Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Stand United With Us......

Default Please Stand United With Us......

Please support the U.S Auto Industry!! Please folow the link, please stand by us!!!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/thefordstory/

Thank You

David C Bastian Jr
    Commercial Sales Manager
    Towne Auto Group
    Last edited by Towne Livery; December 2nd, 2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: better link available
    David C Bastian Jr.
    Commercial Sales Manager
    Towne Auto Group

Member Limo Padawan limosatyourservice's Avatar

If we loose the projected 2.5 million jobs then who will be using limo service? yikes!
    Adam K.
    Limos At Your Service
    800-219-2664
    Serving the Los Angeles And Atlanta Markets!
    http://www.limosatyourservice.net

It is very hard to support the big 3 when they are just as liable for gambling other peoples money "stock holders" on over valued silver futures that were never there. GM fell down the rabbit hole called investing with Lehman Bros.

My thoughts are let them fight it out and see who survives when the dust settles. There is plenty of surplus to use until they get act together.
    Philadelphia Limousine Guy

Member Limo Padawan limosatyourservice's Avatar

Can you imagine what this economy will turn into if more major corporations fall? It really will become a depression
    Adam K.
    Limos At Your Service
    800-219-2664
    Serving the Los Angeles And Atlanta Markets!
    http://www.limosatyourservice.net

Member Limo Padawan

If they go under what chassis will motorhome builders use? Most inboard boats utilize the Chevy engine. I'll bet Honda/Toy/Nissan are hanging on pins and needles for our markets to open up to them in a major way. What chassis/drivetrain will we use to build limos? I can see it now, Toyota Avalon limos running all around town!
    Steve

Default No Can Do

No supporting guvmint putting a bandaide on a sucking chest wound.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Blog Entries

Honestly, I think we are too long and too late to help ourselves. GREED has over-run our world and has set us into a tail-spin that is un-recoverable.

Won't be long before the government has to step in and take control, which is only the start of a communist-controlled USA.

I believe it was 5th grade government class that I was told that a democracy has a life span of approx. 200 years, we were there in 1976 and it seems it has all went downhill since.

I'm not a political type person but this is the way I see it, I'm scared that there is no way to turn this boat around and head back to where we used to be.

Having lived as long as I have and watched over 50 years. It is my humble opinion that the ship will right itself. It seems to me that it steers to port and then to starboard, but does keep sailling along. And I don't necasaryly think that is a bad thing either. Democracy at work.

My concern is that you hear the big-3 begging for money, but not talking much about change.

They want the Band Aid that Gunny mentioned to help them through this rough patch, until credit flows freely and consumers flock back to their showrooms, not a realistic view.

That bailout money will be plucked directly from our pockets, and likely our kid's too.

They fail, we are all put into a painful situation; they get bailed out, and this won't be the last bailout, and we are all put into a painful situation.

Pick your poison boys.

Blog Entries

They keep saying that they want to put money into alternate fuel vehicles/more fuel-efficient vehicles, why ? Gas prices are down, I feel that they need to work on more pressing issues right now that worry about that stuff at this moment. We can worry about the fuel crap after we get some other things fixed first.

Now, if the gas prices were still up I think the economy would be super-screwed right now. Gee, I thought the government didn't control the fuel prices?

If the goverment gives the big 3 a bailout whos next to have their hand out. I tend to agree with Phlly Limo Guy. Let them lower their prices and start selling their assets Off ( Cars and Trucks) at reasonable prices.

Anthony
    Paradise Limousine
    www.paradiselimoservice.com

No one is bailing me out. Companies fail from bad management. I am not endorsing their bad management and believe me, even if they all fail, you watch how fast someone comes in to seize the market. It may very well be Toyota Avalon limos but investors will start a new company or buy pieces of the dying companies as they are sold off in a matter of survival.

I too believe the economy will right itself. When I think back to the days of buying gas on even and odd days and long lines and we all wondered, what are we going to do. After 9/11 and corporate spending was reeled in in a panic, we all said, what are we going to do.

It seems to me that history just goes around in circles and gloom and doom rule our headlines every year. I was pointing out to my wife the other day that all my life I recall seeing the following types of headlines:

Educational Budget Slashed - Programs to be cut.
    Yes, we still build schools with grand auditoriums, high tech networks, phones in every room (we didn't have that when I was a kid) and the school systems keep going and find a way.

Fire season expected to be extremely bad due to dry weather
    And, yep, sure enough we have our bad ass fires in California but we build housing developments where a fire once raged.

Budget Cuts Expected - Community Services Could be impacted
    But yet I still see new police cars, new fire trucks and parks continued to be built

Just once, I would love to see a headline: Due to wet year, no wildland fires expected, schools overwhelmed with money unsure how to spend it, city coffers flush, new programs to be introduced. Wouldn't that be nice?

I don't want to bail out anyone. I think with every failure, brings opportunity - so if they fail, there is opportunity for a new big corporation to take over. I am convinced Bill Gates has all the money stashed in a vault at his house. I thought it was Citibank until they said they had to lay off 53,000 people this week. It must be Bill. He doesn't even want to buy Yahoo anymore cause he doesn't want to open the vault!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

I agree with you Jim. We never hear of headlines about how the cities and other funds have too much money. And yes, we always seem to have new police cars and fire trucks with the expensive LED lightbars and Toughbook computers in them.

As for the vehicle options, is there really something so bad about using foreign vehicles for our industry? The way I see it we have BMWs, Benzs, and Lexuses that we sell service in as a higher level of luxury. I get requests for foreigns makes and models from time to time. What is so wrong with something like the Toyota Avalon as a limo? I know that the LTC is the standard now, the work horse, but things do change over time. I think that is going to be the biggest hurdle...change.

In other related thoughts...the oil companies have been posting huge profits. Here is an idea...products produced by the Big 3 consume this little thing called fuel...like gasoline and diesel. Why don't the oil companies pony up the money to bail out the Big 3? After all, I think it is safe to assume that products of all types from the oil companies are used in those vehicles produced by the Big 3...gasoline, lubricants, greases, etc. Maybe the Big 3 should be flying down to Houston to talk to ExxonMobil, or to Oklahoma to visit with ConocoPhillips. Just a little thought I had.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Ford, Chrysler and GM's contributions after 9/11

An interesting commentary...You might find this of interest:

CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington.

The findings are as follows.....

1. Ford- $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER response team services and office space to displaced government employees.

2. GM- $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of vans, suv's, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen-Employees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi-Nothing.

8. BMW-Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat-Nothing.

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in August of 2001.

12. Isuzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi-Nothing.

14. Nissan-Nothing.

15. Porsche-Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota-Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August of 2001. Condolences posted on the website

Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. You might want to give more consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States...
    It's OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis. I believe we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their attention..
    David C Bastian Jr.
    Commercial Sales Manager
    Towne Auto Group

SUBJECT: FORD MOTOR COMPANY'S CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER ALAN MULALLY TESTIFIES ON CAPITOL HILL

"Thank you, Mr. Chairman, Senator Shelby and members of the Committee. I appreciate the opportunity to be here representing the Ford Motor Company. As you know, the auto industry has been heavily affected by the turmoil in the financial markets. Much of the recent commentary has suggested that our companies “need a new business model.” I completely agree.

In fact, we at Ford are well on our way to transforming our company and building a new Ford that has a very bright future.

There are two fundamental questions today:
    • First, is there a competitive and sustainable future for our domestic automotive industry?
    • Second, is the provision of government assistance to help bridge the domestic auto industry through these difficult economic times more favorable to our nation than the costs of inaction?
    I believe the answer to both is “yes.”

As a relative newcomer to this industry, I have the benefit of seeing the auto business and its transformation clearly. I see parallels with what I witnessed at Boeing after the nine-eleven tragedy and the steps we took to transform commercial airplane business. I can tell you that the transformation at Ford is even more aggressive, and the progress we are making is remarkable.

Our plan for the past two years has been consistent:
    • Aggressively restructure to operate profitably at the current lower demand and the changing model mix.
    • Accelerate the development of safe, fuel-efficient, high-quality new products that customers want and value.
    • Finance our plan and improve our balance sheet.
    • And work together as one team, leveraging our global assets.
    Our goal is to create a viable Ford Motor Company and a lean global enterprise delivering profitable growth for all.

Few companies have restructured more aggressively. We have taken out excess capacity, closing 17 plants and reducing our work force by 51,000 employees. We negotiated a new contract with the UAW to improve our competitiveness. We shifted to a balanced product lineup offering high quality, proven safety and good value. We are delivering the best or among the best fuel economy with every new vehicle.

The speed and breadth of our transformation is evident by actions just this week alone:
    • Tomorrow at the Los Angeles Auto Show, we will introduce two all-new hybrids. Our new Ford Fusion Hybrid beats the Toyota Camry Hybrid by at least six miles per gallon.
    • Today, we are submitting our application for direct loans, authorized by Congress last year, to help us speed advanced technologies and vehicles to market.
    • On Friday, we end large SUV production at our Michigan Truck Plant and begin converting to fuel-efficient small car production.
    To fund our new products and restructuring, we went to the capital markets early and divested non-core assets. In addition, our Ford Credit business has consolidated abroad to preserve capital in support of our U.S. consumers and dealers. We appreciate the recently introduced asset-backed commercial paper funding facility, and anxiously await the Administration’s term securitization facility. In the same way, the FDIC’s approval of Ford Credit’s pending industrial loan bank application will enable us to meet the financial needs of our dealers and our retail customers.

As a result of all of our actions, we were profitable in the first quarter of this year and well on our way to sustainable profitability before the economic and credit crisis hit. We have taken decisive action to deal with this new reality. We have cut production. We have further reduced employment. We have eliminated raises and bonuses for 2009.

We took these measures while protecting the new vehicles that will secure our future.

Now, we believe we must join our competitors in asking for your support to gain access to an industry bridge loan that will help us navigate through this difficult economic crisis. We suggest the loans be structured in a revolving format, so exposure to the taxpayer would be limited – and, if used, would be repaid with interest.

We at Ford are hopeful that we have enough liquidity. But we also must prepare ourselves for the prospect of further deteriorating economic conditions in 2009. The domestic auto industry is highly interdependent. A collapse of one of our competitors would not only affect Ford and our transformation plan, but would have a devastating ripple effect across the economy.

I am more convinced than ever that we have the right plan to transform Ford. With your help, we will create a safeguard to deal with the growing economic uncertainty, while all of us at Ford continue to deliver on our plan to create a thriving auto business for the benefit of all of us. Thank you."

David C Bastian Jr.
    Commercial Sales Manager
    Towne Auto Group