Thread: 1989 engine needed in the uk

Senior Member Limo Padawan

can anyond help me save my 1989 lincoln please, i need to find a doner car for the engine and transmision in the uk at a nice price.

i dont want to let this old girl die

www.1stlincslimo.co.uk

Why not just order an engine rebuild kit? Unless you've completetly destroyed the engine block or the crankshaft it should be completely rebuildable by any competent machine shop and mechanic. That is probably the most economical method. Your other option of course is to buy a used engine and ship it over(I don't know if I would do that though). Again, there are reputable machine shops in Canada or the States that probably have one sitting on the shelf that you could order from if you are willing to soak up the core charge. It doesn't sound like an inexpensive option no matter which one you pursue. Another option is to remember that a limousine is only a tool to make money and maybe this is time to upgrade the equipment. Raise your prices slightly to compensate for the loss of your limousine, amortize that price over time and come out ahead with a more modern service that will earn you more money. Good luck.

Daryl Frenette, Premier Limousine Services Ltd.Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
    Daryl Frenette, Premier Limousine Services Ltd.Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daryl:
    Why not just order an engine rebuild kit? Unless you've completetly destroyed the engine block or the crankshaft it should be completely rebuildable by any competent machine shop and mechanic. That is probably the most economical method. Your other option of course is to buy a used engine and ship it over(I don't know if I would do that though). Again, there are reputable machine shops in Canada or the States that probably have one sitting on the shelf that you could order from if you are willing to soak up the core charge. It doesn't sound like an inexpensive option no matter which one you pursue. Another option is to remember that a limousine is only a tool to make money and maybe this is time to upgrade the equipment. Raise your prices slightly to compensate for the loss of your limousine, amortize that price over time and come out ahead with a more modern service that will earn you more money. Good luck.

Daryl Frenette, Premier Limousine Services Ltd.Red Deer, Alberta, Canada<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i also have a 95 & 96 but would like to keep this to offer something different! o what shall i do

www.1stlincslimo.co.uk

get a rebuilt engine shipped to you try www.reconengines.com
    they may also be able to help with a transmission.

The 302cui (5.0L) engine and EAOD transmission in your car could come from just about anything Ford made in those years. Mustang, Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Mark 7, even some of the trucks and vans could do in a pinch. You just keep most of the intake and exhaust parts from your car, a 302 is a 302 is a 302. The 302 engine in a 1974 MustangII would work. The 302 is the longest lived Ford motor, as it even found itself thrown into the late 90's V8 Explorer and Mountaineer SUV's. Not bad for an engine introduced in the 60's.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466