Thread: Employment?

I have 10 yrs experience in CA and another 3yrs experience in CT.

Relocated to Stuart, FL. Can anyone suggest any employment opportunities in Stuart or the surrounding areas?

Also, anyone have any experience w/ Carey Chauffeured Services?

Carey is one of the biggest chauffeured transportation company in existance. They've been around for awhile. However, I cannot attest to how (and how much) they pay their chauffeurs.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

Also, you may want to try LimoForSale.com -- there is a drivers/chauffeurs wanted section.

http://www.limoforsale.com/resourceResults.asp?cat=6
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Originally posted by lauren59:
    I have 10 yrs experience in CA and another 3yrs experience in CT.

Relocated to Stuart, FL. Can anyone suggest any employment opportunities in Stuart or the surrounding areas?

Also, anyone have any experience w/ Carey Chauffeured Services?
    you could look up the companies registered on this site that are doing business in your area, and call them on your own...

Yes. I am very satisfied with Carey. Florida offers many options for the quality minded Chauffeur Applicant. Check around !
    Dean Schuler

Thanks for the info!

I checked out Carey when I was living in CT. I was told the basic setup was that I purchase my own vehicle and then work as an independent, getting calls from their office. ( I was squeamish in going into this type of venture since I lived on a hill and would have to park the car on the street.) Is this correct, can you give me any more details on their operation procedures?

I relocated to FL and have a safer place to park a vehicle, but not familiar w/ my new area. Do you think this affect my chances of finding employment here? Are the cars equipped w/ GPS? Are you familiar w/ Florida's opportunities?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks again for the info.

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Originally posted by lauren59:
    Thanks for the info!

I checked out Carey when I was living in CT. I was told the basic setup was that I purchase my own vehicle and then work as an independent, getting calls from their office. ( I was squeamish in going into this type of venture since I lived on a hill and would have to park the car on the street.) Is this correct, can you give me any more details on their operation procedures?

I relocated to FL and have a safer place to park a vehicle, but not familiar w/ my new area. Do you think this affect my chances of finding employment here? Are the cars equipped w/ GPS? Are you familiar w/ Florida's opportunities?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks again for the info.

check your local yellow pages to see how many listings there are under "limousine service", and that should give you an idea of how business is. Cars do not come equipped with GPS, but you can buy a nice GPS from stores like Best Buy for $400-500, or try EBAY.

Do your homework-any QUALITY COMPANY desires superior CHAUFFEURS. After all-that is the name of the game in our chosen profession. The others are merely wooden "soldiers" that make up the "car and driver crowd".
    Dean Schuler