View Poll Results: Folks,

Its that time again when gas prices are surging to the point where fuel dependent industrie

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • We are changing our prices to reflect the higher gas costs.

2 12.50%
  • We have instituted a temporary *surcharge*

3 18.75%
  • We have no plans to change prices or institute surcharges.

2 12.50%
  • We are reviewing alternatives but have made no decisions.

9 56.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surging Gas Prices; What are you to do?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Merrill:
    Think about this: In the 60's (the good old days) the price of a gallon of Gasoline was $0.339 or less in may places. The price of a Qt of top of the line motor oil (Shell X 100 multigrade 10w30) was $0.65. A qt of oil was twice the price of a gallon of gas. Today the price of a gallon of gas is nearly $2.00 per gallon while you can buy a qt of top of the line oil for about $1.25. The price of the quart of oil is just a litte over 1/2 the price of a gallon of gasoline. Aside from fuel taxes, why has Gas gone up but oil went down. Last time I checked they all came from the same hole in the ground. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just something to think about here. Do you realize we pay more for bottled water than gasoline? Think of the costs involed in drilling and refining gasoline. The real crooks are the ones getting a buck for a 12 ounce bottle of water.

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Adam, I didnt have exact fiqures on tax here but i think with federal and state we are about 55 to 60 per gallon. i`m just frustrated here in ny with all the b.s fees here, they doubled all dmv registration fees, added a tire surcharge, i got to wonder whats next here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ADAM:
    Jason D-
    FYI New York's state tax on gasoline is 22.6 cents per gallon, lower than eighteen other states' taxes.

We monitor our fuel costs per vehicle per mile, by the month, by the calendar year and over the life of the vehicle. It is a significant part of our operating expenses and we will be adding a 5% surcharge when our fuel costs reach
    $2 per gallon. Fortunately they are not there quite yet.

Marc Rold
    Wild Horse Limousine <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean about the water. I went to the little 8 oz bottle rather than the 500 ML bottle. At least there is not as much waste of that $8.00 per gallon stuff.

How many times have you cleaned out the back of the Limo and found all of thoes 500 ML bottles with just one swollow out of them. At least with the 8 oz bottles they are empty. These cost me about $0.20 per bottle at GFS food service or about $3.20 per gallon of something I can get from the Tap for free.
    David E. Merrill

Gee, it all seems quiet on this post from all those who run Hummers etc ! Anyone know what the cost to fill up one of the monsters was BEFORE the fuel hike as opposed to now ? I would have thought the owners would be crying all the way to the bank by now, it must have hit their margins hard. Comments ?

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Wade & David:

About the water - SO TRUE! Maybe we should start charging the "EVIAN SURCHARGE". Heheheehe.

If my wife were reading your post David, she would chastise you. I got yelled at for wanting to purchase those little coke cans instead of the regular size bottles. I stated it was cheaper, but she pointed out that the 'per unit' or 'per liter' or per something charge was cheper with the big ones, so we would end up spending double then if we just buy the large ones. Sad thing it is true. Probabbly why I leave the accounting to her. And the shopping.

Jim