Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aventura Worldwide Transportation Deceptive Advertising & Lawsuit Filing

Default Aventura Worldwide Transportation Deceptive Advertising & Lawsuit Filing

I tip toed around it on another thread & here's the deal on what I can post regarding this case based upon the the Complaint Ventura Limousine filed in the Circuit Court in Miami:

First of all a little background. Aventura Worldwide employs Ron Sorci, 1st VP of the NLA. They prominently advertise being awarded "LCT's 2008 Operator of the Year" & also submit numbers to be included in LCT's annual school of numbers "largest fleets". Aventura Limousine is based in Miami and according to the Complaint utilize approximately 150 IC's.

Seems a small operator in Tampa got their goat by setting up a business named Aventura Limousine, LLC and running a website advertising limo transportation in Tampa under this name. I know the complete story but am unable to further elaborate at this time.

The Complaint starts off with Aventura highlighting its' operations using the LCT award to drive Aventura's quest for quality service by over exaggerating the LCT award, " in fact, it was recently named "2008 Operator of the Year" by Limousine & Chauffeured Transportation Magazine from a group of approximately 10,000 transportation companies throughout North America".

Anyone familar with the LCT award will recognize the pure bullshit laid out to the Court.

Aventura claims Tampa as their geographic region of operation, "Additionally, given Plaintiff's presence in markets throughout Florida, Defendant operates its business in the same geographic area as Plaintiff".

As noted on the other thread, Miami based Aventura has no operating authority in Tampa.

The complaint continues with, "Plaintiff was the first business to use the trade name "Aventura Limousine" and all similar permutations of the trade name in providing limousine and transportation services throughout Florida and the rest of the world".

The Complaint seeks damages in excess of $15,000 plus court and attorney costs.
    Last edited by gunny; June 14th, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Thumbs down The Bully from the South

Aventura is not a registered trademark in Florida and my guess is that they want the website address www.aventuralimousine.com for cheap money. Fight the Miami bully!!
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

Quote Originally Posted by TBLIMO View Post
    Aventura is not a registered trademark in Florida and my guess is that they want the website address www.aventuralimousine.com for cheap money. Fight the Miami bully!!
    Seems Adventura Miami is frequently on the receiving end of lawsuits (federal):

Kaufman v. Aventura Limousine, et al

Kralovic v. Aventura Limousine, et al

Sealey v. Aventura Limousine, et al

Padurjan v. Aventura Limousine & Transportation Service, Inc.

Padjuran v. Aventura Limousine & Transportation Service, Inc. et al

Padjuran v. Aventura Limousine & Transportation Service, Inc. et al

Kaufman v. Aventura Limousine, et al

Kralovic v. Aventura Limousine, et al

Ionescu v. Aventura Limousine, et al

Duplicates are separate case numbers
    Last edited by gunny; January 23rd, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

Smile Fictitious Name

Who has the Fictitious name registered in the state? Check out those rates $40.00 for a transfer. That is dirt cheap. Must be sedan rates. Can you make money like that. One other coment. If your fleet is as Adventura claims Indepdent Contractors does that still counted as your fleet?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Harrod View Post
    Who has the Fictitious name registered in the state? Check out those rates $40.00 for a transfer. That is dirt cheap. Must be sedan rates. Can you make money like that. One other coment. If your fleet is as Adventura claims Indepdent Contractors does that still counted as your fleet?
    $40 is the minimum rate set by the HCPTC & what many sedans charge as a starting point.

Aventura's "school of numbers" count to LCT does seem to include the Independents they use. Miami is a closed market (must be nice for established ops) for new sedan ops.

Based on what I have uncovered so far, it seems as though Aventura, Carey & to be named ops have been hammered with "wage" lawsuits. I will be researching these over the next few days & do a nice posting on filings & results.

Sounds like a company blatently tried to steal their name and use it pretending to be them. If thats the case they should sue the pants off the other company.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    Sounds like a company blatently tried to steal their name and use it pretending to be them. If thats the case they should sue the pants off the other company.
    And how many "1st Class Limos" you trying to be? Anyone who uses the trade name "1st class" prior to your operations kicking off then has a right to drag you into court demanding business damages regardless of if they operate in your geographic area or not.

The ability to drag another into court is a right that lawyers count on. In this particular instance there is a good shot the Plaintiff will win. Question is what will they win and at what cost?

Those who are business savy will know what I mean.

Information technology, what a great thing.
    Last edited by gunny; January 23rd, 2009 at 10:54 AM.

For years I had heard how great aventura in Miami was, so I decided when I went there for a meeting I called to have them pick me up. It was a horrible experience, the driver I will call him because that is what he was, very rude drove like an idiot, I told him I am in no hurry. Got into an argument in the parking garage with a motorist. I was stunned my trip ticket was marked with VIP all over it. And this was the service I received. I cancelled my return and took a taxi which was polite friendly and drove in a reasonable fashion and cost me half as much. And this driver has been with them 15 years. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    And how many "1st Class Limos" you trying to be? Anyone who uses the trade name "1st class" prior to your operations kicking off then has a right to drag you into court demanding business damages regardless of if they operate in your geographic area or not.

The ability to drag another into court is a right that lawyers count on. In this particular instance there is a good shot the Plaintiff will win. Question is what will they win and at what cost?

Those who are business savy will know what I mean.

Information technology, what a great thing.
    Well gunny our company is registered corporation in our state and "aventura" isnt exactly a common name like first class so its much different. There are other first class's in other states and we all know it, just like first choice's, or a touch of class etc.

"aventura" sounds like sombody's last name and is much more unique and could be the only limo company in the country with that name so its blatently ovbious what the other company was trying to do. You would or should probably do the same thing if somebody started gunny's limo service 10 minutes from you to try and confuse your customers into booking with them.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Well gunny our company is registered corporation in our state and "aventura" isnt exactly a common name like first class so its much different. There are other first class's in other states and we all know it, just like first choice's, or a touch of class etc.

"aventura" sounds like sombody's last name and is much more unique and could be the only limo company in the country with that name so its blatently ovbious what the other company was trying to do. You would or should probably do the same thing if somebody started gunny's limo service 10 minutes from you to try and confuse your customers into booking with them.
    Aventura is spanish for Adventure.

Looking at a map of Florida, there is a big spread between Miami on the southern east coast of the state & Tampa on the center west coast of the state. So it's not a matter of one operating in anothers backyard or as previously stated, the Miami operation has no licensing authority for the Tampa area.

Alright I dont speak spanish so ya got me there!

Then it would really boil down to if they're registered as a corporation or not in that state and the other company really wants to spend the money to defend themselves or just switch names and save tens of thousands.

Alright I dont speak spanish so ya got me there!

Then it would really boil down to if they're registered as a corporation or not in that state and the other company really wants to spend the money to defend themselves or just switch names and save tens of thousands.
    As previously stated, I can't reveal all at the present time. The whole deal is a little comical.

Based on the signature on Aventura's filings it seems they have an in-house lawyer.

The BS I pointed out in their Complaint reminds me of that old saying, "he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones".

The big guy picking on a little guy whereas it could of easily been handled in another way puts the big guy on the losing end in the court of public opinion. IMO it's not a matter of the Tampa Guy wanting or having any desire to slug it out with the tough Guy in Miami. It's just a matter of being suckered punch with a lawsuit out of the blue.

BTW, the Tampa operator is from Cuba and his target market in Tampa is the Hispanic community ending any claims of some grand scheme.
    Last edited by gunny; January 23rd, 2009 at 01:09 PM.

Wink www.aventuraX.com

If Aventura is so concerned about someone else using this name for their business, they should buy up all variants of Domain Names. In fact I own one they may be interested in, www.aventuralimos.com
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

This leaves me to ask, "Who is going to start suing other limo companies because they use 'limo' or 'limousine' in their company name?" Where is the hot coffee that I can spill?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    This leaves me to ask, "Who is going to start suing other limo companies because they use 'limo' or 'limousine' in their company name?" Where is the hot coffee that I can spill?
    Now, lets not give the NLA any bright ideas.

BTW, this thread is now #4 in position on GOOGLE under "Aventura Limousines"

Cool Beaners!