Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tv

Smile Staying Up to Date

Staying Up to Date always means more bookings...... and long term success !

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Thank you.
    Dean Schuler

Senior Member Limo Padawan limo bill's Avatar

Same thing here. Just want to upgrade T.V.
    Last edited by limo bill; February 11th, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
    " Luck is when preparation & opportunity come together "

you can buy 13-15 inch flat screen tvs at walmart, some are actually desktop monitors but will still play dvd (not sure about over the air TV) for $130-$150. You probably could goto your local best buy and all those places and find them cheap
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Just looking to replace the stock TV that came with our 00 Krystal 120". It is raining hard outside-I will get the dimensions a little later. 99% of our AP runs are over 1 hour one way. A lot of our clients do use it. And it would make the inside look more up to date.
    That looks just like the inside of my stretch, and I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Should be pretty simple, I was thinking of just buying a regular Flat screen and getting an inverter. Most of the car LCDs are highly overpriced when you compare them to regular LCDs

Because i also own a stereo shop, we specialize in audio/video upgrades. I can supply you with just about anything you need. We have all name brands available. Let me know if you are still having trouble finding what you need.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

I appreciate all the help. I will talk it over with my partner and figure out what we are going to do.

Thank you all!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    you can buy 13-15 inch flat screen tvs at walmart, some are actually desktop monitors but will still play dvd (not sure about over the air TV) for $130-$150. You probably could goto your local best buy and all those places and find them cheap
    That's what I was thinking, but my stereo installation place told me it had to be a TV made for a car. I'm no expert(barely an amateur actually), but it just seems like common sense that a monitor or regular TV would work in a limo with a power inverter. Any audio techie guys out there know for sure?
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Go to Car Toys I did my limos there it was like $600 for everything.
    "Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

www.limoservicedenver.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but my stereo installation place told me it had to be a TV made for a car. I'm no expert(barely an amateur actually), but it just seems like common sense that a monitor or regular TV would work in a limo with a power inverter. Any audio techie guys out there know for sure?
    Go with LCD screens though. Plasmas won't stand up to the bumps of the roads and will crack easily...and ruining your event.
    Last edited by BLVD Limo; February 15th, 2009 at 09:59 AM.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Default 12 Volt TV at Target

We ran across a 12 Volt Color TV at Target. It is not a large one, (7 “ ?) however, it is perfect for a small replacement. Also, there is a 12 Volt Digital TV Converter on the Internet for about $45.00.

This may be a solution; we are going to try one for our van.

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Go with LCD screens though. Plasmas won't stand up to the bumps of the roads and will crack easily...and ruining your event.
    I'll definately get lCD's. I'd like to get 2 15" or 17" and maybe 2 7". I don't care about TV channels at all, I just want to be able to hook the DVD player up and have the wiring work in the limo.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Yeah...that was supposed to be "investment" instead of event. That is what you get for talking on the phone while writing a post.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Member Limo Padawan

Diane Can you give the Internet address? I have been looking for a 12 volt unit and can't find one. Did not want to use an inverter unless I have too.

Blog Entries

Don't be scared on using power inverters, they are much better than the old days and are not complicated to use at all. I have at least one in every car and I have two in the party bus.