Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tv

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Default tv

So I did a search and could not find anything on this subject under a year old. Anyone know of anywhere to buy LCD tv's other than Crutchfield, II, or MTG. Very limited options at these 3. I see II has DTV converter boxes and I would love to update the TV.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Member Limo Padawan Jet Set Limo's Avatar

You might try:

http://www.jr.com
    http://www.pyleaudio.com

I'll come up with some more later, gotta go out

I should probably check out J & R myself some more, looks like they had some I was looking for...
    Check out my YouTube channel for some LCT 2008 & 2009 show video!

The start of our website Jet Set Limousines! In Arizona, Serving the Valley Of The Sun

Am I mistaken or are the ones on J&R's site for home? Pyle's site said there was none available. I know a lot of you say you don't even use your tv's in your limos-want to sell me yours?
    Rich Rottier

Blog Entries

I installed a 32" HD-Digital TV in the bus, it's a standard home TV with a power inverter and it works great. I paid $400 for it at HHGregg.

The H2 Hummer has 2 13" TV's but I plan to install a DTV converter shortly to keep up with the times. In the H2 and the bus some people do wish to watch TV.

In my Lincolns I plan to leave them alone since no one ever asks to watch TV. I will leave them with the fireplace/waterfall/aquarium DVD's and roll'em.

If you get enough call for actual TV use just look at TV's at Walmart, some will already work on 12 volt but power inverters are cheap and easy if they require 110 volt.

Ebay is where I purchased the smaller units for the Lincoln limousines.

These days there really isn't any difference between a home TV and a car TV.

+1 on what Digger says

Maybe you can give us some more info on what exactly you're looking for? Do you have a space to fill? What size is it? What size TV/monitor were you looking for? You can use a home TV in the car w/a power inverter.

The thing I'm trying to figure out and did a small test with a DTV converter box. I hooked everything up, it worked fine -standing still-. A couple seconds after you move, the picture freezes & you loose the signal. Guess I need to find out what type of antenna is necessary for digital TV mobile operation.

The start of our website Jet Set Limousines! In Arizona, Serving the Valley Of The Sun

Blog Entries

I purchased a cheap $30 DTV antenna from Walmart, it works great for DTV TV's.

My experiment was hooking this up in the car and using a DTV antenna that was sitting on the back shelf/package tray. It worked fine -standing still-. It would not work if car was moving more than .5 mph. You're saying the antenna you bought from Walmart works while you're in motion?

whats a dtv antenna.

any of you guys run the tracvision satellite tv in there limo.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

DTV is what the world is getting ready to change to, "Digital Television". Soon there will be no more analog broadcasts from local TV stations and if you are not digital your TV will get no stations at all.

A DTV antenna will NOT allow your standard TV to receive digital stations. This antenna ONLY enhances DTV on a DTV-ready television. So, your standard limo TV is never going to receive the new DTV broadcast, ever, without a DTV converter box.

JetSet, the antenna doesn't make the reception perfect, it will still drop TV stations while in-motion but less than half of the time than it did without the DTV antenna.

Digital TeleVison antenna

Would be nice to have a TracVision, too spendy tho. Unless size and price have come down since I last looked, it wouldn't look right on a Town Car limousine. Looks ok though on an SUV or bus tho. At the same time, I'd say that you really don't want people or your chauffeur just hanging out in the car watching sat TV lol

Digger: hmmmmm, what antenna did you get then? The one I tried didn't work while in motion. That's what I'd say the problem is for mobile use. Not having a good antenna.

Blog Entries

I'll have to check later but it's a square White plate-looking thing and it's less than .75 inches thick. I hung it on the wall above the driver's head.

Default T v

go to any truck stop. The larger ones should carry the hdtv if they are available. ALso a truck dealer like Navistar, KW ,and Peterbuilt ,might be able to help. If a guy pays 150,000. for a truck it will have all of the modern urgrades. Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set Limo View Post
    Maybe you can give us some more info on what exactly you're looking for? Do you have a space to fill? What size is it? What size TV/monitor were you looking for? You can use a home TV in the car w/a power inverter.
    Just looking to replace the stock TV that came with our 00 Krystal 120". It is raining hard outside-I will get the dimensions a little later. 99% of our AP runs are over 1 hour one way. A lot of our clients do use it. And it would make the inside look more up to date.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rich Rottier

Senior Member Limo Padawan Jazzy Girl's Avatar

You could replace that 9" TV with a 15" LCD monitor from Car-Fi. We use them for all of our LCD's, Radio's, DVD's or specialty electronics for our customers. You can reach them at (417) 882-5511 or sales@car-fi.com. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Girl View Post
    You could replace that 9" TV with a 15" LCD monitor from Car-Fi. We use them for all of our LCD's, Radio's, DVD's or specialty electronics for our customers. You can reach them at (417) 882-5511 or sales@car-fi.com. Hope this helps
    Thank you.
    Rich Rottier