Thread: new transmission/vibration

Just put a new transmission in a 1995 120" Lincoln & have a vibration at around 55mph. Should it be shimmed to distribute the weight toward one side? What do I tell the transmission shop??

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nicole:
    Just put a new transmission in a 1995 120" Lincoln & have a vibration at around 55mph. Should it be shimmed to distribute the weight toward one side? What do I tell the transmission shop??

Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicole check your driveshaft for the vibration. 90 percent of the time that is where your vibration will come from on a limousine.

Wade Randolph

Nicole, you don't say what miles the car has covered, check out the universal joints and the mounting brackets on the drive train, the most suspect parts on high miles cars are the UJ's however I have seen a bracket break before today so while you are under there check them.

i had the same problem on my 1995 120". I shimmed the front carrier bearing and the vibration stopped. The drive line might be off, after years of use limos start to sag which can cause your drive line to go out, you want to get it back to a straight line.