Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello ya all from David at Valera Global

All there cars ive seen have a valera global tag and the plates say vg 001. It would be tough to get work with everything valera global on it.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    All there cars ive seen have a valera global tag and the plates say vg 001. It would be tough to get work with everything valera global on it.
    Why would it be hard for an operator to drum up business because his/her NYS Tags start with a VG?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Why would it be hard for an operator to drum up business because his/her NYS Tags start with a VG?
    It wouldnt be sir. Sorry
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    Why does it even matter, David seems like someone interested in this business, I had the chance to meet him briefly at LCT in Miami. He came off as someone passionate about this business and is interested in building a good base of affiliates around the country. which is good for everyone.

So David welcome!
    David probably is a good guy. But Gunny is just pointing out that he technically doesn't have a fleet. There has been a lot of debate over misrepresentation on fleet size for years in regards to LCT's yearly story of the largest companies in America(do a search) and it definately hits a nerve with many. So much talk I don't even want to start to get into it. Do a search if you want to read some good arguments, I mean debates.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    David probably is a good guy. But Gunny is just pointing out that he technically doesn't have a fleet. There has been a lot of debate over misrepresentation on fleet size for years in regards to LCT's yearly story of the largest companies in America(do a search) and it definately hits a nerve with many. So much talk I don't even want to start to get into it. Do a search if you want to read some good arguments, I mean debates.

Geoff,
    I guess this is what has always been wrong in this business, everyone gets so petty about issues. Not that being petty is exclusive to the limo business. But after looking at this forum for about a month, it seems there are a few here that want to run the forum, want to investigate every person that wants to comment here. Like I said before I met David very briefly and overheard a conversation that he was having with someone at the bar and he seems to be passionate and involved in this business. As a company that could possibly do business with him all I really care about is can he deliver the service I need for my client and if he chooses to send me work, will I get paid. And from what I hear from someone who does work with him, he does all of that and does it well. But I don't think some here care about that. But it is not just this forum it is associations and LCT it is everywhere. Which is sad in these current times. I guess it is easier to tear someone else down than to work to make ones self better.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    Geoff,
    I guess this is what has always been wrong in this business, everyone gets so petty about issues. Not that being petty is exclusive to the limo business. But after looking at this forum for about a month, it seems there are a few here that want to run the forum, want to investigate every person that wants to comment here. Like I said before I met David very briefly and overheard a conversation that he was having with someone at the bar and he seems to be passionate and involved in this business. As a company that could possibly do business with him all I really care about is can he deliver the service I need for my client and if he chooses to send me work, will I get paid. And from what I hear from someone who does work with him, he does all of that and does it well. But I don't think some here care about that. But it is not just this forum it is associations and LCT it is everywhere. Which is sad in these current times. I guess it is easier to tear someone else down than to work to make ones self better.
    WTF this has to do with claiming IC's as a "fleet" is beyond me. But I will give your comments as much concern as your profile rates.

As Geoff explained, "bogus" fleet size claims has been an on & off again hot button issue & in fact is used as self-promotion in misleading advertisements & even for runs at NLA Board positions. My life, career & accomplishments extend way beyond being a glorified taxi driver & therefore, other than seeking "truth" & holding others accountable, there is no need on my part to "tear" one down for some orgasmic sense of self fullfillment.

Thumbs down Enough already...

Hello Gunny,

Seems you’ve found the good rout you’ve been looking for lately… Too bad you’ve once again apparently chased off someone who would have provided a wealth of information to the forum. Thank goodness he posted his phone number so folks can still seek his opinions.

Two questions:

Is McDonalds the largest fast-food chain in the world or simply a burger broker who should not claim they have sold “billions and billions” when in actuality it was only the independent operators of restaurants who sold the burgers?

Did you take the time to learn anything about Valera’s business model in the 4 hours or so between the time of his introductory post and the posting of your derogatory response?

I have met several of David’s people at industry functions over the years and spoken, even tried to recruit (back in the day) a number of his chauffeurs at the airport. ALL have held his company in high regard. The most poignant response I received in any of these cases was: Are you crazy? They take care of me – they look after everything for me. I wouldn’t have been able to buy my house if it wasn’t for them.”

I have also met David and hold him in high regard as a person who has a profound love for the business; a concerned and giving outlook; a person who believes in sharing the elements of his successes with others and an owner of a business that maintains an astonishing level of morale among its staff, those who work behind the wheel or behind a desk. The man has around 40 or so years in the business and is willing to share the life lessons he’s learned with anyone who simply asks him a question. I see a definitive value in that.

Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Matt Harrison; December 18th, 2008 at 09:01 PM.
    Matt Harrison
    908-296-3951
    Limousine
    Industry Consultant

http://goodwillguy.wordpress.com/

Default As My Closer

Without detail, David seems to be what many have painted him to be. I didn't direct any negatives at him & will not based on what I have learned. Doesn't mean I will not go toe to toe with the definition of fleet count (owner operator v. IC's) with David but, other then that, he's due all the respect for what he has built in a very competitive market.

Peace Out

Thanks Gunny. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    Matt Harrison
    908-296-3951
    Limousine
    Industry Consultant

http://goodwillguy.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Without detail, David seems to be what many have painted him to be. I didn't direct any negatives at him & will not based on what I have learned. Doesn't mean I will not go toe to toe with the definition of fleet count (owner operator v. IC's) with David but, other then that, he's due all the respect for what he has built in a very competitive market.

Peace Out
    Well done Gunny, I do not believe anyone including David would have a problem with you shooting him an email and questioning his numbers. In the end if he did not correct his statement, then maybe call him out on it. Like I said before I have only met him briefly and know a bit about him thru associates. So I did not have any stake in any of this. Do not become what you hate about so many associations and groups in this business.
    C-ya

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Gunny, please do not ever stop calling the cards you see-some of us do appreciate it.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Gunny, please do not ever stop calling the cards you see-some of us do appreciate it.
    I'll never stop that Bro. Sometimes things gets out of hand where they shouldn't have & someone has to pull back a little.

Senior Member Limo Padawan

David welcome to the forum! I have really enjoyed hearing and seeing your rebranding story at the limo shows! What I find very interesting is the fact that you and your partners have outside person as your CEO. Bob Mackasek did a great job in your rebranding seminar last year. Look forward to seeing you and your team in Vegas.

Cheers,
    Marcus
    Marcus Rosen
    Hamilton Limo
    mrosen@hamiltonlimo.com