Thread: Coach builder

I'm looking to purchase a new lincoln 120", can you tell me who's the #1 limo builder? Craftsmanship, materials, customer service. I'm in the southern california area. Is it a problem if the builder is out of state?

Congrats on the start up!

First, I hope you made it to the LCT 2000 show in Las Vegas, last week. That would have made a good start.

Anyway, I don't believe it matters where the builder is, but you should choose a car that has a good support system in place.

Fortunately, you have three major builders right here in your own backyard: Tiffany is in Corona, Krystal is in Brea on Imperial Hwy., and Classic is in Fountain Valley right off the 405 freeway. Then so far as dealers you have Executive at CoachWest in Carson, and US Coachworks at Limousine Network Sales in Huntington Beach. So you are in a pretty good place if you want to start locally.

Good Luck!
    Karl

Forget to mention about the best coachbuilder.

That is pretty difficult, because I feel that most offer a very good product. Some may disagree, but here are my own observations based on considering a 120" stretch.

If you are primarily interested in party cars, then Classic has to lead the parade. They build a lot of "ooh" appeal in there cars, but they do appear to hold up well. Followed very closely by Krystal, darn near a tie for me. Both are very innovative. Executive and Royal are very solid cars which are plush but practical with quality throughout. US Coachworks builds an interior that is functional and sleek with the lexan console. Their cars seem a little less cluttered to me. DaBryan was long a favorite of private owners here with a lot of rich woods and thick carpeting. You could be in the owners stateroom of a luxury yacht, but they rested on their laurels and let everyone else scoop them here in SoCal. Don't overlook Tiffany and the newcomer Destiny. These guys mean business, too.

To summarize:

Party car: Classic, Krystal, Tiffany
    Conservative: Executive, US, Royal, Da Bryan
    Of course, each builder offer a number of different models and it is very much a reality that any car could be utilized for any role. Our next stretch may possibly be a Classic, US, or Tiffany. Why? These are the builders with 120" single window cars which I personally think look very nice.

Hopefully the other members here will give their coachbuilder opinions, too!

Good Luck!
    Karl

I just wanted to share my thoughts about limo manufactures. I don't care for krystal because I owned one of their cars, and it was a piece of junk. The inside fell apart because of cheap parts, and materials. I flew all the way out their, just to get a new one back in 1995. I had nothing, but problems. I think that I could have paid the kids down at the local chop shop, half the price for a better car. The biggest problem that I had, was with the AC system. It's made with GM, Ford, Chrysler and some other auto makers parts. Which cost me over 3 thousand dollars to get it fixed, because of the cheap way that they went about it in the first place. I could go on and on about them, they don't stand by their products nor care about their customers.
    I live right by Royale limousine In Mass. They make a good cars. Very solid and practical, Their limos are good to put miles on. The new ones have great AC systems, but I would have to say that the best car on the road today is a DaBryant.Hope that helps you out some.... Keith

I have used Vic Pena with Royal Coachbuilders. He has been around a lot longer than crystal coach and he stands behind his workmanship. He has a lifetime guarantee on his work and if you have any problems he will fix it with no hassles unlike some other coachbuilders. he is also reasonably priced and located in Orange California.

I have had two vehicles from Executive Coach Builders in Springfield that have been excellent, I had one totally repainted after five years by Federal Coach in Fort Smith AK and they did a superb job at a good price. But my best is by O'Gara Hess and Eisenhardt in Fairfield Ohio, now five years old and going great. Only one problem since they built it and resolved the next day.
    Good luck Dick