Thread: Dreaming in Limozine

Default Dreaming in Limozine

Hey dar, howzit goin? New to this,I've always thought to operate a Rolls-Royce limosine.I think they are classic,very refined and turn heads. When you ride in a Rolls you've ridden in a real car! I drove taxi in the early 80's and loved driving everywhere. Now I've driven everything from city buses and schoolbuses to semi-tractor trailers in Chicago for 15 yrs! and know a lot more area. I know I need to learn most everything else, but I see myself as sucessful.Thank you, and have a great trip! Hopper.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

welcome!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Banned

Welcome to the Forum.

Blog Entries

ROllys Royce limousine are not meant to be driven everyday. The maintaince insurance fuel costs are high.

They are more for weekend weddings ETC. There is a reason why you don't see many of them around everyday.

Sorry to be hard on your first post. Welcome to the forum.

Senior Member Limo Padawan InTheLeftLane's Avatar

Default Welcome Hopper!

Good to see you here.
    Steven Groves
    Vice President / Silent Dispatch, Inc.

Sponsors of InTheLeftLane - Slow Traffic Keep Right!

SilentDispatch / LE has launched! - "Invitation Only Phase" now in place. Current users have invites - Make your request at www.SilentDispatch.com!

You may be better off purchasing a newer model convertible mercedeze Benz if you are after the up scale getaway wedding car business. Rolls looks good but just like any other older vehicle it will have high maintenance cost.
    A newer classy convertible will have the same appeal ,,,, and since its use will be limited to weddings then maintenance will be low.
    I know a limo company that has a Rolls Royce which is at weddings half of the year and in the gargage the other half.
    Most brides will pay top dollar for these convertible getaway vehicles

Low hit right on. If Roll Royces were popular in this industry, the industry would not be dominated by Lincoln and followed by Cadillac. You will never see a Rolls at any limo show. You know why? Because there is very little demand for them. I stress very little because every once in a blue moon, someone calls looking for one. Those that truly want one probably would pay top dollar but most people don't want to pay $140 an hour for a car that seats 4 people when they can pay $80 and take all their friends with them.

Perhaps as a hobby limo service it would be okay but outside of that, I don't see it turning a profit.

Outside of that ray of sunshine - WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Default Dreaming in Limoscene

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Low hit right on. If Roll Royces were popular in this industry, the industry would not be dominated by Lincoln and followed by Cadillac. You will never see a Rolls at any limo show. You know why? Because there is very little demand for them. I stress very little because every once in a blue moon, someone calls looking for one. Those that truly want one probably would pay top dollar but most people don't want to pay $140 an hour for a car that seats 4 people when they can pay $80 and take all their friends with them.

Perhaps as a hobby limo service it would be okay but outside of that, I don't see it turning a profit.

Outside of that ray of sunshine - WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
    I guess thats why I wrote, or blogged. I still like them, and by the way, isn't that what most specialty limo services are? No, I suppose they aren't.They're still nice. Is there a clone that you can drive every day or in rain ,snow, sleet ?