Thread: Advertising Possibility

Has anyone used or heard anything about:
    InSite Advertising
    http://insiteadvertising.com/who.htm
    out of New York?????

They have advertising space that is aimed at the 21 to 34 age group positioned in places such as bars, nightclubs, and resturaunts. These spaces are positioned above the urinals and toilets in mens and womens rooms. Allowing uninterupted viewing of your ad.

I was considering this as a possible choice to help get my business in the eyes of the market that I am going to specialize in. Nightclubs, wedding/bachealor party spots and resturuants, and bars.

Anyone hear or have any positive or negative input???

Thank you,

Dan Bachi ~ Fusion Limos
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

Yes, I have seen them in clubs and been pitched on buying the ads. I would say it is all dependent upon image placement. If you are going after the bar crowd, perhaps it would be a good thing. Personally, I don't want people pissing on my logo and I don't really want them thinking about my company while holding their pecker in their hand. Those are prescisely the two reasons why I chose not to advertise.

Here are some other more logical reasons. Very seldom do men have to wait in a bathroom for a urinal. So, let's say that a single urinal between 9:00pm (when clubs get going) to 1:45am (when clubs here start kicking you out) the urinal has 6 patrons or one every ten minutes. That means you have 30 "hits" during the entire night. At least 10 will be repeat visitors with small bladders. That means you got 20 "views" in a night. Consider that 1/4 of thoese are "regulars" who see the same ad every night and don't really care. That means you get 15 views per night of new potential clients. For about the same price, you could do several radio ads and have 10,000 people exposed to your name at one time in a single commercial.

Next, consider that most people don't come back from the urinal and discuss their event. Thus, only the person who "hit" it was exposed to your ad (no pun intended). If you want to hit that club in a better way, do a joint promo with them that allows signage on coasters, placements, walls, mentions from the deejay booth etc. You will get far better results. Luxury and piss should not be paired together.

Just my humble opinions.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

I have ads in 6 locations. Bars and reaturants. I chose to have them placed ONLY in the womens restrooms (they generally go in pairs and have their purses with them. ie: pen and paper.) It has worked out well. I generally get 90% of women calling for quotes and bookings anyways, even for the guys trips! Besides, most women will gab to girlfriends about it. Guys won't.

You have to be sure to get a list from the advertiser of locations. YOU CHOOSE what locations they will go up. Don't let them or they will become a fill in at places no one else wants!

I've taken my wife with and had her check all the locations I was told they were put up. She said it was great for the "captive audience." They we're done well.

Good way to advertise!!

Think it's a good idea if the price is right. A smart ad combining Drinking, Driving & the Law v. cost of a limo could be an attention grabber. Imagine taking a wiz staring at an ad featuring a mean looking, Smokey Hat Wearing Trooper with glaring eyes asking the reader if they will be meeting tonight?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Originally posted by Limo Scene:

Personally, I don't want people pissing on my logo and I don't really want them thinking about my company while holding their pecker in their hand.

Next, consider that most people don't come back from the urinal and discuss their event.

Luxury and piss should not be paired together.

Just my humble opinions.
    Classic!

Originally posted by Salicete:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Limo Scene:

Personally, I don't want people pissing on my logo and I don't really want them thinking about my company while holding their pecker in their hand.

Next, consider that most people don't come back from the urinal and discuss their event.

Luxury and piss should not be paired together.

Just my humble opinions.
    Classic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me thinks Big Dawg just having a little fun. Anyone who has been around the block more then once knows that more then one type of bodily fluid hits those seats.

Don't bother knockin if this limo is a rockin...
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill