Thread: Beirut on the Bayou

The latest battle of Beirut ( which always thinks it is beyond State and Federal law ) went down today. This will be a very good case to give to the FBI as a civil rights violation, and will be given to them tomorrow unless this situation is corrected a.s.a.p. ( Unless the airport comes to its senses tomorrow-which upper Airport Management will probably do-they are Quality People ). The denizens of Beirut/Airport have decided ( not reasoned-that would be way, way, beyond them ) that State permitted cars cannot any longer obtain airport stickers. State permitted vehicles have applied and paid for New Orleans Airport stickers for as long as I have been here-well over 20 years. The denizen of Beirut who rendered this extremely ignorant opinion offered no legal reason. Since I also possess USDOT permits it doesn't effect me. It will hurt many others and is characteristic of the bullshit that is Louisiana Politics. However, it is said by many and is now clearly evident in the eyes of any one with a glimmer of intelligence that: A. People are being paid off at the New Orleans Airport, or B. They are considerably dumber than the lowest life forms . Questions : 1. Why was the honest Taxicab Bureau Chief of New Orleans, Mr. Jesse Bridges-told to stay away from the airport ? 2. Who is the Director of Malfeasance at the New Orleans airport ? 3. Are you so stupid that you don't think I will tell the TSA of this nonsense ? Please be advised that this post will go directly to the wonderful pros at the FBI in the morning if things are not put right immediately. P.S. To Captain Hook-I see your signature all over this one. I have been waiting for you to pull this. Enjoy the full force of FEDERAL POWER that will come at you now.

Dean Schuler

[This message was edited by Dean Schuler on April 01, 2003 at 06:53 PM.]
    Dean Schuler

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Limo Padawan

what in the world??

Tim Jespersen
    DCC Limo, Inc.
    http://www.dcclimo.com
    Tim Jespersen
    Image Chauffeured Transportation - http://www.imageride.com
    President, Dallas/Fort Worth Limousine Association - http://www.dfwlimo.org

Nice to see you back Dean.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

When you live in a PLACE SUCH AS BEIRUT, you welcome any FEDERAL INVESTIGATION. The area is that corrupt. Some of the regulators are so crooked they have to screw their pants on in the morning!!!!! Understand that the FEDS will take of this one- they are firmly in charge now-in the Land where the Three Stooges mentality rules and the worst services in the world try to make restrictive rules because they simply can't compete-they haven't learned even a page of THE BOOK OF LIVERY-and AS the Merchants of Malfeasance will be esposed for the cheaters that they are HERE AND NOW . This is the third battle of Beirut-the first two were in 1987 and 1990. Right now we have the evidence of lack of insurance, plate switching, etc. We have it all in this most corrupt of towns. Operating a CONTINING CRINIMAL ENTERPRISE, is of course-against FEDERAL LAW.

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Somthing tells me that having your tit caught in Dean's wringer would not be a pleasant experience!

Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ
    Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ

Dean: I am finding things a little hard to follow. I assume you are upset with the local authorities, but it would help to do a little explaining. I know it is very interesting what is going on and I want to hear it all, but I am haveing a little trouble making sense out of what you have written.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

David, We are very busy with the tidal wave of business from the Premium Top Dollar Clients that come to Final Four. No share ride here! I will attempt to answer your questions. There are three limousine associations in New Orleans with widely different purposes and visions. You may be assured that I am with the Open Market crowd-not only is restraint of trade illegal, it is a sorry business. This comment relates to the permitting process in New Orleans, including the airport. There is another very big problem that the Feds are looking into. The industry has not been audited here in years. It is commonly reported by numerous operators that there are vehicles running without insurance, plate switching,no permit numbers on the cars, etc. The list apparently goes on and on. In addition, this is one of those third world places where a functionary will tell an operator that his state permit no longer allows him to buy an airport sticker. They, of course, never provide a legal opinion that what they say is true !! Total Bullshit !!!!!!!!! I am regulated by the City, the State, and I have my Federal numbers as well. Others only have state numbers. So when a big event comes in "the lyers and criers" call the Taxicab Bureau of New Orleans and say that XYZ Service is running illegally. Of course they are not going from the airport to downtown if they have State or Federal numbers. You don't need a City Permit to make a run from the airport to downtown. I will turn in the "lyers and criers to the City Attorney and the Mayor this time and we will hand them the short end of the stick. You see, this is a flat-top town where many operators believe that there is an American Entitlement Act for limousines. The thought seems to be that they are entitled to their share of a big event no matter what. As we all know, in this profession, the work goes to the skilled !! So you have folks pushing laws that would limit the amount of Special Event Permits that each company could receive, you have permitted companies asking for more permits at the City Hearings and then opposing any new applicant that comes along, the airport nonsense previously mentioned, etc. We have some very good regulators here, but there are others who work for them that by their actions have shown that they are operating under a hidden agenda. I have spoken with Business Travel News and A VERY Major US newspaper in detail about the situation in New Orleans. Both Limousine Digest and Limousine and Chauffeur know the entire story and where the skeltons are buried. I believe that you must turn on the lights to scatter the roaches. Count on myself and MANY OTHERS to make it so. Malfeasance must be dealt with directly and harshly. It is reported by numerous operators that we have plenty of both present here.

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

WOW!!!!!!!!!! and i thought dealing with my local TLC was difficult!!
    Rich Costeira
    Owner
    Santos VIP, LLC
    www.santoslimousine.com

Dean: That's a lot clearer now.

thanks

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

Harpo, A total audit is required for this market. Rest assured, it will happen. We will turn on the lights, and watch the roaches scatter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

The merchants of malfeasance in this market are grinding their teeth and "planning" ( If you can call their tepid & threadbaren attempts at "intelligence" that !! ) their next move. We are preparing numerous nice gifts for them-their fate will be worse than the one that befell the imbeciles in Iraq. When we hear of their cries we respond: " How nice for you " !!!!! It is the third battle of Beirut-this time we take no prisoners. Always remember to obey FEDERAL LAWS, boys and girls. The FEDS surely do not have a sense of humor and neither do I and the other founders of the NEW ORLEANS LIMOUSINE INDUSTRY. Dean Schuler, since 1976

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

As a gift of pure science and to contribute to World-Wide Service Standards for the Livery Industry ( the finest profession there is ) we will soon be defining what the definition of a Crook of Commerce ( minion of malfeasance, service-leper, food stamp liveries ( service so poor, it can apply for welfare, the unwashed, etc. ) is-here on Limos.Com . We at the Limousine Industry Council fervently hope that you will study these definitions and clean out the scum from your local market area. For the industry to claim it's proper place in the sun, the evil ones must depart-perhaps to take jobs scraping up gum in supermarket parking lots. To the unwashed, industry-wide I have one thing to say to you-stepping way up in weigh class means you will take a severe beating. It is too bad that you don't know what is coming. So be it !!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

Let's not forget the Transportation Services Authority of Nevada. In the past. numerous operators referred to them as the "Desert Gestapo". The Institute of Justice in D.C. and George Will-the worldwide known supreme writer put the serious hurt on those people. And so it will be here as those that care about this market open it. Dean Schuler, since 1976

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler