Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Internet Advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    Charles,

Sometimes I gasp but I have gotten used to it because I am seeing a return. In the summer bills are over $1,000 but the sales numbers last year spoke for themselves. I have 2 small business card size ads in the phone books and thats it. I have found most of those phone book leads are coupon shoppers because we receive a free coupon with our ad. I think I am just going to go with an in column ad this year and no display ads at all. I would rather take that money and put it back into internet marketing.

I use several methods to track ROI. Example: I use different toll free phone #'s for each website. This is very easy to set up and the 800 numbers are pay as you go so it is very easily trackable so you know where your bookings are coming from.

Jim
    i tell the drivers to ask where they heard us from or i ask when they book the ride. most are from our local advertising ie. local monthly or quaterly magazines and local newspaper ads in union county. i also do see some work from google. com and once in a while our yellow book or yellow page print ads we get a hit. i really dont see so much return from the print ads in yellow book or yellow pages but i need to be in there because people think we might be closed. also there is so much competition in our local yellow pages/book so i need to compete.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ADDITIONAL WEBSITES. we have westfieldlimo.com what about if i also have cranfordlimo.com or another local town. is it ilegal or just unethical.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Jim, I wish I could spend $100/month and have similar results to you. San diego is so competitive when it comes to PPC. AT&T was trying to sign me up for a $1600/month package. I already fell for their yellow pages(The "real" BS way to advertise) lies and got 2 half pages(4/5). What a waste of money?

I personally can't stand PPC. I also believe that there are a lot of clickers(mostly advertisers and competition) and it seems the more somebody spends to be on top, their competition seems to keep up. It turns into an ugly domino affect and Google is taking everyones money. I know it works for a lot of companies, but I hate to put my 2 cents in with them. There's gotta be a better way to advertise.
    the funny thing is, you might not pay more money by getting more clicks. im pretty sure that your click thru ratio greatly depends on the amount of $ you pay per click (not to mention your position). google wants the ads that get more clicks on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ADDITIONAL WEBSITES. we have westfieldlimo.com what about if i also have cranfordlimo.com or another local town. is it ilegal or just unethical.
    its definitely not illegal, and i wouldnt say its unethical. some of your competition might bitch but who cares? they would only be mad because they arent doing it.

the thing about setting up additional websites is they have to be 100% unique with all unique text. you cant just copy your same site and expect different results.

what i did was set up some results for different bar areas around detroit to drive traffic/incoming links. i still need to do a lot of work on them but i dont have a ton of time. heres an example of one of them:

http://www.novibars.com

Blog Entries

How is this unethical? NO WAY! Let me pose this example if you think it is unethical. There is a company with 2 full yellow page ads in my area under 2 different company names. Unethical? Not really as they are doing nothing wrong. If they can afford the ads and are getting a return off it, all the more power to them, I say. That's just not my cup of tea (phone book ads). Think of your new web pages as another full page phone book ad that just looks a little different. Use a way to track your ROI like I mentioned earlier, like a unique phone number for each page on the web. Sometimes (Ok, alot of times) you will get the same phone callers but that just show you the efforts you made are paying off.

Just don't get caught up in using other companies names in your web addresses or advertisements (as brandon said).Don't use duplicate content. That is the hard part, thinking of original stuff to put on all of your new websites. It takes time and effort but the rewards are plenty.

But if it is a generic thing like a town name, go for it if you can and do it before your competitors do it. Westfield is a town and is generic. Niagara Falls is a town and is generic. Limo is a term and it is generic. Put them together and what do you have? A generic term. Some company names, yes? I have mulled over legal proceedings and as long as you stay generic you are usually OK. As long as you have your own original content I dont see how having multiple websites would be unethical. I own quite a few web addresses and I intend on developing all of them...
    Last edited by Jim30; February 19th, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

The best advertising online that makes your dollar go the farthest is Organic SEO Management. One of my other companies does this type of management for a fee, we also guarantee the results or your money back. You may want to check it out. I also run a Lead Generation business for reactors, so we understand the Search engines and how to make your site placement rise through the ranks quickly. Submit a quote request at http://www.jaredscottdesigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Scott View Post
    The best advertising online that makes your dollar go the farthest is Organic SEO Management. One of my other companies does this type of management for a fee, we also guarantee the results or your money back. You may want to check it out. I also run a Lead Generation business for reactors, so we understand the Search engines and how to make your site placement rise through the ranks quickly. Submit a quote request at http://www.jaredscottdesigns.com
    not to be a mean guy but i searched for that limo company you represented in nashville and i didnt see ther website at all. i did multiple searches but nothing came up. are you still working with them.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Senior Member Limo Padawan The Leader's Avatar

I have three websites all targeting different keywords and it works well for me!

wolf,

that's my limo company. I shut it down about 3 months ago and Just restarted about two weeks ago, so it won't rank organically for a few more weeks. Then it won't touch the top for a few other weeks.

I use a company called NetBiz.com. If you want my reps name and number, send me a PM and I will give him a call and let him know I sent you. He manages for his $50 a month and we use Google Adwords with a $75 cap on PPC per month.

I have learned that even though I have a cap in what I will pay, it does not stop people from clicking through and since I have no one else in my area using the service through sponsorship, I am always on the top and even after my budget cap is exhausted, they still click through because I see it on my own page stats.

In fact, anyone that wants a hook up at NetBiz.com, hit me up and I will tell my guy to do the same thing for you as he did for me exactly.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com