Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limo software/reservations

I have tried quite a few trial versions of limo softwares but i have yet to come across a software which would allow me to make a roundtrip reservation on the same page for the same party. All limo softwares only allow you to enter a one way trip, while most of our trips are roundtrip. this causes a lot of hasseles for us since these softwares would require us to enter the roundtrip for the same party as two 1-way trips, hence we would have to enter the information twice on the same party.

An ideal software would allow us to click a button on the reservations page if we are taking a roundtrip booking and once we click on the RT button the software should allow us to enter the return info as well on the same screen, and also must generate reservation numbers automatically which can be looked up later via a query. I hope their are some smart software engineers who will look at this post and try to incorporate these ideas into the newer versions. Also for any travel agent bookings we should be able to input the agencys name and their commission rate which should be automatically calculated in entered into accounts payable.
    I am referring to fasttrack and limowiz software. I do like the option in limowiz which lets me input the name of source for a particular run, since keeping track of bookings can help us concentrate our marketing dollars in the right direction.

We get a lot of business from the internet and I think these software manufacturers should atleast add a field for the email address next to the mailing address since we email all of our confirmations.

FastTRAK 2001 Professional and Platinum versions both book return after return on the reservation page without have to re-type the basic data -- just the new data like the arr airline & time & date which are pull downs.

The above also applies to multiple passengers arriving with the same basic info -- book next segment button would be used

The latest edition also includes the email address in the clients profile for emailing to clients.

if you have questions or other suggestions for our software contact me at 800 533 6440 or via email -- info@fasttrak-software.com

Thank You Eddie

Eddie:

Will you have your new version of Fastrak at the show in Las Vegas? And does your upcoming version include lines of routing instead of the pickup and dropoff format that your using now? I am looking forward to meeting you in person

Wade Randolph

> An ideal software would allow us to click a button on the reservations page if we are taking a roundtrip booking and once we click on the RT button the software should allow us to enter the return info as well on the same screen, and also must generate reservation numbers automatically which can be looked up later via a query. <

In LimoWiz 2000, entering round trips is very quick! We use a 'Ditto' feature which carries information from the previously entered trip. You just press the Ditto Key ( F10 ) on the field that you want to be similar, including Trip time and Date. Trip numbers are generated automatically by LimoWiz and can be search quickly with LimoWiz's Find window.
    For the Routing Details, you can use buttons to insert acccount address or passenger address. Flight information can quickly be entered in the Flight Window, which uses the 'Auto Complete' features to speed up data entry for the Names of Airlines and cities where airlines fly from/to.

> Also for any travel agent bookings we should be able to input the agencys name and their commission rate which should be automatically calculated in entered into accounts payable. <

In LimoWiz you can setup a Travel Agent commission %. This will be printed on the invoice/statement and the program does it's balancing of the Total Due of the invoice.
    On the Trip Window, the commission amount is shown at the bottom of the screen.

There is also a reconciliation feature to zero out the commission after paying the Travel Agent.

> I do like the option in limowiz which lets me input the name of source for a particular run, since keeping track of bookings can help us concentrate our marketing dollars in the right direction. <

I am glad you like it.

> We get a lot of business from the internet and I think these software manufacturers should atleast add a field for the email address next to the mailing address since we email all of our confirmations. <

The Email address is already in LimoWiz 2000 and be used to send invoice(s) and confirmation(s) to clients.

The latest fully functional trial is now on our website.

Regards,
    Jamal Assaf
    Creative Software
    www.limowiz.com
    support@limowiz.com

Yes,

We are currently developing v4.0 that will be released this spring.

All current releases v3.3 are on my website www.fasttrak-software.comincluding an update v3.3.1
    and the sql server product is being accepted very well.

I am currently working on the routing you mentioned as well as the export (in addition to the export that is already available from reports) suggestion to word or excel.

I look forward to meeting you too.

Our uniform for the show will remind you of "Fast" and a "Track"

Let me know what you think in Vegas -- Hate ties or suits

Eddie

have been using a demo of both these programs lately, more limowiz recently since my demo time ran out on fasttrack, and wish i could combine the best features of each, i like the flat rate pricing and mileage tracking of limowiz and the speed and report capability of fasttrack. been holding off on a decision till after i see them both as well as others in vegas

Has anyone tried ALERT? (Automated Limousine Electronic Reservation Tracking System) The owner of the company I work for has used LMSGold (dos) for years. They have switched to Alert just resently. Has anyone used this software before and if they have have they had any problems.

Thanks
    jim

I had thought "ALERT" went out of business and doesn't exist anymore. The founder of that company is now apart of Interride. (This is what I heard but don't know if it is true.)

Maybe someone else knows here.

I just saw an ad in the latest Limo Magazine for Alert - I guess I am wrong!

[This message was edited by Michele- Vendor Relations on May 22, 2001 at 08:51 PM.]

So have you heard good things or bad things about ALERT? People here love ALERT, they are use to LMSGold(DOS). Does anyone have a suggestion on all in one software? Like I said, I'm new to the business and want to learn.
    Thanks
    Jim

Have you checked out the latest version of LimoWiz 4.5d? It has a round-trip feature after you save a new trip. Also the email feature is now automatic with optional prompt if you wish to print trip charges on emailed confirmations.

Please visit out website for details and information: www.limowiz.com

Regards,
    Jim Assaf
    Creative Software
    support@limowiz.com

I've been using LimoWiz for about 1 1/2 years, and it has been excellent. The programmer is very helpful and adds options that you, the consumer request. The e-mailing of confirmations and invoices works great, as well as the round trip feature. I have tried a few programs, and for the money, this one is excellent. Actually, I originally had Liverycoach. This was less expensive, and I would say about 100% better!!!

We switched from EasyTrip (developer is a nightmare) to LimoWiz, and we find the program better than anything else out there, and I've previewed a lot of packages to get to this point. Jim Assaf is most helpful and the program is improved frequently. Anybody who tries LimoWiz and works with it for awhile cannot help but come to the same conclusion. The best part is that you can download the program and actually use it to run your comapny for weeks or months before having to make a purchase decision, so you really get to know the software. We downloaded it, played with it for a few weeks, then ran it parallel to EasyTrip for about a month (sedans on LimoWiz, stretches and buses on EasyTrip), and finally switched the whole operation to LimoWiz and ran it for another two months. When we were absolutely satisfied, we bought it. What more can you ask for?

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

This is in response to the person who wrote about easy trip software. i have been using this software for the last 2 or 3 years. i got it after 4 or 5 recomemdations from other limo companies in the area. (San Francisco) we have not had trouple with help or support from these people like with 2 others we had before.
    there is a way to create a link to a return trip. i find it is the best because you get 2 seperate orders, plus they are linked together, so it's easy to find the 2nd half of the round trip. it takes about 20 or 30 seconds to enter each trip in a round trip.
    best regards,
    Joe Pardo
    Aspen transportation
    San Francisco Ca.

Livery Coach Software has a "Return Trip" feature. When you choose it you are prompted for the return date and flight information. The payment information from the outbound trip is autofilled for the return along with addresse information being flipped for the return. When calling up either reservation their is an indicator of a linked or return trip. Livery Coach also gives you the ability enter e-mail addresses in customer records and use them to e-mail confirmations or receipts.