Thread: Any National Insurance Companys???

Junior Member Limo Padawan

I read through most of the Insurance forums but there really doesn't seem to be any recommended Insurance Companys.

Lancer and American Country are a couple of the big limo insures. Contact your local Independent Insurance agent (not your State Farm or Allstate Guy) for information. Also contact your State DOT or what ever agency that regulates Limos in your State to see what the limits are (usually 1 Million or 1.5 millionif you plan on doing interstate) then stand by for STICKER SHOCK!!!!!!
    David E. Merrill

Originally posted by RVJONES:
    I read through most of the Insurance forums but there really doesn't seem to be any recommended Insurance Companys.
    RV expect to pay between $4,000 and $7,000 per year per vehicle that is if they will write a first year startup.

It's called, "they got you by the short hairs when it comes to commercial insurance".

This should be the number 1 priority to be addressed by all associations instead of boohooing about gas guzzler and paying the employees OT.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Hey David, thanks for the reply. What do you mean by interstate?? Local insurance people are telling me insurance coverage can be what I want. 30/60k,
    50/100k, 500k/1M, etc. Of course I will choose not to be underinsured........

Ok, I was told wrong, NC does require 1.5M Liability. Local quote so far is $1525.00/year.

Working on the Collision/Comp. One quote is 5k/year for a new Chrysler.

Interstate means you will be taking Clients across state lines. Intrastate means you will just be operating with in your home state.

You might want to check with USDOT for a USDOT number, you can apply on line, cost $350.00 but that is just a start. That does not mean you are in business yet. You still have to get a State Authority and that is where the fun really begins.
    David E. Merrill

Originally posted by RVJONES:
    Ok, I was told wrong, NC does require 1.5M Liability. Local quote so far is $1525.00/year.

Working on the Collision/Comp. One quote is 5k/year for a new Chrysler.
    I think that quote is wrong. I know established operators in NC that are paying over 4k per year per vehicle.

NC First year insurance w/1.5 and collision cost me around 4 grand. Moved to SC & each year I've added vehicles, the rate has decreased per vehicle. Currently insuring 5 vehicles for less than 3 grand per car, but they are all used vehicles. Loss runs are 0. You probably will be around 4-5 grand for 1 stretch.
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.