Thread: Coach builder

Im intersested in buying a new 100"LCW lincoln.I´Firstly is this a good idea?would you think its better to buy new or a new shape used.In what place would you put LCW,are they value for money,i have also looked at cars from ACC,but as im living in germany im not really up with the best coachbuilders.At the moment i have a 1996 100" LCW

All my cars are Royale's. It helps to have them close by, however, I find they are not over flashy (just flashy enough) and they really stand up to the abuse a limo gets. Tell them Silver Ridge Limo sent you, ask for Dave. I have one 100" and 2 120"s. Yes, everyone wants the bigger cars, but that 100 is a workhorse for everything and gets in and out of places the others can't. Love them!

How do we feel about the new Cartier L for sedan service. It seems to me that aside from the $8000 price premium, the extra factory inches, redundant seat controls, 90* door hinges etc. seems like a great idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tom jones:
    How do we feel about the new Cartier L for sedan service. It seems to me that aside from the $8000 price premium, the extra factory inches, redundant seat controls, 90* door hinges etc. seems like a great idea.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmm. Where are you getting $8,000? Our prices show a $4,000 differential under the Ford Fleet program. I just double-checked the last price quote we got and that's exactly what it shows, a $4,000 differential. Who are you buying TCs from?

I'm just refereing to the retail sticker price. $41k and change for a regular TC versus $49k and change for a Cartier L. Source: Bankstion L-M, Dallas.

Also, it should be clear, I've bought neither car.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tom jones:
    I'm just refereing to the retail sticker price. $41k and change for a regular TC versus $49k and change for a Cartier L. Source: Bankstion L-M, Dallas.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phewwww - I was beginning to wonder, because our price was a tad over $34,000 for the L and I couldn't figure where the $8,000 difference was.

Yes, they're bought all day long for around $34,000. But everyone is buying Executive L's which are supposed to be only marketed to livery buyers, not Cartier L's that are marketed to the public.

Even in the regular edition Town Cars livery is invariably on the Executive Series sedan. Where availability is down or the owners prefer, you will find a smattering of Signature Series', but almost a non-existent number of Cartiers. Fleet buyers opt for the 535 livery package on their cars which is only available on the Executive Series.

Karl, that's good info. I didn't realize there was an L in the Executive series when equiped as a 535 for livery. It's the same 6" stretch I assume with redundant seat controls? I guess I need to go see a dealer.

Yes, you can get a brief outline at the following URL:

http://www.fleet.ford.com/products_s...0towncar%2Ejpg

You'll also notice that 535 Livery and 418 Limousine Builder packages are available exclusively on the Executive Series units (Executive L also for the 535 Livery package).

Not having been to Dallas in ages, I would have thought there'd have been a couple of LimoCare dealers, but I guess the closest thing to you is a fleet preferred dealer, Greenville Ford Lincoln-Mercury.

Bankston Lincoln-Mercury may not be an official LimoCare dealer, but they should still have information regarding the Executive L. The fleet Mgr. at Bankston is Walter Onubagu.

Take care
    Karl

[This message has been edited by Karl (edited 08-29-2000).]

Hi,
    I'm a new company owner and the Executive Series L was the first car I purchased. It listed for almost 45G's and I was able to acquire it for 35. I had a few small upgrades added like the wheel opening chrome.
    etc. So far the customers oooh and aaah over the extra room and especially the ride. I would purchase another one in a heartbeat! I have the livery package also!
    Best of luck!
    Lee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee:
    Hi,
    I'm a new company owner and the Executive Series L was the first car I purchased. It listed for almost 45G's and I was able to acquire it for 35. I had a few small upgrades added like the wheel opening chrome.
    etc. So far the customers oooh and aaah over the extra room and especially the ride. I would purchase another one in a heartbeat! I have the livery package also!
    Best of luck!
    Lee
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Correct!! That is the car you will need to complete. Sincerely, Dean Schuler

How do we feel about the new Cartier L for sedan service. It seems to me that aside from the $8000 price premium, the extra factory inches, redundant seat controls, 90* door hinges etc. seems like a great idea.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,
    Don't waste your money. Do your self a favor, buy a nice clean low to mid milage 98,99, or 2000, Town Car, and move the front passenger seat all the way forward.
    Reason #1. You will save your self anywhere from $10,000 to $15,000.
    Reason #2. No one is going to know a car is stretched 6" unless you tell them.
    Reason #3. If your clients should realize or be told that the car is longer and just happen to fall in love with it, there going to want it all the time. If you only have one L series TC, what are you going to do when two clients want it at the same time? Headache.

Signed,
    Paulie Walnuts