Thread: GPS software uppgrade

Cool GPS software uppgrade

Hey, guys. I have a Intial 701 model gps, I'm been looking for upgrades for the unit. I know now that the unit is discontinued ya........and it's in Krystal"s 2008 Lin. Nav. I called the manufacture they told me that I need too mail them the unit huh? is there not a cd to download on
    my computer? and plug in the usb or sd card? so now I carry both GPS and the old fashion way, a map more reliable.......so has anyone had or have the same problem?
    Fantasy Line Limousine
    352 Third Line
    Oakville,On.
    L6L 4A4

Domenic Pascarella
    (905)901-0895
    fantasyline@cogeco.ca

CARPE DIEM......Cheers.....

This might be of some help...

https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.d...03E345793C4922

Good luck.
    Karl Jones

Stop what you're doing and go to www.woot.com right now. The deal of the day is a refurbished Garmin GPS for $69+$5 shipping. You can buy up to 3 and it's still $5 shipping. These will surely be sold out tomorrow. I've purchased 2 refurb'd older Garmin 330's and they work awesome. Also, Garmin has a top notch customer service/warranty dept. They've sent me 2 base/chargers and 2 12 volt power cords for free. The woot deal comes with updated 2009 maps. Trust me, it's a great deal.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

That is a great deal on an especially good unit, Geoff.

I admit I'm a bit of a GPS junkie: I'm glad they sold out!
    Karl Jones

Karl, let me pick your brain on GPS's. I'm totally happy with the basic Garmin's I have, but I do plan on buying a newer one soon enough, or if it's not too hard, updating the maps on mine.

Actually, I'll start a new thread to share with others and not hijack this one.

www.limokings.net

Thanxs Guys, hey Karl I have a 2008 Lincoln Navigator no GM. Hey Geoff I added www.woot.com in my favorites, it looks great maybe I'll put it on my home page. hey pro don't
    woorry about hijacking ,I just did'nt see any threads on GPS, don't worry be Happy.
    Thanxs again.....Cherrs
    Fantasy Line Limousine
    352 Third Line
    Oakville,On.
    L6L 4A4

Domenic Pascarella
    (905)901-0895
    fantasyline@cogeco.ca

Domenic, you're gonna love Woot. I've bought many things from them and they've always been at great prices. Once in a while they have a "woot off" and sell more than one item per day. Be careful, it's addicting. The people on the product discussion board are really knowledgeable. The Phillips 42" LCD TV that sold out today for $750(recertified though) was an awesome deal. I bought the same TV from Costco on sale for $999 5 months ago.

I don't know if they ship to Canada though.

www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    Thanxs Guys, hey Karl I have a 2008 Lincoln Navigator no GM.
    My bad, I missed that. Was this was a standalone/aftermarket unit from Krystal?
    Karl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    My bad, I missed that. Was this was a standalone/aftermarket unit from Krystal?
    Ya, it's an aftermarket unit it cost me $1995.00 option, it's the old switcharoo.Burn me once shame on them, burn me twice, they won't get a chance!!! I called there service Dept. still waiting.

"mens regnum bona possidet" - an honest heart is a
    Kingdom in it's itself (Seneca)

Thanxs Karl.........Cherrs........
    Fantasy Line Limousine
    352 Third Line
    Oakville,On.
    L6L 4A4

Domenic Pascarella
    (905)901-0895
    fantasyline@cogeco.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    Domenic, you're gonna love Woot. I've bought many things from them and they've always been at great prices. Once in a while they have a "woot off" and sell more than one item per day. Be careful, it's addicting. The people on the product discussion board are really knowledgeable. The Phillips 42" LCD TV that sold out today for $750(recertified though) was an awesome deal. I bought the same TV from Costco on sale for $999 5 months ago.

I don't know if they ship to Canada though.
    I don't know if they ship to Canada yet, put it's another Avenue, sorry for the pun.
    They got Kingston 16GB Data flashcard today, good price. I'm saving up for a LCD TV for the office.
    I keep telling my partner that I can't see the TV across the office, my eyes are not like they were in my younger years. Ohya, my partner? it's my wife, she's 50% owner. LoL..........Cherrs
    Fantasy Line Limousine
    352 Third Line
    Oakville,On.
    L6L 4A4

Domenic Pascarella
    (905)901-0895
    fantasyline@cogeco.ca