View Poll Results: Folks,

Its that time again when gas prices are surging to the point where fuel dependent industrie

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • We are changing our prices to reflect the higher gas costs.

2 12.50%
  • We have instituted a temporary *surcharge*

3 18.75%
  • We have no plans to change prices or institute surcharges.

2 12.50%
  • We are reviewing alternatives but have made no decisions.

9 56.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surging Gas Prices; What are you to do?

The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

Premium here in Phoenix is 1.99 a gallon. The cheaper grade is 1.79 -- I heard the CA prices today on the radio. Chicago is also above $2 from what I hear.

- M

Member Limo Padawan

How about Insurance!!! Mine went from $7,000 to $9,400 yr. When times are slow, at least I'm not using gas... but the Insurance bill just keeps on comming. My prices had to go up a little

Patty - SC&L

$0.90CAN / litre (regular)
    $3.60CAN / US Gal.
    $2.40US / US Gal

Never thought you Yanks would pay as much as we do without shooting someone after a while...

To change my tarrifs is a 6 month process, and surcharges like the one you propose is illegal for Motor Carrier companies here.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466

Well in 1 day, prices jumped 10-15 cents ... now I see it at $2.09 and $2.15

Shell Mid Grade, (My 97s run just fine on it) $1.89 per gallon. In Michigan we have the fortune of receiving a $0.19 per gallon fuel tax rebate. I just converted my Shell Chase credit card over to a Shell Citi Credit card and receive 10% rebate for the next 60 days. Pay the bill in full each month, no finance charge. Bottom line $1.52 per gallon for Shell Mid Grade. The only problem is, it has been so cold here in Northern Michigan, no one wants to rent Limos. Got one heack of a deal but not burninig a lot of fuel to take advantage of it. suppose to warm up by end of week, hope things turn around.

David E. Merrill
    David E. Merrill

Oh Boy, wait till you guys are paying $5 plus for a gallon like us in the U.K. the big difference is this, when all the fighting is over and prices go down on your side of the water We will still be paying way over the odds for gas because we are ripped off by excessive tax on fuel by our Government here. 90% of our gas price is TAX !

Time for some of those third world countries to disappear-as an American( Not a Civilian ) I feel that it is time to show them what happens what one @#@@#$% with the bull. Well, they get the horn as well they should. We are dealing with primitives and I fully support the US GOVT and Uncle Sam for whatever they need to do.

Dean Schuler
    Dean Schuler

A quickie for Dean :

"Why do they put bells round the necks of cows ?"

Because their HORNS don't work !

(he,he) sorry bout that, just wanted you to lighten up Dean.

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Here in North central Tx.I'm paying $1.57 a us gal. It did reach $1.69 for a while but it dropped back down to $1.57 . I can remember at one time gas was at $0.26 a gallon.I also agree about the insurance rates. I went from $2,800 per vehicle 3 yrs ago. Was quoted $12,000 per unit this year. No claims or tickets. I dropped the Taxi and went limo. This years insurance was $3200 per unit. I also remember in the 70's when the gas prices went sky high. So called fuel shortages. In Houston the fuel storage tanks were full (sourse from people working at the refineries)and tankers in the Gulf of Mexico couldn't unload.Does that sound like a shortage to you? Could history be repeating itself? later G. W. Pickle

G.W.PICKLE
    GARY W. WILLIAMS

Member Limo Padawan

I just filled up one of my sedans here in Northern California at a whopping $2.29 a gallon. We added a fuel charge temporarily to help offset the costs. I also heard that gas may go up as high as $3 a gallon by June. OUCH!!!

Senior Member Limo Padawan

After watching the nightly news this evening, I began thinking about instituting a fuel surcharge. I found this old thread; how does everyone go about adding this charge, do you roll it into your quoted price, break it down on the invoice? How much of a surcharge are you adding if you are currently adding a fuel surcharge?

Jim

Jim
    Jim

This thread gets live every 8 months or so ... there is definitely a pattern!

Seems many impose surcharges vs raise prices.

Michael

Ours just jumped up to 73.9 cents a litre and I thought that was a rip off. Now I feel so much better that everybody else is getting ripped off too!!!
    Hey Alan, in regards to $5.00
    "I love my country ~its the government I'm afraid of" .
    Or, as the other saying goes "it's their sandbox~we just get to play in it".

Daryl Frenette, Premier Limousine Services Ltd.Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
    Daryl Frenette, Premier Limousine Services Ltd.Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

We use a surcharge that is a percentage of the fare. Currently 5%, will be 7% Monday. It's pretty easy to explain to the client. We simply state that the surcharge allows us to temporarily adjust our revenue to compensate for short term increases in the cost of doing business.

Everyone understands that we are all here for a profit.

Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ
    Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ