Thread: Greetings from Martin in L.A.

Default Greetings from Martin in L.A.

Hello everyone!
    Greeting from Martin in Los Angeles, Ca

I'm a small operator in Los Angeles with a white 200'' stretch H2 and a 180'' stretch Navigator.

I've been exposed to the limo business for about ten years now with friends who are either drivers or owner/operators.

Been in business for myself for the last two years and have had very nice results.
    Lots of ups and downs but overall very nice results.

With our economy in crisis I've been going downhill, tried many things to keep afloat. One thing I know works very good is networking, although I've been a member of limos.com for about a year I hadn't tried this forum.
    I figured now is a good time to network with you-members of limos.com and make new contacts as well as new friends.

I hope to be in contact very soon.

Martin in L.A.
    (562)8185549
    http://luxuriouslimousine.com

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Martin. Times are tough for most operators right now. The main thing is to try to get steady corporate work to keep you afloat, after that the rest becomes pure profit. I am working on that myself but it is slowly coming around!

Good luck to you!

Blog Entries

Stretch Suv Limo work is slow.

Towncar work is always steady. At least the big limos are still moving once a week. Move into a different direction within the transportation world. I got into the bus side of business back in April 08. And love it. Steady weekday business. The big suv limos that we have are good for one day a week only now. Just hang in there.
    Last edited by LIMOJESS; October 17th, 2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Limojess, question for you. What exactly kind of work are you getting for your bus during the week thats keeping you busy? We are in the process of picking one up now and know it will be booked every weekend but am trying to figure out which direction to go to market it for weekday work. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Basically it is long charters. Don't get me wrong, I love our super stretch suv limos but it is not generating enough income and seems to go out less than other cars. The towncars are still the way to go. They go out everyday and corporate clients want nothing else.

The bus charter is also for corporate clients mainly but we get tour groups from China, Thailand etc and long charters. For example our 24 pass went to Portland today morning and is coming back later in the evening. So you get all this long charter work. And also they do the normal Saturday charters too. Like homecoming, night on the town and wine tours. I just booked another bus next Friday for a wedding dinner reherseal and the actual hummer limo for the wedding on Saturday.

Then there is the local short shuttle that we do for a company everyday. We do two trips in the morning and two in the evening. We pick up the office staff from an offsite parking and bring them to the office and the same thing in the evening.

On every Sundays we have one bus doing a church run from a senior home.

I don't have any limo busses and do not plan one for any time soon. A nicely equipeed shuttle bus is what I have. They cost about $65,000 brand new fully loaded and I am in the process to order my 4th bus next month. I have one old and two brand new right now. I like Krystal but Ameritrans is much cheaper and the same thing.

With the down economy the sedan work is still there. At least fuel is cheaper now.

Check out your area, the bus companies are always growing and there is a reason why. It takes time to build the bus divison. I am still trying to promote it.
    Last edited by LIMOJESS; October 17th, 2008 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenOnWheels View Post
    Welcome to the forum Martin. Times are tough for most operators right now. The main thing is to try to get steady corporate work to keep you afloat, after that the rest becomes pure profit. I am working on that myself but it is slowly coming around!

Good luck to you!
    I've never tried the corporate side of the limo industry. How is it you're making it work for you? word of mouth? ads?

Most of our work during the week-mon. thru fri. has to do with airports and transfers, not much else

Senior Member Limo Padawan InTheLeftLane's Avatar

Welcome Martin! You'll like the forum here too - very active and lots of smart guyz and galz.
    Steven Groves
    Vice President / Silent Dispatch, Inc.

Sponsors of InTheLeftLane - Slow Traffic Keep Right!

SilentDispatch / LE has launched! - "Invitation Only Phase" now in place. Current users have invites - Make your request at www.SilentDispatch.com!