Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting out in Washington DC :)

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Default Starting out in Washington DC :)

Hello everyone,

Been reading the forum for a little bit and finally decided to join. Without a doubt there is a TON of information here and could take days if not weeks to read. You guys are awsome. Keep up the good work.

I have been driving as a limo driver for a little bit now and have now started a company. After reading the forum and tons of posts, I have made a short list of things to do when marketing and advertising. It looks like yellow pages are a thing of the past and the INTERNET is the way to go. Please take a quick look at my short list below and let me know if I am missing anything and what should I be concentrating at.

Create website (Done. WWW.DCLIMOLINK.COM)
    Get Toll Free & Local number (Done)
    Join Limos.com (In progress)
    Start Google adword campain/s (In progress) FEEL FREE TO PROVIDE ANY TIPS
    Joing NLA (On the list next)
    Join the Local Chambers of Commerce (On the list next)
    Talk with Local Radio stations (On the list next)

Right now, since I am obviously on a tight budget, every dollar I spend on marketing and advertising should count. I am mostly hoping and trying for the corporate business (Sedan) type of work, but also willing to accept any stretch, Van & SUV work or whatever it might be.

I know, I am up against a LOT of competition being in DC but I am ready for the challange. And that is exactly why I would like to minimize any mistakes in starting a new business. I already have a few helpful friends in the Limo business so getting a job covered should not be any issue at all.

Thanks and I look forward to become a productive member of the community.

JK
    www.dclimolink.com
    1-877-DCLIMOLINK (877-325-4665)
    202-558-7766
    703-542-4142

If you are just starting out why do you have two different websites? Seems like a lot of money spent on web design.
    http://www.metwashairportslimousine.com/index.htm
    http://www.dclimolink.com/index.htm

Nice sites though.

Your phone number on the metwash site is wrong.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

I like the websites-clean and clear.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Impressive for a start-up.

If you do any work in Maryland, please consider joning the Maryland Limousine Association, failing that the Washington Metropolitan Limousine Association would be your best bet.

Good Luck!

Thanks a bundle. I will be sure to add the two associations in my list. once again, appreciate the input.

Keep the suggestions coming guys.
    www.dclimolink.com
    202-558-7766
    703-542-4142

ok so i am now a member of Limos.com and in the process of setting up my profile etc. My question to the senior folks here is....is it worth to pay $99.00 ? Do they really bring in that much business? If anybody can give me an estimated/average amount of leads they get from Limos.com per month, that would be great.

Also, since I am setting up a new company, I am definitely looking for any work anybody is trying to farm out. Where should I look online (if there is such a place)?
    www.dclimolink.com
    202-558-7766
    703-542-4142

Member Limo Padawan limosatyourservice's Avatar

Don't worry, The leads will be there plentyfull... And its up to you to book them or not... As for the $99, I think anything that can bring more business is worth way more then that, its a bargan!
    Adam K.
    Limos At Your Service
    800-219-2664
    Serving the Los Angeles And Atlanta Markets!
    http://www.limosatyourservice.net

Blog Entries

The leads are there, I get about 75-150 leads per month, some more but almost never less. The problem is I have barely booked anything from limos.com lately. I am not the cheapest out there and know that. I am waiting for the new site to begin because I have all our packages on there and am looking forward to more quality leads. Limos.com has a lot of tire-kickers, but I have had enough business from them in the past to pay for at least another year. I will give this new site a chance for a few months as I believe it will help.

Also, I think the "automatic" quotes get more people to request one from you, but less people book when it is so un-personable. I suggest not doing the automatic quote, imo.

Member Limo Padawan limosatyourservice's Avatar

What alot of people forget about doing on these leads are followup, call the client along with sending an email very quickly before they book someone else, and if you have good rates and sound nice on the phone then the client will most likely book with you, otherwise you are just another rate on the computer screen, and if thats the case then you better be the cheapest one!
    Adam K.
    Limos At Your Service
    800-219-2664
    Serving the Los Angeles And Atlanta Markets!
    http://www.limosatyourservice.net

Just consider the numbers.

$99.00 is about the average price of a single airport transfer, and I pick up at least several of those a month from Limos.com, and that is in during a bad month. Usually I do much better.

That figure does not include the more lucrative hourly work that I also get through Limos.com.

One job will almost, if not fully pay for the $99.00 deposit that is now maintained.

I did kind of prefer the old monthly charge to our CC based on the number of leads received, but I do understand the logic of the change of policy. At any rate, you would almost have to ignore the leads sent to you not to be able to make back your fees and then some.

Limos.com has huge net rankings, and many people will click through to your site form here, and they don't charge anything for that, when some other services do.

Don't forget, if it does not work out for you, you can always just cancel, and in the big scheme of things the expense over a few months to try it out is miniscule at best.
    Last edited by Salicete; December 6th, 2008 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DC LIMO LINK View Post
    ok so i am now a member of Limos.com and in the process of setting up my profile etc. My question to the senior folks here is....is it worth to pay $99.00 ? Do they really bring in that much business? If anybody can give me an estimated/average amount of leads they get from Limos.com per month, that would be great.

Also, since I am setting up a new company, I am definitely looking for any work anybody is trying to farm out. Where should I look online (if there is such a place)?

I have used limos.com in the DC area, $99.00 is cheap but you must work to turn these leads into work. I had staff 24/7 responding to these leads and for me it was fine for them to respond especially overnight when the dispatch was slow. If you think you will not have to do anything but wait for work to tumble in that will not be the case. For me it was fine add on work. The best work and the best return was working building an affiliate base to work with.

Good Luck

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Do you get the $99 back if you step out?
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

I believe you do, minus the fees for any quotes provided against the $99.

They charge your card $99 and then send leads at 99 cents each. When your balance gets down to a certain amount, I'm not sure what that is since this is a new system, they charge you another $99 and you start over again.

On the old system, your card was billed at the end of each month according to how many valid leads you were sent.

I have absolutely never lost any money with regard to my investment in LDC advertising. I always make more than I spend, and for most of us this business comes down to cents on the dollar after expenses. It is one more line in the water, and you should make more than you spend, even if it is cents, though it won't be, it is profit.

I might add that though you do need to work and make prompt follow-ups, as limosat mentioned, if you want a steady level of work form LDC; although, sometimes nice jobs do just fall into your lap form this source.

Many clients have found my site through LDC, clicked over and booked directly via my online booking module.

Throw 99 bucks out there and try it; if you don’t like it, the money is a tax deduction anyway, so why worry?
    Last edited by Salicete; December 6th, 2008 at 04:16 PM.

alright folks. thats definitely what I was looking for. I have almost completed my profile on the limos.com.
    Its obviously a LOT of info to fill in.

Thanks a bunch everybody. You guys rock.
    www.dclimolink.com
    202-558-7766
    703-542-4142