Thread: j-seat removal

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

So as many can probably tell from my couple of posts, I am new at this business. I realize it is probably pretty basic, but here's my question anyways.

How do I go about removing the J-seat in a 2000 Lincoln Krystal 120" (I would like to check out seatbelt attachments and would like to add subwoofer box/amp)? I'm mechanically inclined, but I thought I would ask first in case anyone has any easy tips.

Thanks in advance,
    Rich Rottier
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Digger detailed it here:

J Seat Removal

Dont know if that will apply to your year but give it a try.

Hey if you are handy with a digital camera take some pics of you removing it for future reference.

Good Luck!
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Originally posted by cedarmill:
    So as many can probably tell from my couple of posts, I am new at this business. I realize it is probably pretty basic, but here's my question anyways.

How do I go about removing the J-seat in a 2000 Lincoln Krystal 120" (I would like to check out seatbelt attachments and would like to add subwoofer box/amp)? I'm mechanically inclined, but I thought I would ask first in case anyone has any easy tips.

Thanks in advance,
    Rich Rottier
    Digger says the Krystal models are bolted in. I had a 2001 Tiffiny and all you had to do was lift and slide it out. But you had to do it hard enough to think that you were doing it wrong.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

thank you, I did a search on here but didn't find what you linked, Steve, thank you.
    Rich Rottier

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Start at the passenger door, look at start of J Seat, small panel by footwell, carpetted normally, remove or feel for screw, undo it, remove panel, feel round under J seat for more screws, remove then remove seat, job done ...
    Its actually very very easy, just got to get in there and find them screws.
    http://www.squireslimousines.co.uk Limo Hire Northampton
    http://www.a-pink-limo.co.uk Pink Limo Hire Northamptonshire
    http://www.limo-hire-kettering.co.uk Limo Hire

Originally posted by cedarmill:

Thanks in advance,
    Rich Rottier
    Soooooooo...did you ever get teh J seat removed? And how hard was it? Just wondering

Blog Entries

Yep, Krystal screws the J-seat in, Tiffany just pops into place.

You should find screws in the cover plates, remove the cover plate screw and look for one or two screws going upward going through the metal frame and into the bottom wood of the lower section of the J-seat. You will need to remove one cover plate from the rear and one from the front (TIP: look for the cover plate screws around the floor A/C vents).

Next time I crawl in the limo Ill see if I can get some pictures of those screws. I have a 1998 Krystal 120"

Sorry,

Haven't gotten to it yet-all of the sudden we have water coming in from front passenger side. I think we got that fixed, will have to wait until beginning of next week to play with J seat.
    Rich Rottier

Okay, finally got to it last night. Unfortunately the screws for trim panels were carpeted over so not even magnet could detect. The J seat screws from bottom of seat (wood) through frame is more like a bolt (stud). One bolt in front and one bolt in back. Piece of cake.

Not much room for sub and amp though. I'm going to have A/V guys look at it later (little brother and one of my good friends).

Thanks for all your help.
    Rich Rottier

This is an ancient post, but I am wondering where on the seat bottom should I start pulling to get out a Tiffany J-Seat? On the end, on the back side by the curve, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Default Krystal J seat removal

New to forum, thanx for any help. How did you finally remove J seat from Krystal Limo?

Allyn Pier
    Pier 1 Limo
    West Palm Beach
    Last edited by Pier1Limo; August 4th, 2015 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pier1Limo View Post
    New to forum, thanx for any help. How did you finally remove J seat from Krystal Limo?

Allyn Pier
    Pier 1 Limo
    West Palm Beach
    Allyn, I think you may have called me - did you get it out?
    Rich Rottier