Thread: Hello Everyone... Newbie here

Default Hello Everyone... Newbie here

I am thinking of getting into the limousine business to supplement our formalwear/bridal shop in Philadelphia area. We currently have 4-10 bookings a month and outsource it to a few select companies, but would love to increase profits by using our own. I've talked to many people about starting a limousine company and but still have not made a decision on whether or not to keep outsourcing or buy our own. We haven't bought a car yet, but we are looking into a 20 pass escalade hybrid. It would be that or with the money buy 2 used cars... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Blog Entries

Because you are already in the wedding supply business you do have a leg up on most people just starting out. You mentioned increasing profit by getting into the Limo business. Well that may not be the case. If you are making 10 to 20% off the work you are farming out already this may be the better of the two options.

The Limo business is much more than just weddings. I would suggest if you were to buy anything, it would be at least 24 passenger bus. Much easier for the Bride to enter and exit and a lot more room for people to move around in.

Another person you may want to consider is Grand Ma and Grand Pa. There is nothing worse than watching Grand Ma crawling on her hands and knees down the isle of a stretch.

Good points, Dave. Based upon other posts here on the Forum, it sounds like obtaining operating authority in Pennsylvania is difficult and complicated. If you are only outsourcing 4 - 10 bookings a month and you are heavily engaged in the bridal business, you should consider your leap into the limousine business very carefully. My advice is to read all the historical (or is that hysterical?) posts on the Forum as your first step in researching this opportunity before you even think about purchasing a vehicle. The easiest thing to do in this business is to buy a vehicle. You may think you know all about bridezillas, but they are nothing compared to drunken partiers calling at all hours of the night, puking in your cars, intimidating your chauffeurs, damaging your cars, etc. etc. This is not a business that you waltz into for a storybook business expansion. Just fair warning.
    Marc Rold
    Wild Horse Limousine
    www.wildhorselimo.com

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Like Adam says, read all the posts here. There is so much information that has been repeated over the years. The 2009 hybrid stretch is still being looked at. I do not believe that anyone has stretched one yet.

I would not buy a stretch 20 pass plus limo. Too much complications if the hybrid part after being stretched, i do not now where to start.

I would suggest looking at a brand new white 14 pass suv limo. In most cities you do not need a CDL to drive one. Plus most wedding parties are only 12 People group.

Good luck on the business

Blog Entries

One search of YouTube was all it took to find a puker in a limo, LOL!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyF0X7bxc0U[/ame]

If you're ready to see what they really do after they buy a wedding dress, go for it and welcome to the forum!

Blog Entries

Just had a puke incident happened On Sunday. Luckily was on the runner mat. My detailer took this week off and it is raining since Sunday. Guess who has to clean it. (ME!!) I am thinking of just presure washing the mat. Makes Sense. My driver actually pulled it out and let the thunder showers take care of the mess. Was a bad one this time as they had to call the EMT from the side of the freeway @ 2AM.

Thanks everyone, I will continue reading the forum...

Blog Entries

Pukers... been there, done that and charged them for it.