Thread: Advertising

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Default Advertising

What advertising venues should be considered for a limo business?

Member Limo Padawan limosatyourservice's Avatar

limos.com, limo pros, get a website, radio advertising, affiliate work, maybe send email blasts to NLA members with your company info...etc....
    Adam K.
    Limos At Your Service
    800-219-2664
    Serving the Los Angeles And Atlanta Markets!
    http://www.limosatyourservice.net

Senior Member Limo Padawan InTheLeftLane's Avatar

Default Advertising venues

bjc, the answer is EVERYwhere your budget allows. No real secret that I am a big fan of online marketing and recommend a diligent effort to establish an online presence in places you expect your clients to be. Where are they? Look at the demographics of the market your trying to reach.

I'll suggest that Facebook, LinkedIn and other similar sites are popular with your clients. I've seen many limo companies pushing their MySpace accounts - I personally beleive that the MySpace crowd is too young and I've not seen anything that suggests they are business people / travellers or have sufficent disposable income for a luxury transportation ride. FaceBook and LinkedIn are more the demographic I think.

Your website needs to be the destination you drive them to - regardless if they find you online or offline. Your website needs to present information THEY want, notthe information you want - your online presence will support a conversation WITH your clients, not a one way advertisment. It will be a two-way discussion about what they want and what you provide.

My two cents is to get a professional website that supports customer interaction and be online often to interact with prospects and customers.
    Steven Groves
    Vice President / Silent Dispatch, Inc.

Sponsors of InTheLeftLane - Slow Traffic Keep Right!

SilentDispatch / LE has launched! - "Invitation Only Phase" now in place. Current users have invites - Make your request at www.SilentDispatch.com!

Default Everything & Anything

This month marks 6 years since I started Gunny's. One of the 1st things I did was to do a mass post card mailout announcing my start-up. Today I booked a job because some dear old lady held onto that postcard for 6 years. I was really tickled when I she informed me of how she got my number.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Gunny, how many postcards did you mail out?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Gunny, how many postcards did you mail out?
    A couple of thousand targeting specific areas
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InTheLeftLane View Post

I'll suggest that Facebook, LinkedIn and other similar sites are popular with your clients. I've seen many limo companies pushing their MySpace accounts - I personally beleive that the MySpace crowd is too young and I've not seen anything that suggests they are business people / travellers or have sufficent disposable income for a luxury transportation ride. FaceBook and LinkedIn are more the demographic I think.
    Depends completely on what your target market is. I just yesterday met two very young company executives that have a very young but popular website that caters to the night life. Big business potential.

I have also had a bunch of work from my myspace within the last couple of months that I have been pushing it, again, FREE. Any free advertising is always good advertising.

Smile Advertising Venues

Local business radio, local business newspaper, tourism publications, plus whatever is the high-end publication in your market. Join your local trade exchange to be able to obtain media on trade.

Quote Originally Posted by bjc10 View Post
    What advertising venues should be considered for a limo business?
    Dean Schuler

Senior Member Limo Padawan

There are loads of free entities which can offer up good advertising and at the same time aid your SEO work with good link back facilities and key words / phrases.
    Personally i hate paying for anything.

You guys do a lot of corporate work, so i guess that in itself demands some $$ to facilitate.
    http://www.squireslimousines.co.uk Limo Hire Northampton
    http://www.a-pink-limo.co.uk Pink Limo Hire Northamptonshire
    http://www.limo-hire-kettering.co.uk Limo Hire

Quote Originally Posted by limosatyourservice View Post
    limos.com, limo pros, get a website, radio advertising, affiliate work, maybe send email blasts to NLA members with your company info...etc....
    You have to remove limos.com - no longer a serious advertiser.

Youtube brought us couple of clients.
    Last edited by Greenpala; January 12th, 2009 at 09:56 AM.
    --------------------------------

How do you expect your customers to find you?

My guess is most people use the yellow pages and internet search engines. For the vast majority of event customers who are booking for a prom, wedding, etc., they will go down the list and call all the listings. Even if they were to remember a single name from a radio or TV campaign, they are most likely going to comparison shop.

I am interested to know if any companies advertise in the back of church bulletins and if they know how many bookings have resulted from it. The way I figure, couples are getting married in churches and that would be a good way to market directly to an audience.

Smile Finding Customers

Whether I was at the airport greeting a client or as a business owner researching and locating clients I have always figured that the job CALLED FOR ME TO FIND THEM. Marketing in the correct places can attract customers to you. We do that and find the proper places to advertise. I prefer researching markets and finding clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
    How do you expect your customers to find you?

My guess is most people use the yellow pages and internet search engines. For the vast majority of event customers who are booking for a prom, wedding, etc., they will go down the list and call all the listings. Even if they were to remember a single name from a radio or TV campaign, they are most likely going to comparison shop.

I am interested to know if any companies advertise in the back of church bulletins and if they know how many bookings have resulted from it. The way I figure, couples are getting married in churches and that would be a good way to market directly to an audience.
    Dean Schuler

Not to bring up a dying horse, but I think Facebook and MySpace are just fine and dandy. With either group, you are going to get a younger crowd but that younger crowd has birthdays (16, 18, 21), proms, graduations, weddings, etc. Also, I used to work for the Athletic Department at OU and I have made several friends while I was a tutor there. Many have moved on to professional sports. It is a way for me to let them know that I provide this service as well as allow them to know who to use in a particular city. Plus they will have some pro sports fans that will be looking for the same.

You never know who one of the members of your group or myspace page may be and the friends that they may have. You just may get some business through the referrals of Facebook and MySpace.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Anyone used the high-end post card packets as a marketing resource? The ones that advertise kitchen redos, stone work, spa treatments, plastic surgery, etc. and target a specific income demographic, i.e., homes over 400K.

I think printed advertising is getting obsolete. Pay per click with google & yahoo usually work ok.

-------------------------
    v.t.
    Stretch Limousine, Inc
    #1 Chicago Limo Service!