Thread: advertising campaigns

Post advertising campaigns

Hey Gus out there it is good that we have people like you so we can discuss or shear old and new experience, here is my question if you are paying someone to bring you new clients through advertisement campaign, how long you should wait to see results (online campaign), then what should you do, start calling the person in charge of your campaign, by the way if " yes local" call you reject them, you will do a better job by doing your own campaign on google and yahoo, you will save a lot of money, they are a waist. YES LOCAL is the company name.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar david View Post
    Hey Gus out there it is good that we have people like you so we can discuss or shear old and new experience, here is my question if you are paying someone to bring you new clients through advertisement campaign, how long you should wait to see results (online campaign), then what should you do, start calling the person in charge of your campaign, by the way if " yes local" call you reject them, you will do a better job by doing your own campaign on google and yahoo, you will save a lot of money, they are a waist. YES LOCAL is the company name.
    Dear Oscar,

My name is Doug Patterson. I am with a company called LiveryAdmin.com (www.liveryadmin.com). We cater to small to medium sized operators nationally. Please take a look at our website for more information and overview of what we do.

In regards to your above concerns, I think you should take some time and give us a call. We can give you some answers and information that may help you.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards,

Douglas Patterson

Office 919-278-7749
    Email - dpatterson@liveryadmin.com

i used to use yodle.com and i was happy but i didnt get the return for the price per month. most were out of area looking for the cheapest rates.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Oscar, if by "Local", you mean a company by the name of "E Local Listings", stay away. E Local Listings is a joke. They are liars and thieves and a big scam. Normally I wouldn't say things like this on the internet because of the possibility of libel, but since it is true I have no problem.

I can't tell you how many BS calls I get per week from someone trying to promise me the top 3 position on Google, MSN, and Yahoo for less than $200/month. These people are evil(at least the companies are).
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

I am finally at the point that when someone asks for the owner, person in charge of marketing/advertising, or there is that 5 second delay as someone in India or God knows where gets on the line, I just hang up, I am so sick and tired of it.

I agree with GL. Stay away from E local.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    I am finally at the point that when someone asks for the owner, person in charge of marketing/advertising, or there is that 5 second delay as someone in India or God knows where gets on the line, I just hang up, I am so sick and tired of it.
    Just tell them that you cannot transfer them to a position but to a person. If they don't have the name of the person that they wish to be transferred to, they get all flustered, apologize and hang up. I did have one guy though that responded with "Look man, I'm just trying to sell some pens." Since I am the only person in my company, if you don't know who I am or take the time to learn who I am, I do not wish to do business with you. We all spend time looking for a specific point of contact when we are trying to secure new business, why can't these bottom-feeders do the same?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

We just hang up. Something that has worked for us that we started doing is blocking any callers who block their caller ID's, which is most telemarketers. It is called Anonymous call rejection. This filters most telemarketers out.

Also don't fall for the "we are calling to verify your yellow pages listing". IT IS A SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    We just hang up. Something that has worked for us that we started doing is blocking any callers who block their caller ID's, which is most telemarketers. It is called Anonymous call rejection. This filters most telemarketers out.

Also don't fall for the "we are calling to verify your yellow pages listing". IT IS A SCAM!
    Yeah, those people suck. You try and be polite and answer a few questions and then they don't let you go. I used to think they were identity theft people, because they would start asking you to verify all your info. I ask them to send me something in the mail and if it comes back, it must be a bad address. Hanging up is quick and easy, but it's rude and you might get someone calling you back even more.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Blog Entries

When they call and ask for "the person in charge of..." I always tell them that Mike isn't in. This way when they call back and ask for "Mike" I know it's a sales call... because we don't have a Mike here.

Default info on yodle and local ppc / seo providers wanted

Has anyone else used Yodle? I know they are pushing in our industry right now and they have approached us to partner up in our lead generation and telemarketing support services for our members. Supposedly they are good at getting the local clicks. We have also been looking at some of the yellow page online providers and a couple other versions of Yodle types.

If anyone has had experiences worth noting (good or bad) with any of the "local internet results" companies, I would be most interested in hearing what you have to say. Our objective is to continue to develop the best of the best in internet, SEO and related marketing and combine it with our marketing (direct mail & lead generation) campaigns to drive traffic to our limo company members sites as well as develop leads for our limo company members with our outbound telemarketing packages. We have done this type of stuff in-house with several ventures and the results can be really effective when combined into a total package. But with the players and rules changing when it comes to the internet SEO and PPC, we are always interested in the latest results anyone can tell us about.

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Cheers,
    Kurt von Strasser
    kurt@LimoLive24.com
    http://www.LimoLive24.com
    LimoLive24.com
    Phone: 800.676.9095
    Limousine Business Process Outsourcing
    Reservations Center, Web Chat,Text/SMS
    Customer Care & Marketing Services

Coming from a disgruntled customer, I would stay away from Yodle.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Coming from a disgruntled customer, I would stay away from Yodle.
    Any specifics on what happened or why? This may help me in dealing with other providers of similar service... assuring I ask the right questions. Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Kurt von Strasser
    kurt@LimoLive24.com
    http://www.LimoLive24.com
    LimoLive24.com
    Phone: 800.676.9095
    Limousine Business Process Outsourcing
    Reservations Center, Web Chat,Text/SMS
    Customer Care & Marketing Services

Smile Phone Scams

In my case I've been around so long 90% of the idiots and vultures have my name. I always tell 'em Dean is not available when I answer the phone. 95% of the time when I google the phone number it comes up as a scam. When I can't *69 the phone number, it is a scam. Sometimes legit companies such as the George May consulting company call and we tell them NO TELEMARKETERS !! These cretins waste our time every single day of the week. One got rough with me today so I told him he had the wrong contact name and hung up on him. Can you imagine being so desperate that you had to make a living calling people to sell them things that they don't need ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Just tell them that you cannot transfer them to a position but to a person. If they don't have the name of the person that they wish to be transferred to, they get all flustered, apologize and hang up. I did have one guy though that responded with "Look man, I'm just trying to sell some pens." Since I am the only person in my company, if you don't know who I am or take the time to learn who I am, I do not wish to do business with you. We all spend time looking for a specific point of contact when we are trying to secure new business, why can't these bottom-feeders do the same?
    Dean Schuler