Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama plan for the Limousine industry

Blog Entries

Default Obama plan for the Limousine industry

Now that Mr. Obama is the President elect, it looks like I can get back into the Limo business. Under Mr. Obamas plan, he cand just go out to California and take a couple of Limos and probably a nice bus from the rich and evel operator out there and give it to a poor guy like me serving a poor community. After all we do want the poor to enjoy all the benifits the rich have. Next he could go down to Louisiana to that rich and evil operator down there, take a couple of hundred touusand from him and just give it to me so that I cand have a few bucks to subsidize my loss when I am selling my services (at a reduced rate) to the poor folks in my underpliviaged community. I think this would be a fine way to redistribute the wealth and make it so I really do not have to work another day. What do you Guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Metcalf View Post
    Now that Mr. Obama is the President elect, it looks like I can get back into the Limo business. Under Mr. Obamas plan, he cand just go out to California and take a couple of Limos and probably a nice bus from the rich and evel operator out there and give it to a poor guy like me serving a poor community. After all we do want the poor to enjoy all the benifits the rich have. Next he could go down to Louisiana to that rich and evil operator down there, take a couple of hundred touusand from him and just give it to me so that I cand have a few bucks to subsidize my loss when I am selling my services (at a reduced rate) to the poor folks in my underpliviaged community. I think this would be a fine way to redistribute the wealth and make it so I really do not have to work another day. What do you Guys think?
    What do I think? I think that you are playing into the Republican's talking point about wealth re-distrubution and being less then intellectually honest. Taxation is wealth distribution - period.

Under the Bush, McCain, and Reagan plans the middle class get taxed. However, the benefit of that taxation goes to the upper class. (You have heard of the expression that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer?) Under Obama's plan some of the taxation burdon gets shifted to those in the upper economic strata ($250,000 and over/year) to reduce the taxation burdon on the middle class (nets under $200,000 per year).

If you Mr. Metcalf are netting less then $200,000/year after all deductions, set-asides, and write-offs then you would benefit under the Obama plan. On the other hand, if you are making over $250,000 per year after all deductions, set-asides, and write-offs then I'm sorry but you would have been better off under the McCain plan.

Once again, please be honest and call ALL taxes a redistribution of wealth; the only difference is if that re-distrubution is going to the upper economic or the middle/lower economic classes.

I think you should either read and be more factual ,,, or just be quiet

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Metcalf View Post
    The campaign is over. The election is over. You sound like Joe the Plumber. McCain lost.

Default Obama

Rick , You do not sound like most That I have met from N Y. Not that I think NY people are bad ,they sometimes have a different way of getting their point accross. You have broke the mold on that reply. CONGRATS. Great point

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Rick , You do not sound like most That I have met from N Y. Not that I think NY people are bad ,they sometimes have a different way of getting their point accross. You have broke the mold on that reply. CONGRATS. Great point
    And kudos to your state for doing the right thing at the polls this year. Had OH had less DiBold issues and voter apathy during the last presidential election we would be living in a totally different world right now.

Blog Entries

Default It is just a Joke Guys

Don't take it seriously. I am sure Mr. Obama will do a good job. As the "Boss" he my not always be right but he is stiil the "Boss" and I can klive with that.

I don't want to get into a debate about the merits or lack therof of income redistribution, but Rick needs to check into what 'redistribution' means as his post appears to be a bit misguided.

Redistribution is a policy which intends to 'even' the amount of money people make. It can not work backwards!

How on earth can one construe a tax hike on lower or middle class as a redistribution of wealth to the rich? Redistribution in context of taxation means taking fairly earned money and giving it to someone else who paid NO TAX or a LOWER TAX rate as a refund or through a social services stipend, thus trying to make them more 'even' to the higher wage earners.

If the few percent of Americans who pay the majority of our taxes get to keep a little bit more of their hard earned money because their tax rate is lowered a bit, that is not a redistribution. It is the opposite of a redistribution if you re-read the definition.

Do the wealthy benefit from that scenario? Absolutely. No argument there. They get to keep more of what they earned. But, getting to keep what you earned is not a re-distribution.
    Last edited by TxLimoGuy; November 7th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

For the statement "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer," that is a result of basic economic fundamentals. Quite often you will find the rich are rich because they know how to manage money and make proper investments, not to mention how hard they work. The poor get poorer because they are typically unwise in their spending habits and are unwilling to make the changes needed to better themselves. For instance, I am willing to bet that there are many "poor" people out there that have no wealth but insist on having the best, high tier digital cable available and watching it on that big screen plasma TV that they financed for 3 years because of some 0% offer. If they want to have more money available, ditch the cable and the TV and get out there and find some more work to do! That is how you build wealth. Don't expect a sack full of coins to come crashing in on your lap!

I find The Millionaire Next Door to be a very interesting and fascinating book. It reveals so much that you may not know about they wealthy, who they are and how they got there. There are also a lot of interesting statistics.

Quote from Bruce Almighty - "BE THE MIRACLE!!" In other words, if you want change, you are the one that needs to make it happen. Don't expect your friends, neighbors, or the government to be they ones that will change your life. Be responsible for yourself!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Default Laughable

Tony knows the deal for starters.

Laughable is luxury transportation owners even getting into a debate on income distribution.

Sure, lets pull expendable income from the middle & upper middle class & issue welfare checks to the Walmart crowd.

That'll sure help keep limos rolling as well as other high-end service providers in the black.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by TxLimoGuy View Post
    I don't want to get into a debate about the merits or lack therof of income redistribution, but Rick needs to check into what 'redistribution' means as his post appears to be a bit misguided.

Redistribution is a policy which intends to 'even' the amount of money people make. It can not work backwards!
    Actually, you could not be more incorrect. Just as water can flow in two directions so can wealth and the benefit of taxation. That is why Warren Buffet frequently complains about the concept of "trickle down economics" aka Reagonomics. He uses the example that his secretary has a higher effective tax rate then he does as one of the wealthiest men in America.

The middle class is currently spending (tax) dollars and getting back pennies. You can't have the upper class making dollars and hoping that pennies will trickle down.

It's all too easy for taxation to become regressive and unfairly hurt those in the lowest strata i.e. sales taxes.

That Warren Buffett analogy is a bit humorous to me....at 35% tax rate he gets down to 17% through some legal tax avoidance and pays $8 million in tax on $46 Million income.

His secretary makes $60K and is in the 30% bracket, after deductions pays somewhere between $2000-$11,000 in taxes.

Man she got hosed compared to him!
    Last edited by TxLimoGuy; November 8th, 2008 at 06:41 PM.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Default enough liberal BS already

Growing up in Ohio and being on or near the water my whole life , I have yet to see any flow UP HILL. In fact , one of the first things we learned in boy scouts was - if you get lost in the woods or mountains , always follow the water as it ALWAYS RUNS DOWNHILL.

Who cares whgat Warren Bufffet says. He is so rich , that he can afford the best money people in the world and that is how he pays no taxes.( BTW - his company has seen a 77% decline in profit )

How can a person who buys a $ 15,000 Kia be more affected by sales tax than a person that pays $ 250,000 for a Bentley ?

IF WB and BO are so rich and so concerned about the middle class taxes , why don't they give them some money ? Why do so many rich liberals claim they care about main street , but do nothing to help it ?

How about Joe Biden making 3 million and only giving $3000.00 to charity ? I gave 3 times that last year and didn't make anywhere near that amount.

If middle class taxes were the real issue , why not just give them a tax cut ? This plan to expand welfare is a scam. BO was opposed to welfare reform and this is his plan to re-instate it.

The bush tax cuts expire in 2010 - BO plans to let them expire. His plan to give a tax cut is already there. He is just going to let ix expire and then claim it as his own.

Oh yeah , the 3.9% increase on people making over $ 250,000 will become about 8% once the bush cut expires.

BO's own people have admitted that the plan is only people under $ 120,000.
    They also do not specify if the increase is on gross or net profit for small businesses. My business does over $ 250,000 in sales , but I don't make anywhere near that.

He also plans to remove the cap on employer FICA contributions.
    Eliminate depreciation.

If true and fair taxation is the real goal , then the only fair system is a consumption tax.

Real simple - anything you buy you pay 17%.
    No deductions , no cheaters , no IRS.

That is the problem. A flat or consumption tax would shrink the size and power of the governement.

We all know that is the last thing they want.

This election was a farce - over 200,000 false registrations in Ohio alone
    Black Panthers standing outside of voting stations trying to intimidate voters
    ACORN , and other operatives.

But now that the DUMS are in power , we should all just get along and support the new PREZ.
    Yeah right , it's so funny how they attack GW and Palin with outright hatred and lies ,. but now we are supposed to sit back , smile and take it up the backside without lube or even a damn reach a round.

GW was the best thing the DUMS ever had - He sold the soul of the GOP and it's time for true conservatives to take back out party.

Reach across party lines my ass.

I will not allow my country to be hijacked by Marxist followers.

Most voters don't even know what soicalism is.
    They didn't know the issues are who supported the values they believ in due to a corrupt and biased media. ( Howard Stern of all people proved that )

He is not my President - I would not salute him , shake his hand or even acknowledge his position or office.

Default Food For Thought

Chain e-mail worth reading:

As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama will be our next President, and that my taxes and fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that our customers will have to see an increase in my fees of about 8%. I will also have to Lay off six of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employees' cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of more fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know. I am sending this letter to all business owners that I know.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rick E. View Post
    That is why Warren Buffet frequently complains about the concept of "trickle down economics" aka Reagonomics. He uses the example that his secretary has a higher effective tax rate then he does as one of the wealthiest men in America.
    Wasn't our economy good the last part of Reagan, Bush, Clinton...couple of speedbumps, but over all good. I am young(er) and don't know exactly why, but everyone I have talked to seem to say it was because of Reagonomics...even the Dem's voted for him from what I hear.

Should be a interesting decade...one thing is for sure, Chicago just got a guaranteed Olympics which means revamped CTA...whohoo! Sales tax up to 20%--why not!?!?!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com