Thread: Salutations!

Default Salutations!

Greetings everyone
    My name is James Beasley

I run a small company in Dallas, TX Called- Limo Hearse

www.LimoHearse.com

I started this company 2 1/2 years ago.
    Have been surprisingly successful, and has been a very interesting ride to say the least..

The name pretty much says it all. Spent my life savings customizing several hearses giving them a limousine style setup in the rear including; seating, AC/heat, bar, mood lights, fog machines, DVD/CD players to name a few.

Most of the "big" expense went into rewiring, electrical work, dual battery setup, larger alternators, power inverters, electronic ignitions, (Older model Hearses) running AC lines with separate compressors, then having to change them over to 134a (again.. older Hearses)
    Shocks, springs, suspension work, and a whole lot of other stuff I have forgotten on purpose

I'm not sure how these introductions work, so here is a brief bio of who I am:

It all started 1999 when I graduated the Dallas Institute of Funeral Service.
    I became a licensed embalmer / Funeral Director, and started working at a local funeral home in Dallas, TX. Not too long after serving my apprenticeship, I started getting strange calls from kids, wanting to rent the funeral home hearse for prom. (That's where the enitial idea came from)

This idea started as a side project, that kind of leaked out into the public. Soon there were a lot of people in Dallas who wanted to ride in a Limo Hearse. So much in fact I had to have a back up. That back up soon went into a reinovation period becomming just as popular as the original.

About a year after I started renting each hearse out Limo Hearse was already on the TV news, cover of calendars, radio, and doing events for move companies, celebrities etc.

I've been searching the forums , and reading several post within the last couple of months, and have gotten a lot of great advice on insurance, business plans, and a lot of other information, that I never would have thought of in the begginng.

So this post is not just an introduction of who I am, but also a thank you for those who have spent their time and energy sharing their words of wisdom.

I've noticed several others who have had the same idea in starting a
    limo hearse / hearse limo company, and I think that is great!
    Can not wait to converse with you, and share ideas.

So there is my intro, and it feels great to finally be a part of this message board.

Thanks for reading

Hi LH,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are a few of you guys out there. I would put a strong web/social media marketing program in place - the younger crowd will appreciate your product.

I checked out your site - I really like the 69 Caddy - nicely done!

Good luck and be well!
    Matt Harrison
    908-296-3951
    Limousine
    Industry Consultant

http://goodwillguy.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

Yo James !! Welcome !! I'm Premier Limousine of Dayton... you can find me on your friends list on MySpace.

BTW, I used to have a few hearses... the 1967 Superior had the flame-thrower exhaust on it.

I knew your avatar looked familiar!
    I remember looking at your hearse, and wondering if the flames were real or not. I guess that answers that question.
    Nice job. I would have loved to see it in person.

Blog Entries

Oh yea, they were real... even had the bubbled paint on the back to prove it.

Semi stacks cut and welded + an HEI distributor behind the bumper + hand-choke added + 1 spark plug in each pipe = F I R E ! ! !

I love what you are doing and it's made me think of getting another hearse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Limo Padawan InTheLeftLane's Avatar

Hello Jim and welcome to the forums! I too visited your site (as noted in the 'reason for editing' - neat feature) and liked the pics. I had a prob with the video though...
    Last edited by InTheLeftLane; August 29th, 2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Visited site / wanted to comment on it
    Steven Groves
    Vice President / Silent Dispatch, Inc.

Sponsors of InTheLeftLane - Slow Traffic Keep Right!

SilentDispatch / LE has launched! - "Invitation Only Phase" now in place. Current users have invites - Make your request at www.SilentDispatch.com!

Is there still a problem with the video?
    Let me know, and I will have my web designer look at it.