Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clicking Towncars

Default Clicking Towncars

lately i have been hearing alot of towncars riding buy clicking. its very weird noise and it seems to stop once the brakes are applied. anybody experience this or have a LTC that clicks.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

I have know of at least 3 cars that do this...all the newer body style (2003+)...and all the clicking is coming from the rear. Checking them out and seeing that the rear end is just fine and the axles are in good shape, it appears that it is just the pads moving slightly against warped rotors that causes the clicking sound. At least that is the only thing I have been able to conclude.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

hmm i know my ltc need rear brakes but the squealing went away i will check next time i am at lincoln because boy it is annoying and unprofessional.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

My 07 Cadillac DTS was making weird noises when I'd brake and the dealer gave me a whole new braking system under warranty(supposedly a recall on the brakes). Call Lincoln and ask about it. Maybe theres a recall.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Has anyone found this clicking noise ?? Our sedan is doing it and driving me nuts trying to find it. Last night I serviced the diff , did a tire rotation and balance and removed the rear brakes to check the clips and lube the slides but it is still there... There is nothing worse than driving threw the commercial tunnel at M.C.O. and the only sound is the echo of a clicking sedan. AhhGGGG.... Today I am putting new rotors on the rear. I will update tonight.

Default Maryland sedan service.

If you have rear disc brakes the clicking can be your pads or brake slides.

For pads add http://www.amazon.com/CRC-Disc-Brake.../dp/B0007N1ZPO this product on the back. If its your slides you can buy a new hardware kit for under $10 at autozone.

Blog Entries

OK ,we can finally put this thread to rest. The noise was the e brake shoes inside the rear rotors. When I removed the rear rotors the broken pieces of the e brake shoes fell out. New shoes and rotors. No more CLICK !!!!

Had the same thing happen on my limo recently.. Was 80 miles from shop when it started and had customers, was so scared the front end was going to fall apart with customers in the car. Mechanic took it apart the next morning and sure enough, the brake assembly had fallen off and was banging against the wheel.
    John Doggett
    Chauffeur

Problem fixed thats good. Brake shoes and drums / Brake pads and rotors. Just a little note.

Blog Entries

You should read my post again. I know pads / rotors and shoes/ Drums. I am an ASE tech for 15 years. The rear DISC brakes have e brake shoes inside the rear rotors for just the e brake . The actual brakes are the pads , rotors and calipers.

Default Shuttle & Sedan In Baltimore

Funny ASE 15 years. You didn't find the problem in your first post. Second I never let my brakes get to that point at all. Never. Every 3000 miles my brakes get checked with me oil change and me tire rotation. I'm glad you changed your brakes. Since you asked me to read your post and I now have, if you have 15 years in fixing brakes why post in the first place and since you didn't find the problem the first time would lead me to think your not thorough, making my 13 1/2 years........

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Limo-Service View Post
    Funny ASE 15 years. You didn't find the problem in your first post. Second I never let my brakes get to that point at all. Never. Every 3000 miles my brakes get checked with me oil change and me tire rotation. I'm glad you changed your brakes. Since you asked me to read your post and I now have, if you have 15 years in fixing brakes why post in the first place and since you didn't find the problem the first time would lead me to think your not thorough, making my 13 1/2 years........
    This is the second time you have posted with attitude. You have no clue what you are talking about! E brake = emergency brake - separate part of the brakes. Ebrake has shoe while the rest of the rear brake has rotors and pads.
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; February 3rd, 2010 at 07:21 AM.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Limo-Service View Post
    All our vehicles are in the shop every week for complete check overs. This however is a seperate problem, that is now fixed. The worst tech in the world is the 1 that is afraid to ask for help. Being a person that claims to know it all will get you no were in life. In 4 years knock on wood we have yet to have 1 single problem with any of our vehicles, so I would say Im pretty Thorough...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    All our vehicles are in the shop every week for complete check overs. This however is a seperate problem, that is now fixed. The worst tech in the world is the 1 that is afraid to ask for help. Being a person that claims to know it all will get you no were in life. In 4 years knock on wood we have yet to have 1 single problem with any of our vehicles, so I would say Im pretty Thorough...
    I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    This is the second time you have posted with attitude. You have no clue what you are talking about! E brake = emergency brake - separate part of the brakes. Ebrake has shoe while the rest of the rear brake has rotors and pads.
    Cedarmill act like a grown-up.