Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Official Introduction

Great post, Tim.

It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and a great background in the livery business, an advantage that many of us did not have to start out with.

I'm betting you will be a success, and you have my best wishes for fully booked cars every day.

By the by, I know for a fact that 99% of the operators in my association do both corporate and retail work. Most have Busses, limos and sedans or SUVs in their fleet. Just more tools in the toolbox in my opinion. It can be done, and it sounds like you already have the know how.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    I didnt realize there was so many limo owners under 30.
    I wish i was still under 30.
    37 now beenn in the biz going to be 16 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tony35 View Post
    I wish i was still under 30.
    37 now beenn in the biz going to be 16 years.
    numbers dont mean a thing. its how you feel.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Default Reality Check in Aisle 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post

... Just be careful how thin you stretch yourself until we see how bad Obama will hit us with taxes. He will be spending a lot of money here soon.
    I suppose you missed the article in the Wall Street Journal reporting how Obama has proposed a TAX CUT FOR SMALL BUSINESSES? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1231...gn2008_mostpop

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rick E. View Post
    I suppose you missed the article in the Wall Street Journal reporting how Obama has proposed a TAX CUT FOR SMALL BUSINESSES? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1231...gn2008_mostpop
    I am not going round with you-it's all been said already.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

I'm 42... going on 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    I am not going round with you-it's all been said already.
    The Wall Street Journal, perhaps the most conservative and business oriented newspaper in the nation, disagrees with your statement regarding taxation for small businesses. Yet, your dogma and dislike for the incoming president does not allow you to make room for the facts.

Junior Member Limo Padawan Rachel Riffel's Avatar

Hey Tim,

Good for you! It sounds like you have a real passion for this biz which is a big part of what it takes to succeed, at least in my opinion. Like you, I'm getting ready to turn 25 and I've only really been in the business for 4 years now but my passion for the industry has taken me a long way. I would not have thought 4 years ago that I would one day be opening my own company, but my partner and I both have the same drive and vision and we're making it happen! I say if you feel the need to add a sedan to your fleet you should go for it. You should know your business and clientele better than anyone and as many have already stated, with the economy the way it is, it's better to be wide-spread in your spectrum of clients and possible clients than to limit yourself to a specific niche. Towncars are so versatile for both retail and corporate that you should be able to make it work for you on the plus side! I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and your recovery!

~Rachel

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

The Wall Street Journal, perhaps the most conservative and business oriented newspaper in the nation, disagrees with your statement regarding taxation for small businesses. Yet, your dogma and dislike for the incoming president does not allow you to make room for the facts.
    He will soon be our President. I honor and respect that. I do not "dislike" him as I do not know him. My hope and prayers are that he will be as steady as many make him out to be and we recover from this "dip" sooner than later. You narrowed my statement about taxation to small businesses "Just be careful how thin you stretch yourself until we see how bad Obama will hit us with taxes. He will be spending a lot of money here soon.". There is no way he can come out of this deficit and spend the money most think he will spend (new New Deal) without raising taxes.

You suckered me into going around with you by taking a back handed jab.
    Yet, your dogma and dislike for the incoming president does not allow you to make room for the facts.
    It was a simple warning to be careful how thin we spread our finances. Too bad many did not adhere to this in the last 5 years-our world would not be in the mess it is in now. Our cost of living will go up by a higher percentage than in the last 10 years-higher taxes will be a major factor in that. That is my opinion.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Thanks for all the warm wishes. I don't think it will be bad to start in the corporate arena since that is really what I know more of. Really it is more building the retail side to supplement the current corporate side that I am currently working in. I will still be growing both sides of it though and I think I can do it, especially with the support group that is this forum.

At any rate, I will let you know when I do get the sedan so that you know who to send work to in KC!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service