Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with rear heating

Blog Entries

Default Problems with rear heating

I have 2005 lincoln towncar stretch 120'' build by royal. I have a problems with a rear heting. It is not blowing hot air at all. When i turn it on it is just blowing normal air. I dont have any problems with a/c. Is anybody knows what is the problem. Thank you.
    David
    www.chicagolimo.net

Blog Entries

It's probably the heat actuator not shifting positions to allow antifreeze flow into the rear heater core. Not sure on your car but this could be located under the hood by the heater core/hoses or it could be located behind the front passenger seat area. Look for a vacuum or mechanical pod with two heater hoses connected to it and check to see if it is opening and closing.

sound like the acctuator. In my car it was under the hood on the pass side of the car, turn the rear heat on the go tap on it, you will see it move, you have heat.

I have a 2007 dodge charger 140 and I'm having the same problem with heating in the rear of the car. Not blowing hot air only cool air. I don't have a problem with my air conditioner. If it is heat actuator where is it located at. I tried calling royal coach but I got no response. Plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

We had the same problem with our Charger. It was the heater control valve.

We also had Royal in LA build our car, but I don't feel this was their problem. We used the local Dodge dealer and they replaced that valve and everything is fine now.

FYI Royal Coach Builders AKA Royal by Victor in LA are no longer in business. Where are you located ? I can recommend a local limo repair place that we have had glitches taken care of on our Charger and Hummer that Royal built for us if you are near Modesto CA.

Frustrating, Huh? To have a brand new vehicle and then not have things working properly, and unless you're "Digger" who can do it all, we need to rely on outside help.
    Have you seen the pictures of the bus he built??? No way could my guys tackle something like that, but they sure have gotten to be better mechanics through this limousine experience. You should see how fast they can change the serpentine belt now---on the side of the road if necessary!!! haha

Good luck.
    Kathy
    City Heat

Default Hummer H3 140 LimeLight

I'me from Belgium and my limo has the same problem. (no rear heating, only cold air)
    Does anybody know where the heat actuator is located or what the problem can be?

Thank you,
    Tom

On my Tiffany stretch this can happen when the heater hasn't been used for a bit and the actuator gets stuck. On my car it is under the hood on the passenger side towards the front, sort of by itself attached to the side of the engine compartment. If I tap it with my wedding ring it unsticks and kicks on the heat in the rear.

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Default back heat problems

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    It's probably the heat actuator not shifting positions to allow antifreeze flow into the rear heater core. Not sure on your car but this could be located under the hood by the heater core/hoses or it could be located behind the front passenger seat area. Look for a vacuum or mechanical pod with two heater hoses connected to it and check to see if it is opening and closing.
    Digger this site is AWESOME! I was looking for a solution to my same problem. Just got the heater core replaced and the front up to 85 degrees but no heat to rear. And here you are again helping us out! Thank's Digger! You will get it in 10 folds!
    Jaleigh

Default problems with rear heat

Thank's digger I was logging on to see what I can do with this same problem!!! I knew you would know where to look first!
    Jaleigh

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site, glad you like it.

Are you the lady that called last week with the heater core questions?

Rear heat could be several things... control valve not opening, not enough coolant in the system, fuse in the rear control panel, bad temp switch in the rear of the car. Check these things out and start eliminating the possible problems.

Default Shut Off Valve

Rear heat could be several things... control valve not opening, not enough coolant in the system, fuse in the rear control panel, bad temp switch in the rear of the car. Check these things out and start eliminating the possible problems.
    Don't forget that many coachbuilders put a shut-off valve in the hot water hose to prevent seepage that makes the a/c more less effective in the summer.

Member Limo Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    On my Tiffany stretch this can happen when the heater hasn't been used for a bit and the actuator gets stuck. On my car it is under the hood on the passenger side towards the front, sort of by itself attached to the side of the engine compartment. If I tap it with my wedding ring it unsticks and kicks on the heat in the rear.

I knew keeping my wedding ring handy would be useful someday!
    Steve

Yes Digger I am the lady that called you. You told me about this site and every free minute I get I sit here for hours learning!!! SO now I don't have to call you just ask here at the forum.
    Jaleigh
    Last edited by Jaleigh; December 18th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.

Senior Member Limo Padawan vipentertainment's Avatar

another thing i just found was the thermostat. the vehicle always seemed to heat fine and the engine temp seemed to run ok but while monitoring the temp on obd it was only heating to 160 degrees. changed thermostats and all is better...
    Chad Ingwersen
    VIP Transportation
    www.viptransportation1.com

Digger,
    Where would a person look for the rear control panel and the rear temp. switch? In the trunk, or behind the passanger seat in the front of the car? I know that it maybe different with each vehicle, but the area's to look.
    Thank's jaleigh