Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello ya all from David at Valera Global

Default Hello ya all from David at Valera Global

Being new to industry related internet cyber forums I should at least introduce myself and my company Valera Global. We started Valera Global over 22 years ago. I along with my partner Rod Barfield have over 30 years experience in the luxury corporate and retail transportation markets. Both Rod Barfield (Chauffeur/Training Operations) and I (Affiliate Development/Systems/Communications and Facilities Management) are married to our very hard working partners Naomi Glaser-Eckstein (Sales/Marketing/Client Services and Delores Battelli-Barfield (Accounting and Money Management). Through the years I've traveled extensively through out North America, Western and Eastern Europe visiting hundreds of transportation operations. Initially traveling to research computer aided/computerized dispatch systems, operational/management techniques and looking to learn the best heart and soul principles to further develop and grow Valera Global.
    The best part of work, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is being able to develop some great business relationships (through goodwill and honesty) as well as some close personal friends. In the process I found one of the most important ultimate truth; “The more we know the more we learn we don't know and need to learn more about. The best way I’ve found to learn is through communication and coordination with fellow operators in order to limit the amount and severity of mistakes we will all sometimes have to deal with sooner or later.
    For the first 20 years of setting up Valera Global’s foundation from scratch we’ve been able to grow and expand through the best marketing tool we’ve learned and utilized almost exclusively “Positive Word of Mouth”. Up until the last 18 months when we initiated the re-branding of our company to Valera Global we didn’t have sales personnel, no internet web page, no professional marketing plan or materials and never advertised in the yellow pages, magazines, newspapers, radio or TV. In spite of not doing all of the right things we’ve been able to solidly mature in the NYC Tristate Metro area market into one of the largest, well respected luxury limousine operations.
    We might be beginners in the affiliate network business (only initiated our affiliate network two years ago) but being persistently stubborn looking to improve and expand our services for our clients and affiliates is now one of our most important priorities in this very different market.
    Valera Global’s current fleet of vehicles:
    170+ L Series Lincoln Town Cars
    13 Cadillac Escalade SUV's
    4 R320 Blue Tec Mercedes
    4 S550 Mercedes
    All of our vehicles are:
    1. Only purchased brand new and cycled out after 2.5 to 3.5 years (depending on the vehicles mileage and condition) and only replaced with another brand new vehicle.
    2. Uniformly equipped with in-dash navigation (no hanging hardware or wires)
    3. DriveCam Recording Safety System.

Welcome to our world. If anyone has any questions and/or would like to talk personally I can almost always be reached by cellular 24/7 (718) 753-2121 (traveling, not always in the office) besides my email address of David.Eckstein@ValeraGlobal.com.

Sooner than later……………………………..

David

Junior Member Limo Padawan Rachel Riffel's Avatar

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum and please tell Naomi that I look forward to seeing her at the 4th Annual Women's Forum at the LCT show. I'm very excited that she is moderating, your wife is an awesome lady . Happy Holidays to you and your family and I'll see you at the show!

Rachel

[Valera Global’s current fleet of vehicles:
    170+ L Series Lincoln Town Cars
    13 Cadillac Escalade SUV's
    4 R320 Blue Tec Mercedes
    4 S550 Mercedes
    All of our vehicles are:
    1. Only purchased brand new and cycled out after 2.5 to 3.5 years (depending on the vehicles mileage and condition) and only replaced with another brand new vehicle.
    2. Uniformly equipped with in-dash navigation (no hanging hardware or wires)
    3. DriveCam Recording Safety System.

Welcome to our world. If anyone has any questions and/or would like to talk personally I can almost always be reached by cellular 24/7 (718) 753-2121 (traveling, not always in the office) besides my email address of David.Eckstein@ValeraGlobal.com.

Sooner than later……………………………..

David[/QUOTE]

That's amusing, a check of 193 cars operating under NYCTLC Base #02285 shows not one registered to Valera. So, how many cars is Valera running?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

[QUOTE=gunny;

That's amusing, a check of 193 cars operating under NYCTLC Base #02285 shows not one registered to Valera. So, how many cars is Valera running?[/QUOTE]

Valera Global is indeed a black car service (all owner operators) operating in NYC. The Valera Global name is somewhat recent. They are the black car service previously known as Computer Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick E. View Post
    Valera Global is indeed a black car service (all owner operators) operating in NYC. The Valera Global name is somewhat recent. They are the black car service previously known as Computer Car.

No, actually their Base License is under the luxury limousine category not black car.

Topic wasn't if they are not a legit operation but if they actually have the fleet being claimed.

When running their base number against the vehicles assigned, all vehicles are registered to other individuals or Limo Companies. Or, in other words for example, when running a vehicle check under Dav El's Base Number, the vehicles show up as registered to Dav El which means Dav El has a fleet of some 94 vehicles registered under their company name. Valera has zero registered & therefore a fleet count of zero because the vehicles operating under their license doesn't belong to them but other individuals & limo ops.

Junior Member Limo Padawan Rachel Riffel's Avatar

Valera Global, formally Computer Car, is definitely a force to be acknowledged in the NYC area. David runs mostly I/O's but they have all the cars that he claims. As a former competitor of David's I know how quickly they have hit the NYC scene. Pristine cars, professional chauffeurs and prompt service. I would say that they are still on the lower level of luxury ground transportation trying to make the transition from black car but that is changing quickly with everyday. Don't let these guys discourage you David, you have an awesome operation and everyone in the NYC area is feeling the heat that you guys are puttting off!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Riffel View Post
    Valera Global, formally Computer Car, is definitely a force to be acknowledged in the NYC area. David runs mostly I/O's but they have all the cars that he claims. As a former competitor of David's I know how quickly they have hit the NYC scene. Pristine cars, professional chauffeurs and prompt service. I would say that they are still on the lower level of luxury ground transportation trying to make the transition from black car but that is changing quickly with everyday. Don't let these guys discourage you David, you have an awesome operation and everyone in the NYC area is feeling the heat that you guys are puttting off!
    Proof source that Valera "has the cars" they claim?:

Put it this way using DavEl & Valera as examples:

If all of DavEl's Drivers walked off the job, DavEl would still have a fleet of 94 cars.

If all of Valera's IC's walked off the job, Valera would be left with a zero fleet.

So a more accurate description for Valera's fleet would be that they are affiliated with X amount of Independent Contractors operating X amount of vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    No, actually their Base License is under the luxury limousine category not black car.

Topic wasn't if they are not a legit operation but if they actually have the fleet being claimed.

When running their base number against the vehicles assigned, all vehicles are registered to other individuals or Limo Companies. Or, in other words for example, when running a vehicle check under Dav El's Base Number, the vehicles show up as registered to Dav El which means Dav El has a fleet of some 94 vehicles registered under their company name. Valera has zero registered & therefore a fleet count of zero because the vehicles operating under their license doesn't belong to them but other individuals & limo ops.

Gunny, there are two reasons that I classify them as a black car operation (1) they don't operate any limousines and (2) all of their vehicles are owner/operators. I will certainly admit that Valera Global (previously Computer Car) while a black car operation certainly impresses me with their operation. I would say that they are on a quality level with the highest quality limousine services that New York has to offer!

For the record, no matter how you see the vehicles registered to 5th Avenue Courier Corp/Dav-El, the majority of those vehicles too are owner/operators and not house cars.
    Last edited by Rick E.; December 17th, 2008 at 11:07 AM.

Gunny, there are two reasons that I classify them as a black car operation (1) they don't operate any limousines and (2) all of their vehicles are owner/operators. I will certainly admit that Valera Global (previously Computer Car) while a black car operation certainly impresses me with their operation. I would say that they are on a quality level with the highest quality limousine services that New York has to offer!

For the record, no matter how you see the vehicles registered to 5th Avenue Courier Corp/Dav-El, the majority of those vehicles too are owner/operators and not house cars.
    Though Valera may be one of the highest quality "reservation call centers" with a higher set bar for IC's affiliates "NYC" has to offer it does not make them a traditional "limousine" operation whose chauffeurs are trained in the finer art and many nuances the Industry performs and of course Valera's claim of a fleet size is disingenuous.

DavEl's cars are listed on the TLC as DavEl registered vehicles. Could be that DavEl leases these vehicles to their drivers but on paper those vehicles are DavEl's fleet as with London Town Cars, Exec U Car, Vincents, All Star, Diva, Commonwealth etc.

DavEl's cars are listed on the TLC as DavEl registered vehicles. Could be that DavEl leases these vehicles to their drivers but on paper those vehicles are DavEl's fleet as with London Town Cars, Exec U Car, Vincents, All Star, Diva, Commonwealth etc.
    It all depends on how the certificate of insurance, insurance id card, and registration read. The car may be titled to the driver (owner) but registered to Dav-El.

To the best of my knowledge Exec U Car is also a black car operation. Recently, many of the black car companies have changed their classification of license from black car to luxury to circumvent Mayor Bloomberg's fuel economy/air quality requirements for incoming cars. The only real difference with the TLC is that the luxury bases are required to carry a higher liability policy.

London Town Cars owns/operates 100% of their cars with employees. I believe that Commonweath, Diva, and Vincents are also actual company fleets.

It all depends on how the certificate of insurance, insurance id card, and registration read. The car may be titled to the driver (owner) but registered to Dav-El.

To the best of my knowledge Exec U Car is also a black car operation. Recently, many of the black car companies have changed their classification of license from black car to luxury to circumvent Mayor Bloomberg's fuel economy/air quality requirements for incoming cars. The only real difference with the TLC is that the luxury bases are required to carry a higher liability policy.

London Town Cars owns/operates 100% of their cars with employees. I believe that Commonweath, Diva, and Vincents are also actual company fleets.
    Bottom line is that no one should be claiming a fleet count unless they have absolute control over the vehicles.

Bottom line is that no one should be claiming a fleet count unless they have absolute control over the vehicles.
    I am not saying that you are wrong. But, I suppose that would mean for a company like Carey in NYC they would list a total of about 2 - 3 house cars, all of the others belong to franchised I'/o's. In many of their other locations the number would be "0" since they are 100% franchised I/o's.

Some of the companies that use franchised drivers such as both Valera Global and Carey have so much infastructure and dedicated personnel that they are able to maintain tight control even though the operators are indeed I/O's.

Why does it even matter, David seems like someone interested in this business, I had the chance to meet him briefly at LCT in Miami. He came off as someone passionate about this business and is interested in building a good base of affiliates around the country. which is good for everyone.

So David welcome!

I am not saying that you are wrong. But, I suppose that would mean for a company like Carey in NYC they would list a total of about 2 - 3 house cars, all of the others belong to franchised I'/o's. In many of their other locations the number would be "0" since they are 100% franchised I/o's.

Some of the companies that use franchised drivers such as both Valera Global and Carey have so much infastructure and dedicated personnel that they are able to maintain tight control even though the operators are indeed I/O's.
    We do understand that IO's are themselves "Limousine Operators". As stated before, if these IO's walked off tomorrow a business like Valera would be left with nothing but a desk, computer & a phone for all intent & purposes. In addition, it is hardly likely that too many of the IO's running under Valera's Base license are exclusively earning a living from what Valera is throwing them & as IO's Valera has minimal control over what they do per IRS definitions of what an IO is.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    Why does it even matter, David seems like someone interested in this business, I had the chance to meet him briefly at LCT in Miami. He came off as someone passionate about this business and is interested in building a good base of affiliates around the country. which is good for everyone.

So David welcome!
    To some stating facts is important & to others, ethics & integrity runs behind making the dollar. Choose your medicine.