun - thursday to addon to any package?
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    Well lets not talk about the small loss on a Friday or Saturday , but let me ask about your Sunday through thursday night runs, they're probably alot less compared to Fri and Saturday so why not offer an additional $200 off (for example) to a customer to rent on those days its a win win for you and the customer. You get to send out cars on a much slower day and they might get to rent a limo package they otherwise couldnt afford or didnt want to spend that much. Wouldnt that be a good idea? Or a coupon or gift certificate for $100 off sun - thursday to addon to any package?
    The trick is to market your package as an awesome deal. I mean an AWESOME DEAL!! If you do that, then you won't need to drop your rates during the week. Your weekends will be booked with the packages first, then if someone wants that package, they will have to choose a weekday to use that package.

Again, make the package look like an AWESOME deal all the way around and you won't need to lower the rates for it during the week.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

Smile museum trip?

In south Florida $ 110 per hour for a ten pack people usually get free soda and water and ice, 3 hours minimum and enywhere they want to go within tri county Miami,Broward and Palm Beach area. Including driver's gratuity no extra for stand by or waiting etc, 3 hour job from time of pick up to the time of drop of. If you get the amount of money tou said you will god bless you and the clients you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion Limos View Post
    My hourly rate for my 2005 ECB Black LTC 10 passenger is $110/hr without gratuity.
    Do you get many bookings at that rate? we charge 80-90/hr for our 10 pax

I have been booking at this rate, but some people say they can get a better "cheaper" price somewhere else. I state they are free to choose who they spend their money with but they may or may not get the same level of service and cleanliness of limo. In this economy I believe they are just playing the bluffing game to get people to lower their price. As mentioned in other threads, veterans state to stay at your prices and not to budge to much. I do lower my original quote if its with-in reason or a new client that I want to try an earn business from.

I am new and still learning, so don't take anything I say as correct procedure or rock-solid advice.
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion Limos View Post
    I have been booking at this rate, but some people say they can get a better "cheaper" price somewhere else. I state they are free to choose who they spend their money with but they may or may not get the same level of service and cleanliness of limo. In this economy I believe they are just playing the bluffing game to get people to lower their price. As mentioned in other threads, veterans state to stay at your prices and not to budge to much. I do lower my original quote if its with-in reason or a new client that I want to try an earn business from.

I am new and still learning, so don't take anything I say as correct procedure or rock-solid advice.
    We are $100/hour w/o tip just over the state border. One of our competitors is down to $80-they are also gaining a reputation that I would not want.
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; February 24th, 2009 at 07:01 AM.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    In south Florida $ 110 per hour for a ten pack people usually get free soda and water and ice, 3 hours minimum and enywhere they want to go within tri county Miami,Broward and Palm Beach area. Including driver's gratuity no extra for stand by or waiting etc, 3 hour job from time of pick up to the time of drop of. If you get the amount of money tou said you will god bless you and the clients you have.
    Amusing! Are you implying that it is some kind of bonus to have free sodas, water and ice? I get $90/hr. + for a ten pack. No limousine would ever leave my garage without the STANDARD amenities of ice, soft drinks and bottled water. Likewise, they include a bottle of cider or champagne (clients choice) and a stocked bar with gin, vodka, seagram 7.

Of course they can go anywhere they want. They are paying for the car. There are no limitations of county areas etc.

No extra for standby? Is this considered another gift???? I mean, if they are paying $90/hour who cares how long they are in a restaurant, bar, museum or brothel. I don't get it.

My goal is to deliver Ritz Carlton service, American Airlines First Class Service etc. You must meet expectations of the demanding. We are in the luxury transportation industry. Deliver beyond expectations. If they don't say WOW when they get in, you're not doing it right!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA

Smile Good operations

Don't ever be like the others-GOOD OPERATIONS WILL MAKE YOU NUMBER ONE. THAT IS THE BASIS OF ALL MY COLUMNS FOR TWENTY FOUR YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Amusing! Are you implying that it is some kind of bonus to have free sodas, water and ice? I get $90/hr. + for a ten pack. No limousine would ever leave my garage without the STANDARD amenities of ice, soft drinks and bottled water. Likewise, they include a bottle of cider or champagne (clients choice) and a stocked bar with gin, vodka, seagram 7.

Of course they can go anywhere they want. They are paying for the car. There are no limitations of county areas etc.

No extra for standby? Is this considered another gift???? I mean, if they are paying $90/hour who cares how long they are in a restaurant, bar, museum or brothel. I don't get it.

My goal is to deliver Ritz Carlton service, American Airlines First Class Service etc. You must meet expectations of the demanding. We are in the luxury transportation industry. Deliver beyond expectations. If they don't say WOW when they get in, you're not doing it right!
    Dean Schuler