Thread: Insurance Robbery in NY

In the past two weeks on getting Insurance and plates for limo our company in NY has been the most horrendous experiences that I ever had in my seven years in this business. The guys in New York know what I’m talking about. Now here is my situation, I have no claims in the past 4 years (not even a small fender Bender) a clean record for years. One insurance company ( CGU ) stops writing Limo insurance for the state of NY. My broker goes out and gets quotes from the other companies like TBI comes back with an increase of $5,000 per limo. Now they are major player in the NY market so why not increase the premiums so it put a lot of companies out business. Most of my close associates are in this problem, they are with CGU going to TBI/MBI increase of $5,000.00 per limo just because they where not with them from previous years. This is legalized robbery by the Insurance industry. Thank god for the people over at Capacity Coverage for all their hard work. My premium only went up $100.00 per limo, a reasonable increase.
    We are interested on here what these insurance have to say, I know they will not respond to or anything along the line of PRICE FIXING.

What is your e-mail? I would really be interested in talking to you.

Remember the U.S. Congress - that organization that gives us the best laws that "money can buy" every year - well, a long time ago the Congress exempted insurance companies from the antitrust laws. So to complain about price-fixing is nothing at all, it's poerfectly legal. If you have a complaint, take it to your Congressmen who are pimping for the insurance industry, as well as the banks. They will pimp for the ground transportation industry, too - if you wave enough money at them. At least Congress is full of indiscriminate pimps

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

James, I hope you are not telling me to go Complain to congress. As a small business I do not have the funds to buy a congressmen. Maybe other companies do. As Know from NY Hillary is a big ticket item, You know a house, a pardon etc.

Cameo email is goodtimenyc@aol.com

This is bigger than I thought it was !!
    Congressmen, payoffs. Price fixing ??
    I thought Insurance Companies where regulated ?
    Did any one else have these problems in NYC/ Long Island Area ?

Sal
    Studio One Limo

Junior Member Limo Padawan

I think that somehow, NLA or the limousine industry needs to create an industry based insurance program.
    Limousine insurance comapany made up of limousine operators.
    As far as the NY markets goes, its becoming a nightmare for small operators.
    How far is this gonna go?
    City Sedans & Limousines Transportation
    www.e-limousine.net

Originally posted by LondonFX4:
    I think that somehow, NLA or the limousine industry needs to create an industry based insurance program.
    Limousine insurance comapany made up of limousine operators.
    As far as the NY markets goes, its becoming a nightmare for small operators.
    How far is this gonna go?
    City Sedans & Limousines Transportation
    www.e-limousine.net
    Considering this thread is over 4 years old, we probably already know where it... went...
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466

LondonFX4,

If you are readin this please be considerate of other members here and do not reply to messages that are more than 30 days old. You have been dredging up posts from years ago more than once....Thanks!
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Junior Member Limo Padawan

This is an open forum. Indivduals and companies are free to post and reply to old and existing issues.
    Obviously you are not in NY and you have limited insight as to what operators go through Cowboy.
    Next, you should worry about what concerns you, and not worry about regulating the room with authority--unless you host the site.

Hey, post away - we welcome all inputs here. My comment was not on the topic of your post but on the fact that you have been replying in a couple of folders to posts from 2-4 years ago.

Just an FYI that it is generally frowned upon here to dredge up old posts. You'll get better responses from the helpful folks here by creating a new thread with the relevant issue. Happy posting and welcome to the forum.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Hey NY,
    Not taking sides on the subject of replying to old threads. There are many old posts covering subject material that is still relevant today that needs to be addressed by fresh voices. If you run across such, simply start a new thread about it with your added insight and concerns. Then if someone complains that a certain subject was covered in previous threads, ignore them.

Now my question is how all this got started under the "Consumer" forum?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Now my question is how all this got started under the "Consumer" forum?
    Not anymore -- topic just moved.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...